Author Topic: gh15 why are Steroids bad for you?  (Read 6654 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: gh15 why are Steroids bad for you?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »
What the fuck is up with that avatar!! That is some sick shit!! Didn't know if knew but you have 2 turdburglers in a lip lock!! Hope this helps!! Have a nice day!! :D

Can't feel the luv?
from incomplete data

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »
Can't feel the luv?

Uh no sorry friend!! :-X
Spirit of Truth

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 04:26:57 PM »
speaking from experience DW?
JV is not DW, JF is DW.

Hope this helps, Sean Rey.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 08:11:50 PM »
bro I feel strong about this, If I can make some of you guys rethink your actions I have won and if that means that some of
the good people here like me less because I speak the truth... well so be it.

this kind of philosophy is such bullshit..."if I can just help one person out there"... if you want to help someone Stark, then start in your community, directly in your neighborhood, get involved and help out kids on welfare and really give them something, or help out at an animal shelter.

The problem is you really dont want to help anyone, your posts are just masturbation. pure narcissism. You  dont want to help anyone.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
this kind of philosophy is such bullshit..."if I can just help one person out there"... if you want to help someone Stark, then start in your community, directly in your neighborhood, get involved and help out kids on welfare and really give them something, or help out at an animal shelter.

The problem is you really dont want to help anyone, your posts are just masturbation. pure narcissism. You  dont want to help anyone.

hahahaha ok "gaybigs Gay Police" ::)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 10:24:22 PM »
Health Hazards

The major side effects from abusing anabolic steroids can include liver tumors
There is no proof of this and I challenge you to show it to me. Oral AAS can increase liver enzymes but not even to the level of what they would be if one were a heavy drinker. Injectable AAS does not have this effect

and cancer,
Bullshit, there is no proof of this anywhere. There is not one case where any cancer has been linked to steroids. Some may say that someone who contracted cancer got it because of AAS use, but there is no medical proof.

jaundice (yellowish pigmentation of skin, tissues, and body fluids), fluid retention, high blood pressure, increases in LDL (bad cholesterol), and decreases in HDL (good cholesterol).
They can decrease HDL, lowering LDL is very rare. Fluid retention and High BP...depends on the AAS in question...this isn't the case with all of them at all. Jaundice, no, not because of AAS, more likely caused by items such as Nubain or diuretic abuse, not AAS

Other side effects include kidney tumors, severe acne, and trembling. In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:
Acne, yes for some people. Shower daily and often such as more then 1x per day and this shouldn't be a problem. trembling, no, with items such as Clen yes, but that is not an AAS. Kidney tumors, see above.

* For men - shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.
Baldness is genetic. If you're predisposed to it then AAS may speed up the process...but you were going to go bald anyway. The testicles do shrink but it's not permanent and I don't care how long you stay on. Infertility, bullshit...if this were the case there wouldn't be so many BB's with kids.

* For women - growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.

Only if they use lots of Androgens. Things such as primo, anavar and low doses of winny are safe for women

* For adolescents - growth halted prematurely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. This means that adolescents risk remaining short for the remainder of their lives if they take anabolic steroids before the typical adolescent growth spurt.
No one would argue that kids should use

In addition, people who inject anabolic steroids run the added risk of contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver.

Only if they share a needle with someone who already has HIV. Otherwise, using a clean pin for you and you only is harmless.

Scientific research also shows that aggression and other psychiatric side effects may result from abuse of anabolic steroids. Many users report feeling good about themselves while on anabolic steroids, but researchers report that extreme mood swings also can occur, including manic-like symptoms leading to violence. Depression often is seen when the drugs are stopped and may contribute to dependence on anabolic steroids. Researchers report also that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.1

Research also indicates that some users might turn to other drugs to alleviate some of the negative effects of anabolic steroids. For example, a study of 227 men admitted in 1999 to a private treatment center for dependence on heroin or other opioids found that 9.3 percent had abused anabolic steroids before trying any other illicit drug. Of these 9.3 percent, 86 percent first used opioids to counteract insomnia and irritability resulting from the anabolic steroids.2

Anabolic steroids are used widely in the medical field without any serious health risks to users, and no scientific evidence has shown any long-term serious health defects from correct use of anabolic steroids. While risk of death is present in many drugs, the risk of premature death from use of anabolic steroids seems to be extremely low(1)

One of the most common misconceptions regarding the side effects of anabolic steroids is known as ‘roid rage’. There seems to be little or no evidence such a condition actually exists. Most studies done on "angry behavior" and anabolic steroid use show no psychological effect, implying that either "roid rage" doesn't exist or that anabolic steroids' effects on aggression are too small to be measured. Many scientists and medical professionals conclude anabolic steroids have no real effect on increased aggressive behavior.(4, 5, 6, )

With the suicide rate this high among teenagers, concluding anabolic steroids are responsible for the suicides of teenagers who happened to be taking them prior to committing suicide is a post hoc logical fallacy. Also, even though teen bodybuilders have been using steroids since at least the early 1960s, only a few cases suggesting a link between steroids and suicide have been reported in the medical literature (7, 8)

1, The National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.
2. The National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.
3. The New England Journal of Medicine
4. Archives of General Psychiatry
5. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
6. National Center for Biotechnology Information.
7. Jack Darkes PhD Department of Psychology University of South Florida steroids
8. National Institute of Mental Health

Note: all studies listed above were done with amounts of AAS that are considered above HRT purposes. In other words, the amounts used in studies were what are typically reserved for performance enhancing purposes.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
There is no proof of this and I challenge you to show it to me. Oral AAS can increase liver enzymes but not even to the level of what they would be if one were a heavy drinker. Injectable AAS does not have this effect

Bullshit, there is no proof of this anywhere. There is not one case where any cancer has been linked to steroids. Some may say that someone who contracted cancer got it because of AAS use, but there is no medical proof.
They can decrease HDL, lowering LDL is very rare. Fluid retention and High BP...depends on the AAS in question...this isn't the case with all of them at all. Jaundice, no, not because of AAS, more likely caused by items such as Nubain or diuretic abuse, not AAS

Acne, yes for some people. Shower daily and often such as more then 1x per day and this shouldn't be a problem. trembling, no, with items such as Clen yes, but that is not an AAS. Kidney tumors, see above.
Baldness is genetic. If you're predisposed to it then AAS may speed up the process...but you were going to go bald anyway. The testicles do shrink but it's not permanent and I don't care how long you stay on. Infertility, bullshit...if this were the case there wouldn't be so many BB's with kids.

Only if they use lots of Androgens. Things such as primo, anavar and low doses of winny are safe for women

Only if they share a needle with someone who already has HIV. Otherwise, using a clean pin for you and you only is harmless.

Anabolic steroids are used widely in the medical field without any serious health risks to users, and no scientific evidence has shown any long-term serious health defects from correct use of anabolic steroids. While risk of death is present in many drugs, the risk of premature death from use of anabolic steroids seems to be extremely low(1)

One of the most common misconceptions regarding the side effects of anabolic steroids is known as ‘roid rage’. There seems to be little or no evidence such a condition actually exists. Most studies done on "angry behavior" and anabolic steroid use show no psychological effect, implying that either "roid rage" doesn't exist or that anabolic steroids' effects on aggression are too small to be measured. Many scientists and medical professionals conclude anabolic steroids have no real effect on increased aggressive behavior.(4, 5, 6, )

With the suicide rate this high among teenagers, concluding anabolic steroids are responsible for the suicides of teenagers who happened to be taking them prior to committing suicide is a post hoc logical fallacy. Also, even though teen bodybuilders have been using steroids since at least the early 1960s, only a few cases suggesting a link between steroids and suicide have been reported in the medical literature (7, 8)

7. Jack Darkes PhD Department of Psychology University of South Florida steroids

Note: all studies listed above were done with amounts of AAS that are considered above HRT purposes. In other words, the amounts used in studies were what are typically reserved for performance enhancing purposes.

So using Steroids is ok?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
Nice meltdown Arnold jr...... :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
You don't think drugs such as Anadrol can cause liver tumors (peliosis hepatitis)?

I agree that it's rare but I also think it's a possible consequence. Same with jaundice, it's certainly happened.

I don't know why you would say all these sides mentioned never happen. It's the same as an anti-steroid person saying steroids will kill you.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 11:13:46 PM »
Steroids aren't bad for you.  If taken the "right" way, they can actually benefit your heart.  Just get your blood work done on a regular basis, and you'll be fine. ;) ;D
My favorite, "I get my blood work done all the time."  Epic rationalization for heavy drug use.  By the time you find something is wrong, it will be too late most likely.  Most drugged up bodybuilders are very dumb individuals who find ways of rationalizing irrational behavior.  I'm still waiting to come across someone who just says, "Yes, I take many drugs and simply don't give a shit."  Tell me that, I can at least respect the honesty.  Nothing worse than lying to yourself on the subject. 
N

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 11:35:30 PM »
Steroids aren't bad for you.  If taken the "right" way, they can actually benefit your heart.  Just get your blood work done on a regular basis, and you'll be fine. ;) ;D
My favorite, "I get my blood work done all the time."  Epic rationalization for heavy drug use.  By the time you find something is wrong, it will be too late most likely.  Most drugged up bodybuilders are very dumb individuals who find ways of rationalizing irrational behavior.  I'm still waiting to come across someone who just says, "Yes, I take many drugs and simply don't give a shit."  Tell me that, I can at least respect the honesty.  Nothing worse than lying to yourself on the subject. 

Nice Post Croatch :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »
I hate you but there's a lot of truth in this post  :D

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 03:26:20 AM »

Thankyou, Stark get over it >:(
Arnold For President 2012.2016

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 04:29:23 AM »
Most drugged up bodybuilders are very dumb individuals who find ways of rationalizing irrational behavior. 

Bullshit......er.....act ually:

O

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 04:37:01 AM »
Bullshit......er.....actually:

Dumber and Dumber.

One has Kidneys that are blown out the other has runway lights up to his colon in jail.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 04:58:09 AM »
Dumber and Dumber.

One has Kidneys that are blown out the other has runway lights up to his colon in jail.

Yeah it's all fun an games until somebody burns his mistress in a Jaguar.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »
Yeah it's all fun an games until somebody burns his mistress in a Jaguar.
I could not get over his stupidity, just bury the whore deep in the desert and wait a few days and report the girl missing.

No reason to burn a nice car such as a jag.Dumb and Dumber.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 05:21:59 AM »
Nice meltdown Arnold jr...... :)

::)

...meltdown? I guess speaking clearly & making a point is a bad thing eh?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »
You don't think drugs such as Anadrol can cause liver tumors (peliosis hepatitis)?

I agree that it's rare but I also think it's a possible consequence. Same with jaundice, it's certainly happened.

I don't know why you would say all these sides mentioned never happen. It's the same as an anti-steroid person saying steroids will kill you.
You're right, there are side effects to using AAS...there can be bad ones if you get out of control with it. However, that does not mean that every side effect Stark listed is real or even a possibility.

As for Anadrol causing a tumor in the liver? Absolutely not, how could it? Why would a slight increase in liver enzymes...and when I say slight I'm saying less then one would get with daily ibuprofen use...cause a tumor? Any oral pill you take is going to pass through the liver, any thing steroid or not, it passes through the liver and can raise enzymes, cause liver stress.

Well by your rationalization, getting blood work or any check up done would always be pointless. After all, AAS user or not, once you find something wrong it's too late...so why bother.

OK, so I hope this helps:

Can steroids cause problems? Yes
Can they be dangerous? Yes
Are there negative side effects? Yes
Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Matter of opinion
In my opinion, yes, it is worth the risk...it's a calculated risk IMO or at least it should be for most people. A lot of people walk into it blindly and pay for it. Maybe one day I'll pay for this, if I do then so be it, it will be on me and no one else.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

As for Anadrol causing a tumor in the liver? Absolutely not, how could it? Why would a slight increase in liver enzymes...and when I say slight I'm saying less then one would get with daily ibuprofen use...cause a tumor? Any oral pill you take is going to pass through the liver, any thing steroid or not, it passes through the liver and can raise enzymes, cause liver stress.
Wow, I can't believe this. You are grouping all "pills" into one group and saying they all cause the same type of liver stress. There are lots of "pills" and even drugs that cause no liver "stress" at all. There are different types of liver insult and through different mechanisms. I have heard this same argument from guys who wont take caffeine tablets, opting to drink coffee instead, since "tablets have to be broken down by the liver"  ::)  :D

I have yet to see one steroid expert say liver tumors from oral steroids isn't a real phenomenon, rare as it may be.

The Coach

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »
I hate you but there's a lot of truth in this post  :D

HRT anyone 8)

w_llewellyn

• Getbig II
  • X-Factor
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 04:15:55 AM »
Br J Sports Med. 2008 Jan;42(1):74-5; discussion 75.
Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with recreational anabolic steroid use.

Gorayski P, Thompson CH, Subhash HS, Thomas AC.
Peter Gorayski, Department of General Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park, SA, Australia. peter.gorayski@gmail.com

A 35-year-old male bodybuilder was found to have a hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) arising in a pre-existing hepatic adenoma following recreational anabolic steroid use. Given the widespread use of recreational anabolic steroids, another potentially life-threatening complication is highlighted in addition to the more commonly recognised hepatic adenoma. Malignant transformation to HCC from a pre-existing hepatic adenoma confirmed by immunohistochemical study has previously not been reported in athletes taking anabolic steroids. Further studies using screening programmes to identify high-risk individuals are recommended.
PMID: 18178686 [PubMed - in process]

It is rare but it does happen. Additionally, other serious issues with liver damage/stress such as peliosis hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, hepatic angiosarcoma, and hepatic adenoma do still occur, and with more frequency than malignant liver tumors. Admittedly life threatening liver stress occurs with very low frequency in healthy athletes using AAS, but to say that oral anabolic steroids cannot cause these conditions is untrue.

X-Factor: Most Potent Natural Anabolic

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 04:27:42 AM »
Br J Sports Med. 2008 Jan;42(1):74-5; discussion 75.
It is rare but it does happen. Additionally, other serious issues with liver damage/stress such as peliosis hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, hepatic angiosarcoma, and hepatic adenoma do still occur, and with more frequency than malignant liver tumors. Admittedly life threatening liver stress occurs with very low frequency in healthy athletes using AAS, but to say that oral anabolic steroids cannot cause these conditions is untrue.

Thanks Bill

Very rare but can happen

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16710
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22703

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 05:58:23 AM »
Health Hazards

The major side effects from abusing anabolic steroids can include liver tumors and cancer, jaundice (yellowish pigmentation of skin, tissues, and body fluids), fluid retention, high blood pressure, increases in LDL (bad cholesterol), and decreases in HDL (good cholesterol). Other side effects include kidney tumors, severe acne, and trembling. In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:

* For men - shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.
    * For women - growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.
    * For adolescents - growth halted prematurely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. This means that adolescents risk remaining short for the remainder of their lives if they take anabolic steroids before the typical adolescent growth spurt.

In addition, people who inject anabolic steroids run the added risk of contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver.

Scientific research also shows that aggression and other psychiatric side effects may result from abuse of anabolic steroids. Many users report feeling good about themselves while on anabolic steroids, but researchers report that extreme mood swings also can occur, including manic-like symptoms leading to violence. Depression often is seen when the drugs are stopped and may contribute to dependence on anabolic steroids. Researchers report also that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.1

Research also indicates that some users might turn to other drugs to alleviate some of the negative effects of anabolic steroids. For example, a study of 227 men admitted in 1999 to a private treatment center for dependence on heroin or other opioids found that 9.3 percent had abused anabolic steroids before trying any other illicit drug. Of these 9.3 percent, 86 percent first used opioids to counteract insomnia and irritability resulting from the anabolic steroids.2
Another idiot remark made by someone who knows fuck all.  ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »
Thanks Bill

Very rare but can happen

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16710
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22703

Another case on promuscle
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33234

How to begin my horror story??It all started 3 weeks ago when a liver lesion was found on my liver during a ct scan.It was found by a ct scan and an mri.The Dr. told me it was nothing to worry about and I was fine because my bloodwork was perfect.So trusting the Dr. I started my contest prep full force ready to win another show and bring that trophy home.Well after 3 weeks I woke up one Sunday morning feeling great getting ready for church and was playing with my wife pulling her bathrobe up and spanking her on the butt and telling her what I wanted to do to her.
I was shaving and all of a sudden I got a very sharp pain in my stomach /side area.I thought it was stomach cramps from the clen or lack of sodium from my diet so I played it off.After about 10 minutes I had to lay in the bed.My wife went on to church because we thought it wasnt a big deal.Well after about 30 minutes the pain was so bad I was puking my guts out.My wife gets home in about an hour and by this time I cant even stand im on my hands and knees crying like a baby begging for her to dress me so when we can go to the ER.
We arrive at the ER and im still in the most pain I have ever had in my life.They take me straight back and do a ct scan on me.The spot on my liver is now double the size it was and is bleeding and that is where my pain is coming from.The spot is actually inside my liver and it is causing my liver to stretch and that’s what is causing my extreme pain.They give me several shots of morphine which does nothing for me.The pain now has went to my arm and neck.The Dr. said I would feel pain on my whole right side and he was right I felt as if I were dying and actually thought I was.They start the prep for surgery and call a surgeon but once the surgeon arrives she decides to hold off because of the bleeding and she wants to speak with a liver surgeon.So I get admitted to the hospital and they put me on pain pump and some type of pain med that is stronger then morphine and it eases the pain somewhat and makes it bearable.I would spend the next 3 days in the hospital getting bloodwork and test after test and having them keep a constant eye on me.I was in really bad shape.The liver surgeon came too see me on the second day of my stay and advised me I will need surgery to remove the Liver Adenoma because it was bleeding.He said he did not think it was cancer but it needed to be removed.I don’t know if you all know Baldnazi from prom but this is the same thing he had just not as bad.All I could think about is how I done this to myself.All the times I abused and thought I was immortal.I admit my cycles lately have been normal but look at all the abuse I have put myself through.I cant say for sure it was the aas but Im sure they didn’t help any.I mean these only usually occur In women who take birth control or men who take aas.So I do blalme myself and I have cried for the past 2 days blaming myself.I put bbing before God and my wife and family.I feel so horrible right now that I let myself do this.I could have took my life and for what some bbing trophys that aren’t even real gold.In fact who says I will make it through surgery im still not in the clear as of right now.I cant say for sure it was the aas but like I said im pretty damn sure it didn’t help any and since the same thing happened to baldnazi and his Dr said the same thing Im sure it was the tren and hard things I abused.I don’t think the test did it or the milder things like eq but I have done some wreckless cycles.All I can say is guys/gals put your health first being big isn’t everything in life.You can be big just taking small amounts of test .Im still taking my 200mg of test a week because the Dr said that wouldn’t hurt anything and would keep my muscle on me.You people don’t need 2-5g of roids a week.You don’t know what you are doing to yourself.I know some of you are going to read this and shrug it off I did Baldnazis post back when it happened to him.It can happen your not immortal no matter how much you think you are belive me on that.Im not saying I will never juice again like I said im still on hrt test and I think moderate is fine but I have seen most peoples cycles a gram of this and that is not needed and is not worth it.Im 25 years old and im having liver surgery people don’t let it happen to you.I have learned the hard way!!!!

I want to add BN called me tonight and what a great guy he is.He really picked me up when I was down.Made me feel better about this whole thing and showed me I can recover and move on past this!!Thank you so much bro!!