Author Topic: Is Obama in more Danger than G.W.Bush?  (Read 1772 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Is Obama in more Danger than G.W.Bush?
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:30:53 AM »
Think about it, there must be so many people starting by the KKK to all these Gun loving "good  'ol boys" in the Montana Mountains that rather die than see a "black" president.

I don;t think there are more people that want him dead, but I fear the people that would like to see him dead are homegrown.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Is Obama in more Danger than G.W.Bush?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:52 AM »
whats interesting is im finding out obama has blood ties to the queen of england and also george bush, bush is also has royal bloodlines...
A

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:05:51 AM »
obama was DUMPED by his black daddy at age 2. he was raised by his white mother from kansas and his white grandparents.

why do you say he's black ?

Because he IS black.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:22:06 AM »
first regulation Obama will enforce is shoot down any KKK members
I am a mini beast

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 06:08:21 AM »
hey Stark! wots da story on your neighbor bro?

peteK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 06:21:28 AM »
Because he IS black.

As black as he is white. Apart from that he is black of African decent, not African American decent. Basically he has nothing to do with African Americans. Now before everybody jumps on me for saying black of African decent is something different than Black of Africa American decent, consider the following:

African Americans all have ancestors from West Africa, because that is where people in those days got their slaves from. The genetic variation in the black race in Africa is as big as the variation between the different races themselves. Therefore someone who has a father from Kenya is genetically very different from a West African person. As much as a white person differs from a West African person.

Culturally Obama was raised by white people, so he doesn't know more about the culture of black Americans than any other white person.

Before I am being accused of anything, I would like to point out that I am not a racist, in case any part of my post is being misinterpreted. I am merely pointing out that describing Barack Obama as "Black", in the sense of "African American" does not make much sense from a cultural or biological point of view.

Oh, and here is one more thing to ponder...... Black people in the United States are not 100% of African decent, because slave owners used to rape their female slaves. So over time, every black American, got a little bit of white genes in them. I mean after all, you won't find many "black" people in Africa as light skinned as Muhammed Ali or Kareem Abdul Jabber. (And yes, I picked their names on purpose) :P

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 06:46:40 AM »
Considering that some of the far left hoped Bush might get it...there was a Canadian movie about it...and before the 04 election a British paper pined for Hinkely and Boothe.....I'm sure this will come up. This is a nightmare for the militia and KKK type groups. Plus with his anti-business stance u get the perfect storm much like the JFK.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 06:50:03 AM »
Plus with his anti-business stance u get the perfect storm much like the JFK.

He's not anti-business, he's pro-AMERICAN business...as in, with American workers.

That said, if he's in any real danger, the most likely threats are from people with the same general skin color as he.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:01:09 AM »
As black as he is white. Apart from that he is black of African decent, not African American decent. Basically he has nothing to do with African Americans. Now before everybody jumps on me for saying black of African decent is something different than Black of Africa American decent, consider the following:

African Americans all have ancestors from West Africa, because that is where people in those days got their slaves from. The genetic variation in the black race in Africa is as big as the variation between the different races themselves. Therefore someone who has a father from Kenya is genetically very different from a West African person. As much as a white person differs from a West African person.

Culturally Obama was raised by white people, so he doesn't know more about the culture of black Americans than any other white person.

Before I am being accused of anything, I would like to point out that I am not a racist, in case any part of my post is being misinterpreted. I am merely pointing out that describing Barack Obama as "Black", in the sense of "African American" does not make much sense from a cultural or biological point of view.

Oh, and here is one more thing to ponder...... Black people in the United States are not 100% of African decent, because slave owners used to rape their female slaves. So over time, every black American, got a little bit of white genes in them. I mean after all, you won't find many "black" people in Africa as light skinned as Muhammed Ali or Kareem Abdul Jabber. (And yes, I picked their names on purpose) :P

By the logic in this statement, Frederick Douglass and W.E.B. Dubois have nothing to do with African Americans.

And by the second statement, you actually know what Obama knows about black culture? You guess, that just because  he was raised by a white mother that he didn't much time with black people. Tommy Davidson  a well known comic who was on "In Living Color" was adopted by white parents, yet he  was acculturated   with black culture...

I often times wondered if Ignorance, not baseball is America's favorite past-time ::)

He's not anti-business, he's pro-AMERICAN business...as in, with American workers.

That said, if he's in any real danger, the most likely threats are from people with the same general skin color as he.

Former Virginia Gov. Douglass Wilder said basically the same thing. He said Obama will more likely have more critics in the AA community than anywhere else.

My fear for Obama, is that if he becomes president, he will inherit a shit storm, and if he can't clean it up, he will be criticized by whites as not being able to get it done because he's black.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:23:48 AM »
He plays the plight of the "worker": against big business...he talks about teachers working night shifts at dunkin donuts....his speeches are nothing new...Edwards and Hil did this all the time...its just that the package is better. This is all point of view...I'm a conservative.

Some things he proposes:  He would exempt all retirees making less than $50,000 annually from income tax. By his math, that would provide average tax relief of $1,400 to 7 million retirees — shifting more of the tax burden onto younger workers. Obama’s main proposal for Social Security is to raise the payroll tax beyond the present $102,000 ceiling.

For all the glitz of Barack Obama, he is a very conventional ultra-liberal American politician. There isn’t any fundamental difference between him and Hillary - or between him and any one of a score of senior Democratic politicians. They all agree that only very modest and targeted tax cuts should be implemented; that very large increases in spending are necessary; that universal health care is a right; that abortion on demand must remain the law of the land; that America’s continued racism required continued racial quotas dressed up as affirmative action; that no restrictions must be placed on the ability of lawyers to sue, regardless of the merits of the case; that Iraq is a failure we must withdraw from…on and on and on: you don’t have to listen to a Barack Obama speech - all you need to know is the subjects to be covered, and you can already tell precisely what he will say about them...cut from another article.
L

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:25:21 AM »
u get the perfect storm much like the JFK.

do you think JFK was really killed by a group of people and not just one crazy guy?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
well I don't know but u had many conspiracies...the mafia/Cuba/Russia/big business...u might have the same thing here...KKK/anti-islamists/big business....it doesn't matter he's not a muslim..he had ties..it doesn't matter he is more white...its all about perception and who knows what goes through the mind of an assasin..especially if u believe 911 was a NEOCON CT, how far are they or anybody else willing to go to hold power or money.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »
Former Virginia Gov. Douglass Wilder said basically the same thing. He said Obama will more likely have more critics in the AA community than anywhere else.

My fear for Obama, is that if he becomes president, he will inherit a shit storm, and if he can't clean it up, he will be criticized by whites as not being able to get it done because he's black.

I couldn't agree more.  Because we're in the beginning stages of such a huge economic crash, there's really no way to predict how long the impending recession will last.  I'm not saying that he should approach a possible presidency as an 8-year affair, but if it takes 3 years to right the ship, he will be blamed for keeping America mired in tough economic times throughout 'most' of his tenure in office.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »
especially if u believe 911 was a NEOCON CT

HH6,

What do you think is the % chance that they did let 911 happen, for the neocon agenda or whatever?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »
I don't think the general population has any clue how truly fucked the world wide credit market is right now (It's taken a few months for it to sink in and I follow this stuff) and how much this will effect our economy (and others).   That danger is worse than any terrorist attack IMO

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »
He plays the plight of the "worker": against big business...he talks about teachers working night shifts at dunkin donuts....his speeches are nothing new...Edwards and Hil did this all the time...its just that the package is better. This is all point of view...I'm a conservative.

Some things he proposes:  He would exempt all retirees making less than $50,000 annually from income tax. By his math, that would provide average tax relief of $1,400 to 7 million retirees — shifting more of the tax burden onto younger workers. Obama’s main proposal for Social Security is to raise the payroll tax beyond the present $102,000 ceiling.

For all the glitz of Barack Obama, he is a very conventional ultra-liberal American politician. There isn’t any fundamental difference between him and Hillary - or between him and any one of a score of senior Democratic politicians. They all agree that only very modest and targeted tax cuts should be implemented; that very large increases in spending are necessary; that universal health care is a right; that abortion on demand must remain the law of the land; that America’s continued racism required continued racial quotas dressed up as affirmative action; that no restrictions must be placed on the ability of lawyers to sue, regardless of the merits of the case; that Iraq is a failure we must withdraw from…on and on and on: you don’t have to listen to a Barack Obama speech - all you need to know is the subjects to be covered, and you can already tell precisely what he will say about them...cut from another article.
Don't you think that the lower and middle class deserve a voice in the Gov.?  They don't have the dollars to compete with the monied elites that now own Washington politics.  Why begrudge most of the people a little representation in our republican democracy?

He's hardly ultra-liberal.  I would not characterize the democratic party as particularly liberal.  Bill Clinton was not a liberal.  Hillary Clinton is about as pro-business as they come (outside the realm of UHC) and she supported the war.  If Obama's anti-war stance makes him a liberal...I just don't see it.  The Iraq war is bad policy--attacking countries that haven't done a thing to the US is bad policy.  It's a black hole for US tax dollars and lives.  Like I said, I fail to see the liberal slant on that.

I think Obama's tax proposals are fairly modest.  He wants to work with the gouging Insurance companies to implement his plan of UHC instead of just excluding them all together.  That's hardly ultra-liberal.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »
Basically we're in the situation that results from an attack..without the attack...There was a good article that I will try and dig up...basically saying that yeah we're fucked and it could be really bad. It said the only why to lessen the blow was for Uncle Sam to step in much like Japan was forced to do. I don't think there is any way to avoid it.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Decker he's the most Lib senator..the guy is a lib. Plus I just don't see how we can afford all his promises.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »
Decker he's the most Lib senator..the guy is a lib. Plus I just don't see how we can afford all his promises.
That's simply not true.

Gore was the most liberal when he ran.

Kerry was the most liberal when he ran.

How coincidental.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 09:55:05 AM »
Decker he was voted the most Liberal senator in the senate. I don't know if that even matters..but as of 2007 he was.

Obama also said he'd simplify the tax code so that any employed American with a bank account can do their taxes in minutes if they take the standard deduction. It makes sense, he said, because the Internal Revenue Service already collects wage and bank account information.

"There's no reason the IRS can't send Americans pre-filled tax forms to verify," he said. "This means no more worry. No more wasted time. No more extra expenses for a tax preparer

I don't want Unlce Sam doing my taxes....I don't want the IRS to tell me the sky is blue.

This comes down to allowing more governmental control...or less. I'm a conservative...governmen t must be less intrusive and drawn down.
L

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26:19 AM »
I'm a conservative...governmen t must be less intrusive

Do you support the patriot Act?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
Decker he was voted the most Liberal senator in the senate. I don't know if that even matters..but as of 2007 he was.

Obama also said he'd simplify the tax code so that any employed American with a bank account can do their taxes in minutes if they take the standard deduction. It makes sense, he said, because the Internal Revenue Service already collects wage and bank account information.

"There's no reason the IRS can't send Americans pre-filled tax forms to verify," he said. "This means no more worry. No more wasted time. No more extra expenses for a tax preparer

I don't want Unlce Sam doing my taxes....I don't want the IRS to tell me the sky is blue.

This comes down to allowing more governmental control...or less. I'm a conservative...governmen t must be less intrusive and drawn down.

He was voted most liberal in the Senate by whom and under what criteria?

Sorry if I don't jump on the 'most liberal' bandwagon, but I would like to see some proof.  What even constitutes 'liberal' anymore?  Opposing far right politicians?  That's not liberal. 

No president in my lifetime has reduced the size of government.  Clinton made it more efficient but that's as close as we got.