Author Topic: The average age at getbig members??  (Read 6009 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: The average age at getbig members??
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »
Godanmit, ya'll muthafcukers old...lol, I'm fcuking 33 and feeling it, too ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
23 here.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
why do gays age faster? Is it the ass sex? :P

No.  The reason is we live in visual (read youth obsessed) culture. 

Being viable on the meat market often meant having a great (young body).  Accordingly, the conventional wisdom was that 20 something was the apex.  In the 30s you were still breathing/viable and practically a “daddy.”  In the 40s you were a “daddy” or a fossil.  In the 50’s you were a troll, out of circulation (a homebody) or otherwise dead.

The AIDS epidemic changed this mentality somewhat.  In a very short period of time huge swaths of the 40 and 50 something population were wiped out.  So the “daddies” became a thin (in numbers) population.  As drug cocktails and steroids became a standard part of treatments lots of guys in the 30s and 40s started bulking up and looking buff.  Even healthy (negative) guys starting bulking up as they “borrowed” steroids from men who used them legitimately or found friendly doctors who were willing to prescribe them. The result was a maturing population of 40 somethings and newly 50 somethings that had bulging muscles and still looked good/sexy on the meat market.  Hence 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30…

It’s interesting to note that gay social life and bodybuilding have gone hand in hand:  it used to be that the bodybuilding peak occurred in the 20s with the 30 something guys pushing the envelope.  Back in the day a 40 something bodybuilder was unheard of.  Now, 40 something bodybuilders still look great… as do many 50 somethings. 

In many ways the history of bodybuilding & physique culture is the history of gay life.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »

Being viable on the meat market often meant having a great (young body).  Accordingly, the conventional wisdom was that 20 something was the apex.  In the 30s you were still breathing/viable and practically a “daddy.”  In the 40s you were a “daddy” or a fossil.  In the 50’s you were a troll, out of circulation (a homebody) or otherwise dead.

The AIDS epidemic changed this mentality somewhat.  In a very short period of time huge swaths of the 40 and 50 something population were wiped out.  So the “daddies” became a thin (in numbers) population.  As drug cocktails and steroids became a standard part of treatments lots of guys in the 30s and 40s started bulking up and looking buff.  Even healthy (negative) guys starting bulking up as they “borrowed” steroids from men who used them legitimately or found friendly doctors who were willing to prescribe them. The result was a maturing population of 40 somethings and newly 50 somethings that had bulging muscles and still looked good/sexy on the meat market.  Hence 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30…

It’s interesting to note that gay social life and bodybuilding have gone hand in hand:  it used to be that the bodybuilding peak occurred in the 20s with the 30 something guys pushing the envelope.  Back in the day a 40 something bodybuilder was unheard of.  Now, 40 something bodybuilders still look great… as do many 50 somethings. 

In many ways the history of bodybuilding & physique culture is the history of gay life.
Interesting. Polemical. This germ could be expanded into an article for journal publication, maybe more. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 02:21:41 PM »
liar liar, pants on fire

Why would I lie ???  Ask Ron, Dina, Grant or anyone else that's met me from GetBig ::)
w

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
Roughly 11,694,600 minutes
I

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »

Actually, I think there are very few teenagers/high school kids here. Remember, this is Getbig...  the first time a kid says something stupid, he gets owned into oblivion and sent packing to bodybuilding.com, Thunderdome-style. 

According to a highly placed source near The Ron, this is the aproximate breakdown of Getbig:

2% <20 years old
35% College-age
45% Late 20's or 30-somethings
18% Old fucks like Basile, Geo, Howard White, Joe Loco and Bob Chick.

Classic get big with the "18% old fucks class" count me in, I can't believe I amjjust 9 months away from 50, damn
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
I've been a Getbigger since 16. 19 now.
~

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »
I've been a Getbigger since 16. 19 now.

It's crazy many of us will never really know each other but we all share this site together and see each other grow and "mature" through our lives every day. I mean some guys on here like Rob for example have gone from being a shit talking professional pisser offer to the pros and now is a stay at home dad running websites for a living and acts dare I say very professional at times. And some others who came on here as young highschool guys are now going to college or working full time jobs now. But guys like Howie, Vince B., Max Rep etc... just continue to get older and older because they were already old when this site first started but I am sure one day we will be bashing them for living in a retirement home and having to poop into a bag.
I

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »
37 in a month >:(

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
I'm ten.
X

Paul Allen

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »
I'm ten.

he asked for your age, not tonnage you fat sloth.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
he asked for your age, not tonnage you fat sloth.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Classic ;D
I

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »

The Coach

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
46 in August :(

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »

damn, i'm old  :'(
are you delusional?

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 05:59:54 PM »

Bay that's a good observation

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »

So it is that ass sex..... :P j/k
so gay guys view each other, like straight  guys view chicks?
A

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
Im 25

And i feel i've comed to the crossroads of my life, its time for instant personal growth, its time for wealth and happyness. Its time for instant huge knowledge, its time to reboot the software of the brain, its do or die now. It has to happen now, i hold abck many years in vain.

Its that time kid

Do it boy!

Yes, i'll do her!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent