Author Topic: NFL COMBINE RESULTS for all those sub 4.4 Bodybuilders!  (Read 12109 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: NFL COMBINE RESULTS for all those sub 4.4 Bodybuilders!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »
Maybe this might put things in a little prospective for you. I meet with Joe DeFranco at least twice per year back east to brainstorm on training protocols, check out one of his guys

&index=6
Are you kidding?

1. That's not a vertical leap.

2. That kid looks like he weighs 180 lbs soaking wet, and I still doubt he has a great vert.

3. The Romanian tennis player dude that posts here posted a vid of him jumping higher than that, so I don't know why you think this is impressive.

4. Just accept that Vernon Gholston is a beast and move on, instead of making ridiculous comments like 35.5 in sucks.  35.5 in is decent for any position, and off the charts for a DE/LB.

The Coach

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 12:31:29 AM »
Ok dude, whatever!

God, sometimes I wonder why I even bother!!

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 05:55:58 AM »
225 is great (but doesn't mean anything exept an ego boost)
4.67 is so so
35.5 vert sucks shows lack of explosivness
10.5 not so great...again, shows lack of explosivness
Shuttle should have been around 3.8-9
   ::)  sorry man, but your totally wrong.

The Coach

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »
   ::)  sorry man, but your totally wrong.

Care to elaborate?

body88

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2008, 06:43:33 AM »
Chris Long is going to be a monster at the next level. Explosive with a high moter.

Anyone who says Gholstons combine stats are not impressive is on crack imo. The guy has every single tool to to be an elephant lb in the 3/4. Watching him in the lb drills was impressive. His whole combine was impressive.

Gholston beat on Jake Long when OSU played Mich. The kid is going to be a stud at the next level.

The Coach

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
Chris Long is going to be a monster at the next level. Explosive with a high moter.

Anyone who says Gholstons combine stats are not impressive is on crack imo. The guy has every single tool to to be an elephant lb in the 3/4. Watching him in the lb drills was impressive. His whole combine was impressive.

Gholston beat on Jake Long when OSU played Mich. The kid is going to be a stud at the next level.

Not saying he won't be good, he will. But lets take his shuttle time and compare......

&index=0

body88

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
Not saying he won't be good, he will. But lets take his shuttle time and compare......

&index=0

Is the kid in that video 6'4 260? I dont see much better of a elephant lb then Gholston for the 3/4. The kid really impressed most scouts at the combine. His feet are so light its kind of scary for his size.

Not to mention game speed is all that matters. Combine is overrated.

The Coach

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 06:57:08 AM »

Is the kid in that video 6'4 260? I dont see much better of a elephant lb then Gholston for the 3/4. The kid really impressed most scouts at the combine. His feet are so light its kind of scary for his size.

Not to mention game speed is all that matters. Combine is overrated.

Yes,I agree that the combine is overrated. IMO, it's a showcase for entertainment.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »
Care to elaborate?
If a 35.5 vert sucks then why is it the most by any DL at the combine? if a 10.5 broad is not so great then why is it better than every DL this year and last year? A 4.67 40 is elite for a DE. 3.8 to 3.9 for the shuttle?  The top shuttle at the combine was 3.96 done by a 188 pound reciever.  You'll never see a guy 260 pounds do under a 4 second shuttle.

body88

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 07:12:24 AM »
If a 35.5 vert sucks then why is it the most by any DL at the combine? if a 10.5 broad is not so great then why is it better than every DL this year and last year? A 4.67 40 is elite for a DE. 3.8 to 3.9 for the shuttle?  The top shuttle at the combine was 3.96 done by a 188 pound reciever.  You'll never see a guy 260 pounds do under a 4 second shuttle.

Gholstons stats don't suck at all. Infact they are elite. I think Coach may not have realized Gholston is 6'4 260. The kid is a very rare player. He looks to have all the tools to be a Elephant lb in the 3/4.

Chris Long has been talked about as the first pick by many. I think long kicked ass at the combine. Gholston had a better 40 and bench then Long. I think Long will be awesome in the nfl. I also think Gholston will be a beast at the next level. Long's moter is redic. He defeats double teams like its nothing.

The most impressive  people have been J Long , C long, V Gholston and Chris Johnson.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 07:19:53 AM »
Gholstons stats don't suck at all. Infact they are elite. I think Coach may not have realized Gholston is 6'4 260. The kid is a very rare player. He looks to have all the tools to be a Elephant lb in the 3/4.

Chris Long has been talked about as the first pick by many. I think long kicked ass at the combine. Gholston had a better 40 and bench then Long. I think Long will be awesome in the nfl. I also think Gholston will be a beast at the next level. Long's moter is redic. He defeats double teams like its nothing.

The most impressive  people have been J Long , C long, V Gholston and Chris Johnson.
Long has been really impressive. The combine is overrated, but guys like long and gholston have the game tape to back it up also.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 07:51:11 AM »
4.67 is so so
hahahahahaha, oh brother, you need to lay off the pipe.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »

That guy is a beast..

How the hell can he not be busted going to the buffet?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
Damn, didn't know McFadden pulled a 4.33. With his size, that is beastly.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »
i'm hoping he'll go #2 because our sorry ass Rams are picking there, i'd take him even though we've already got Steven Jackson, i'd rather have Rashard Mendenhall than McFadden though.

body88

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »
Long has been really impressive. The combine is overrated, but guys like long and gholston have the game tape to back it up also.

I agree. I think Long could go number one to Miami. Parcels loves him. Gholston will be coveted by the 3/4 teams. Elephant lb's are few and far between. When I saw Gholston lighting up Jake Long that proved to me he can bang with the big boys. J Long is going to be a great player also.

body88

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:34 AM »

Did you see Chris Johnson from e carolina run a 4.23? I think J stewart from Oregon is going to be a monster. He was  a beast in the best college conference and he also tore up the combine.

I think he is better then Mendenhall. Just my .2.

body88

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »
i'm hoping he'll go #2 because our sorry ass Rams are picking there, i'd take him even though we've already got Steven Jackson, i'd rather have Rashard Mendenhall than McFadden though.

Keep an eye on J Stewart from Oregon. Total beast.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
4.6-7 is about average for high school football. It isn't exacty NFL speed, college for that matter.

WTF...And you actually train athletes...What fcuking world do you live in where the average for high school football players is a 4.6?

You just can't help yourself with the B.S. you spew...4.6 isn't even the average for a pro football player...Add up everyone's average that was at the combine and tells us what you get :-\

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
4.67 is so so

hahaha do you understand anything about positions and the timing for each one? It's like you expect EVERY single player to be running 4.2, jumping 50 inches and running a shuttle in 3 seconds flat.  Oh yeah there is this thing called muscle and size, it tends to vary from position to position, so not every player is a 188lb receiver. 
Abandon every hope...

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »
4.67 is so so

I'm sorry to report this, but you're a fucking moron. 
It's embarrassing to anyone that's ever called themselves a coach to see you post.  You're clearly the least knowledgeable person on earth when it comes to NFL combine stats. 
You just said that the most impressive DL combine this year (and in most years) is nothing. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »
4.67 is so so

I know this is such a joke that he is even being considered to play pro sports.
Its a shame with such lousy numbers the NFL will quote these stats about what a great "athlete" he is. HAHAHAHA Imagine if the scouting combine unearthed real athletic people as opposed to these run of the mill joes. Ohio State needs to recruit your kids. At least this guy can tackle, otherwise he'd never even have a prayer.......

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
No, not really, I have plyo boxes that are 36" and high schoolers do everyday me included, it isn't that big a deal dude. You can't expect a linebacker to have a huge vert.

With these abilities I'm sure you can still dunk at 45, right?

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2008, 06:27:55 PM »
Here are the result of the TRUE ATHLETIC FREAKS.....

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1164&CID=779093

Gholston seems to be the man.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »

You're joking, right?

The Rams MUST take Jake Long, just like the Rams needed to get Pace in 99.
Team Yates