Author Topic: Unless your rich why...  (Read 2723 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Unless your rich why...
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 12:50:02 PM »
Let's be real about something....the vast majority of us on Getbig aren't "bodybuilding".   We're liftin fvckin weights as a hobby...that's it.  Some use gear and some don't.  Some choose to oil up, put on their man panties and get on stage and flex it out with other men.   I used to live and breathe all things bb....mags, training, diet, blah, blah, blah....now I lift weights as regularly as I can for fun.   I eat clean for the most part, but don't stick to eating every 2-3 hours everyday while drinking 4 gallons of water and trying every supplement on the market.   This site gets to people and they actually believe the bullshit people spew out on here.  The majority of people on here are casual lifters that lie about themselves 24/7.   If I can go extended periods and train very regularly then great.  If I can sustain a quality diet for a long time then great.  Although, I never forget that I'm not gettin on some damn bb stage and I'm not a pro bb....I'm just a regular guy.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »
when Tom Platz moved to venice in the seventies he said he lived in his car, didn;t have money for his next can of tuna , but he had a workout scheduled with Arnold the next morning so he was in heaven.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »
it's not that expensive.  you dont need supplements.  you don't need

You train 1 hour a day, 5 days a week.
That means you have to miss American idol sometimes, sure.

meal prep time (if you cook for the day at once) takes same amount of time as if you ate 3 junk meals each day.

Some people spend a lot of time on the boards, that'll drain the clock for sure.
exactly.

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
It's pretty easy to understand why a lot of us as non-professional bodybuilders/bodybuilding fans would like to work out. It's fun, it makes you look better, it makes you feel better etc. For myself, I was overweight and getting into lifting weights and eating good helped me to lose a shitload of weight.

For professionals or aspiring pro's, the answer is probably a lot more complex. I guess most of them probably just slowly get immersed in the lifestyle, first entering one small show as a personal challenge, then slowly getting more and more involved in the lifestyle and spending more and more money on drugs.

But if they enjoy it and it makes them happy, more power to them.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »
if you're a non competitor and you're spending shitloads of money on supplements and eating 7 times a day you're a jackass, you can gain just as well on 4 bigger meals a day and no supplements, you're not gonna be competing so who gives a shit.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
most of us come here cause we get caught up in trying to 'getbig' ...then many like MOS (and I have to say myself) learn about BB and become disenchanted with it, to a degree of loathing. The g4p, fake supplements, crooked contest, ect...
L

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »
most of us come here cause we get caught up in trying to 'getbig' ...then many like MOS (and I have to say myself) learn about BB and become disenchanted with it, to a degree of loathing. The g4p, fake supplements, crooked contest, ect...

Exactly

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
if by bodybuilding, you mean posing in little trunks, i doubt most people here would by classified as bodybuilders....
A

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 02:19:42 PM »
To keep the IFBB rich and make sure the promoters make a heap of money, Grand Prix = 10k now that is some serious cash and don't forget 5th place 1k now that makes it worth it. ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
when Tom Platz moved to venice in the seventies he said he lived in his car, didn;t have money for his next can of tuna , but he had a workout scheduled with Arnold the next morning so he was in heaven.

It's one thing to live like that in your early 20s (Platz was born in 1955), but as you get older, living hand to mouth doesn't quite have the same appeal.

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »
the point of lifting weights is, to lift weights.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
To "Cheat" life because I can't beat death 8) 8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »

Tom Platz is crazier than Johnny Falcon.   And believe you me, that's a level of crazy few ever reach.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »
It's one thing to live like that in your early 20s (Platz was born in 1955), but as you get older, living hand to mouth doesn't quite have the same appeal.

Word.

I know that I lived similar to that up until 4 years ago...hand in mouth pretty much. Then I scored my current gig, and I'm making nearly 5x as much....happier than a pig in shit.
But I can't ever see me living like that again unless something dire happens. :-\