Author Topic: GNC.... god what a bunch of retards  (Read 6042 times)

CushingRW

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Squad is the fattest of all time.
GNC.... god what a bunch of retards
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:13:40 AM »
Yesterday I went to GNC to buy some vitamins, and was then lured into a debate with this semi fat kid, obviously hadnt lifted weight a day in his life.  He was trying to get me to try these "test poppers" or something. They were pills you chewed and supposedly raised your test. It was some crazy andro lookalike.. Anyway, the kid goes on to tell me that they've raised his testosterone so much that he can smell womens pheremones when they walk into the store....
HAHA. ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?!
where do they find these clowns?
F

12secGT

• Getbig III
Re: GNC.... god what a bunch of retards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
Yesterday I went to GNC to buy some vitamins, and was then lured into a debate with this semi fat kid, obviously hadnt lifted weight a day in his life.  He was trying to get me to try these "test poppers" or something. They were pills you chewed and supposedly raised your test. It was some crazy andro lookalike.. Anyway, the kid goes on to tell me that they've raised his testosterone so much that he can smell womens pheremones when they walk into the store....
HAHA. ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?!
where do they find these clowns?
Anyone know if they're paid on sales or are they paid a flat salary?? If they are paid on sales then there is your answer...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:15:41 AM »
gnc IS SUCH A RIP-OFF!!!! I even hate just going into the store to look around...makes me angry when I see the prices...and they don't even try to disguise the rip-offs with sales or anything like that...that gold card they give you (or rather u  have to purchase) is the biggest crock, and actually saves you little to nothing...They are a bunch of retards!

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:07:57 PM »
Anyone know if they're paid on sales or are they paid a flat salary?? If they are paid on sales then there is your answer...

They are paid commission. Not only that, but they are forced to promote whatever products have paid GNC corp money to have their shit hyped at the retail locations.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
I went back to the same store today, just to be an asshole.
The andro popper guy told me he is paid $8.00 plus commission,
but that each month, they have certain products that they get paid
special incentives for.
Surprise surprise, he said the muscle tech supps usually pay the most.

Funny that yo mention MT because our profit margin was absolutely shit on their products. I think GNC and MT have some kind of agreements to where both parties prosper,but noone else can get any of the action.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
I used to work at a gnc and ya they get paid commision and can get SI for selling certain products, The store i worked at wasnt a corporate store and the owner told me that a bunch of franchise owners were getting together to sue GNC b/c they would often put out coupons and buyer incentives that would actually end up costing the franchise owner money b/c the profit margin was less than the discount GNC gave in their coupons. GNC also not only marks up the products before the store buys them but then charges a percentage of the stores total sales as well...they fuk them coming and going. Thats why there always pushing some no name brand supplement b/c they didnt buy those from GNC

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:06:41 AM »
Their whole operation will phase out of existence now that the internet is widelely available.
If you haven't noticed, here lately, as  more and more internet supp stores open, gnc's seem
to be on the downfall. Their parent company stock bottomed out, and they close something
like 10 stores per day.
I'm glad too, because they've basically robbed me on numerous occasions, before I knew any
better.
Still smellin those peremones!

Hey methyl mike, I read another thread lately you were talking about some type or andro based supp... I think it was Tren something?
Could you send me a link to your thread, or tell me what the name of the supp was?

Tren Xtreme from American Cellular. Sold in Max Muscle stores or on their (American Cellular) web site. You will not find it at on line stores...

The thread is titled the same "Tren Xtreme American Cellular" or someting like that...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
have you used it busy?
I'm trying to avoid getting bitch tits... so hopefully the sides are mild... haha

Sides on Prohormones are never mild. Even the ones that claim they will not cause estro, etc. Can't trust them...

Never used it no, but know a lot of guys that have with great results. Make sure to do a solid PCT as it is part of the 19-nor family which can have negative effects even a month later. Knew a guy that did the Tren, refused to do a PCT and wound up with delayed on set gyno and his system was crashing. If you are worried about gyno while on, run some Gaspari Nolvedex with it. AFter, use their Estro Xtreme, good Trib and liver clense.

Point is, research and do a cycle right!! Honestly, real gear is better for you  ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 07:29:45 AM »
Why is anybody still going to GNC?

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »
OH MY GOD! THAT'S FUNNY AS HELL! i used to work in the mall, and i went into a gnc. the guy working there (no kidding u), was at least 300lbs of sloppy fat! he told me he knew zero about the products in the store, and that he just was hired cause of his past experience in retail! u know they hire these "losers" cause they can pay them cheap minimum wage and they will take it. no offense, but i'd rather buy from a guy who knows his shit and uses it! (AND YES, I TOO USED ANDRO POPPERS ONCE!) IT HAD 2 B ONE OF THE NASTIEST SUP I EVER USED. IT DID NOTHING 4 ME! :P

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
maybe he was playing

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:16 AM »
Every month there is an incentive/spiff to sell certain products which is why some of these tards push certain products over others.....

I used to run a Vitamin World and always told my employees...sell the customers what THEY want to be sold, not what YOU want to sell.

deadman

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 01:55:46 AM »
GNC was the best supplement retailer to work for......

Just ask GNC employees that sold the SCAN DIET!!!!! HA HA HA

ARE they still making $5.00 dollars a bottle for every bottle of large Hydroxycut sold!!!!

GNC Employees look a customers as VICTIMS!!!!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »

Good question. Vitamin Shoppe, bitches!  :D

bigsteal809

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 10:57:01 AM »
I use to go to GNC a while ago but stopped because of their prices and horrible service.  Everytime I went in there nobody knew anything about the products or anything.. half of the employees were all fat.  I just go to vitamin shoppe now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »
  Good question. Vitamin Shoppe, bitches!  :D

I use to go to GNC a while ago but stopped because of their prices and horrible service.  Everytime I went in there nobody knew anything about the products or anything.. half of the employees were all fat.  I just go to vitamin shoppe now.

To me, it's not a case of either/or. I shop at both GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. Vitamin Shoppe is GREAT, because of their name-brand products (i.e. those from the BodyTech line), which are just as good as the more commercial brands. In fact, for those lamenting about the rising price of whey protein, I'd suggest hitting Vitamin Shoppe hard, as their 5-jugs of Whey Tech run for $25.

Another great product is called Crea-Tech Extreme. It's basically BodyTech's version of CELL-TECH (except that it contains Corosolic Acid, instead of Lipoic acid, to aid in creatine and dextrose absorption). And, unlike that of CELL-TECH, the Orange-flavored version of Crea-Tech Extreme tastes terrific.

As for GNC, the cashiers can look like WWE's Umaga, for alll I care. As long as I can get the brands I like (with the marked-down prices) and use my Gold Card to get those RTDs, protein powders, and certain ON and MuscleTech products, I'm a happy guy.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 08:24:10 AM »

Bump for the truth.

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »
ok.
i worked at GNC for about 12 years.its all true.a person can make alot of money there,if you put your conscience aside and think about making money.they want sales people.product knowledge is almost meaningless.such a person might disagree that Total lean or Thermoburst are good products which they aren't. it seems they are downsizing from what i hear.it figures.years of keeping customers confused all the time being sold something new every month catches up with you.i worked at Vitamin shoppe for several months too.good place to buy things.they pay you very little.treat part time people like crap.the managers do ok.i regret going there.
Muscletech has a good deal with GNC.yes they pay enormous PMs to sell it.only problem is they have the Pro Preformace contest as a way to make up the fact no one want to sell it because it doesent pay anything really. i also understand they start new hires at ZERO percent commision now.
im out now.i dont feel what i bring to these places is appreciated really.
my 2 cents