Author Topic: When's Michael Lockett competing again?  (Read 4244 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: When's Michael Lockett competing again?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »
USA's in July, Vegas baby.

They will give him one of the pro cards. Dude is a freak and great physique with great genetics. But agree, something other than a side chest just looks sorta odd  :-\

He's already got one (or at least, he already qualifies for one), courtesy of his Team Universe win in 2006. He looks to be doing what Jose Raymond did, competing at other national-level showing, despite already winning a pro qualifier (overall at TU or weight class at the Nationals).

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
He's already got one (or at least, he already qualifies for one), courtesy of his Team Universe win in 2006. He looks to be doing what Jose Raymond did, competing at other national-level showing, despite already winning a pro qualifier (overall at TU or weight class at the Nationals).

When you then compete back in the NPC, which he did at the Jr. Nats, then you forfeit the pro card.  :'(

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 05:27:09 AM »
the USA's.  He's expected to win it, too.  The dude is big and cut.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 05:31:12 AM »
Natural has changed its meaning when applied to BB.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »
When you then compete back in the NPC, which he did at the Jr. Nats, then you forfeit the pro card.  :'(

That’s only if Lockett officially applied for an IFBB pro card and competed in an IFBB pro show, which, to my knowledge, he has not done.

We've seen a handful of bodybuilder win pro qualifiers yet remain in the amateur ranks until a later time. Jose Raymond is another example. His class win at the Nationals marks the FOURTH time he's qualified for IFBB pro status (the other three times being two other class wins at the Nationals and an overall win at the Team Universe).

Raymond never applied for IFBB pro status, after his other three wins. But, I've heard that he may go for it, this time around.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »
That’s only if Lockett officially applied for an IFBB pro card and competed in an IFBB pro show, which, to my knowledge, he has not done.

We've seen a handful of bodybuilder win pro qualifiers yet remain in the amateur ranks until a later time. Jose Raymond is another example. His class win at the Nationals marks the FOURTH time he's qualified for IFBB pro status (the other three times being two other class wins at the Nationals and an overall win at the Team Universe).

Raymond never applied for IFBB pro status, after his other three wins. But, I've heard that he may go for it, this time around.

Damn.  To think that guys like chicarello have been trying for a pro card since 1986, and this raymond guy has thrown it away 4 times!!!

I admire chikys persistance tho.... :-[

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »

Damn.  To think that guys like chicarello have been trying for a pro card since 1986, and this raymond guy has thrown it away 4 times!!!

I admire chikys persistance tho.... :-[

I wouldn't say that Raymond threw it away. How much impact would Raymond have had, turning pro as a lightweight? Even as a welterweight/middleweight, he's going to struggle at the pro level (should he decide to compete). While all the class winners at the Nationals get a pro card (even the bantamweights), it isn't always the best move to cash it in your chips, right off the bat.

I refer you to one Ken Jones, who turned pro by winning the bantamweight class at the Nationals.