Author Topic: Attn Beach Bum: Whale Transitional Fossils  (Read 2830 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Attn Beach Bum: Whale Transitional Fossils
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »
Beach Bum has been telling us on and off for months about a book he's been reading by one Geoffrey Simmons, MD, called "Billions of Missing Links." Apparently, this guy has "discovered" that there are too many "missing links" for evolution to be plausible.

Of course, before dismissing the central idea of modern biology, this unqualified guy did his research: minutes and minutes of it. He claims, in particular, that there are no transitional fossils for whales. If only he had typed "whale evolution" into Youtube, he'd have seen this video and heard the names of a few of these fossils:

Thankfully, there are science authors out there who actually are qualified to write books about science, and who actually bother to do research before making outlandish claims.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
Re: Attn Beach Bum: Whale Transitional Fossils
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »
While I'm here, here's biologist Ken Miller (a REAL biologist) talking about whale evolution and the pathetic collapse of "intelligent design"

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »
While I'm here, here's biologist Ken Miller (a REAL biologist) talking about whale evolution and the pathetic collapse of "intelligent design"

Yes, a real biologist who believes that Jesus Christ died for the 'sins' of all humanity and that the Christian deity is the primary mover... ::)
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
Ken Miller is both a distinguished biologist and a devout Catholic. His book "Finding Darwin's God" has been highly commended by many people of faith, who also want to learn science.

He is living proof that you don't have to be stupid in order to be on good terms with Jesus.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
Ken Miller is both a distinguished biologist and a devout Catholic. His book "Finding Darwin's God" has been highly commended by many people of faith, who also want to learn science.

He is living proof that you don't have to be stupid in order to be on good terms with Jesus.

Perhaps. But the fact remains that the core tenets of Christianity are incompatible with a modern scientific world view and HIS view is only achieved by a partitioning and compartmentalising of the mind. He is both an embarassment to real scientists like Dawkins and Weinberg and to fundamentalists who actually believe the bullshit they preach.

Weinberg quote:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »

Weinberg quote:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Deicide,
Allow me to complete that quote for Weinberg:

..."But for evil people to do good things, that takes faith in Jesus Christ."

Mark 2:17
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Luke 19:10
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:42:11 AM »
Please don't hijack this thread, Deicide and loco. Take your squabbles elsewhere.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 05:46:09 AM »
Please don't hijack this thread, Deicide and loco. Take your squabbles elsewhere.

CD, I thought you were an athiest? I am not highjacking this thread; I am calling bullshit on Miller's compartmentalisation of the mind, that he turns off his thoughts as a scientist to concentrate on his divine zombie in a loincloth and switches them on again to be a biologist. That is not being consistent and he knows it AND you of all people know it as well.
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:00:27 AM »
Yes I happen to be an atheist. So what? I still like my threads to stay on topic!

You can make your own thread to work out your beef with Miller. This thread is about whale transitional fossils and the creationists who claim they don't exist.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 06:47:03 AM »
Yes I happen to be an atheist. So what? I still like my threads to stay on topic!

You can make your own thread to work out your beef with Miller. This thread is about whale transitional fossils and the creationists who claim they don't exist.

Acknowledged. Now acknowledge that Miller is a hypocrite.
I hate the State.