Author Topic: Bob Cicherillo 2002 BFTO Pics  (Read 17488 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Bob Cicherillo 2002 BFTO Pics
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »
I never bitched about placings too much, but this one was a joke....

so much for your top 6 prediction in BFTO 2002

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Bob has bagged my photos so I am entitled to comment on his physique.

He is one of those guys with unusual shape. Just above the knees and elbows there is not much mass. Look at the way he turns his wrist to make his biceps look longer. Judges notice those things. His thighs look like turnips. Calves are cut but look weird and not much front and back. Unusual ab structure, too. That is why he placed out of the money. A big bodybuilder who looks great in the gym and walking around.

Vince I am not trying to be a shit head here but what year did you compete in the Olympia ?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »
I didn't know enough about training to get to the Olympia level. Neither was I willing to take drug regimens that might have compensated for the lack of training knowledge.

The last guy to have Bob's turnip legs was Reg Lewis way back in the 1960s.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »
I didn't know enough about training to get to the Olympia level. Neither was I willing to take drug regimens that might have compensated for the lack of training knowledge.

The last guy to have Bob's turnip legs was Reg Lewis way back in the 1960s.

Bob's legs do not look like everyone else's but I think they look good

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
It is interesting that Bob is getting special consideration here from the Getbiggers. So he should because he has size beyond what most could ever build. It must be tough to reach his level and know you will never be a big winner. Sometimes we get handed a poor hand re competition and those who get near the top don't always keep winning. If you have a peculiar structure then you can't expect to win no matter how skillfully you try to cover those flaws.

I think I had a good shape but nowhere near the size of Bob. There is no way I would risk my health for a trophy and title. Experimenting with 2 Dianabol a day for a couple of months was about as reckless as I got. There is no guarantee that I would have been bigger if I used more gear. Had I gone to live in California instead of Sydney in 1971 who knows what I might have achieved.

One week out from the 1975 Mr Australia contest where I placed last in my class thanks to Paul Graham and Arnold putting me last.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
so much for your top 6 prediction in BFTO 2002

Bob was aspiring to be in the top six, but that was better than King, who outright said that he would "crack that top six."  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
Those of us who never got those huge arms have no idea what the possessors must feel when they look at themselves in the mirror and see what most just dream about. I wonder how objective many are when assessing themselves? I give credit to anyone who has been huge. Many here believe it is mainly drugs but if that were so there would be countless thousands of huge guys around and that is just not so. It is still quite rare for anyone to build a cold 19 inch plus arm if he is 5-10 or shorter and in competition condition.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
In all fairness, "ALL DRUGS" means that for those who do get to Bob's size, it could not be attained without drugs.  I don't think everyone who says that thinks that they can get that size with drugs, merely that no pro could get to anything close to that size without them.  At Bob's height, I could see him being up to maybe 220 in contest shape with no drugs, which is still damn big, but not close to what he achieved.  Of course drugs are a significant aid and I don't think any bodybuilder denies that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »
There are so many unsubstantiated beliefs in bodybuilding. The stuff people believe about drugs is unreasonable. How would most know anything at all about those drugs? It is all hearsay and anecdotal experience. There is nothing in the scientific literature that informs us of modern anabolic stacking, etc.

What bothers me is that almost everyone has abandoned the quest for natural training methods. As soon as most guys reach sticking points they reach for shortcuts. Today those shortcuts are beyond crazy because much of what is used is untested and dangerous. It really is sad to see what bodybuilding has become. Who out there is proud to be called a bodybuilder? Maybe a few natural guys.

I dislike the way this forum resembles the creationist believers. Eventually so many believe the same things that most assume it must be true. Surely, believing something doesn't make it true.

I believe it is possible to get huge without drugs or supplements.

There were many champs who got quite big without bodybuilding drugs. We can go back to pre 1956 to see that. Imagine, then if guys like that had access to modern gyms and science? Who knows what is possible re hypertrophy and really extreme training?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »
It is interesting that Bob is getting special consideration here from the Getbiggers. So he should because he has size beyond what most could ever build. It must be tough to reach his level and know you will never be a big winner. Sometimes we get handed a poor hand re competition and those who get near the top don't always keep winning. If you have a peculiar structure then you can't expect to win no matter how skillfully you try to cover those flaws.

I think I had a good shape but nowhere near the size of Bob. There is no way I would risk my health for a trophy and title. Experimenting with 2 Dianabol a day for a couple of months was about as reckless as I got. There is no guarantee that I would have been bigger if I used more gear. Had I gone to live in California instead of Sydney in 1971 who knows what I might have achieved.

One week out from the 1975 Mr Australia contest where I placed last in my class thanks to Paul Graham and Arnold putting me last.

I always give credit where it is due . Vince you look very good in that pic.Very nice shape.
I was not trying to bust your balls earlier.  People don't give Chick enough credit.  He is a very big guy. I personally think he has a nice physique.  and about the whole drug thing, I understand that. But I would bet good money that Bob is not taking anything now.  I met him at the Europa and he was still very big.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »
Those of us who never got those huge arms have no idea what the possessors must feel when they look at themselves in the mirror and see what most just dream about. I wonder how objective many are when assessing themselves? I give credit to anyone who has been huge. Many here believe it is mainly drugs but if that were so there would be countless thousands of huge guys around and that is just not so. It is still quite rare for anyone to build a cold 19 inch plus arm if he is 5-10 or shorter and in competition condition.

friend,,are you for real? im more amazed with everytime i read you ,,you had decent physiqe for a copetitor ,,,not even close to any mr canada ,,in todays world you wouldnt place top 3 in local city competition ,,,you sit here and talk abotu true 19 inch arms? every one can have it ,,,YOU NEED HORMONES AND SEO ,,,SEO AND HORMONES,,,MANY PROFESSIONALS GET THERE WITH ONLY AAS BUT WE HAVE BETTER RESPOND,,THE OTHERS USE SEO AND OTHER WAYS TO GET TO 19-20 INCH AND ACHIEVE IT AND PLENTY OF LIFTERS ARE VERY BIG TODAY ,,220LB + ON 5'10 OR UNDER CAN AND IS BIG AN DHUGE FOR MAJORITY OF PUBLIC,,250LB SAME HEIGHT OR OVER CONSIDERED HUGe NAD IS ACHIEVED WITH THE HELP OF GH AND INSULIN ,,THAT IS IT PERIOD,,

now to tell the bobbie only had arms? are you fuckin out of you mind? have you taked a look at his torse?? his arms are his WEAK PART,,everything on that fella was developed from peca to delts to back to tight waist flat abdomen ,,legs were very big and shape was good,,he was sliced and diced plenty of time,,he had very good condition plenty of times,,had contacts and was on magazines more times then you have fingers to count,,

i swear vince you are out of your mind and im not kidding,,his phyqie was COMPLETE AND VERY SIMILAR TO 80S!! HE DID NTO ABUSE AS MUCH AS THE FELLAS NOW DAYS,,THIS IS ONE THING THAT GOES FOR HIM,,if 80s criteria stil applied in 2000 he would make top 3 every single competition he entered

sadly bodybuilding is no more mike mentzer like or lee haney like or even bobbie chick like,,,those are oldies and he succeeded in getting himself into that group of oldioes but goodies by determination,,you will see that at the end his physiqe will be more remembered than many of us in the 90s and 2000s

there is no replacement for the 70s and 80s physiqes and he was part of it,,hes not that young..
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »
ill go even this far to say that he would be second to only lee haney maybe even win against him if he competed in the 80s o in the way he was when getting his pro card and beggingin of 2000s,,he was just 10 years too late for the right time for him to be top 3 in the sport,,bodybuilding has a lot to do with timing
fallen angel

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »
friend,,are you for real? im more amazed with everytime i read you ,,you had decent physiqe for a copetitor ,,,not even close to any mr canada ,,in todays world you wouldnt place top 3 in local city competition ,,,you sit here and talk abotu true 19 inch arms? every one can have it ,,,YOU NEED HORMONES AND SEO ,,,SEO AND HORMONES,,,MANY PROFESSIONALS GET THERE WITH ONLY AAS BUT WE HAVE BETTER RESPOND,,THE OTHERS USE SEO AND OTHER WAYS TO GET TO 19-20 INCH AND ACHIEVE IT AND PLENTY OF LIFTERS ARE VERY BIG TODAY ,,220LB + ON 5'10 OR UNDER CAN AND IS BIG AN DHUGE FOR MAJORITY OF PUBLIC,,250LB SAME HEIGHT OR OVER CONSIDERED HUGe NAD IS ACHIEVED WITH THE HELP OF GH AND INSULIN ,,THAT IS IT PERIOD,,

now to tell the bobbie only had arms? are you fuckin out of you mind? have you taked a look at his torse?? his arms are his WEAK PART,,everything on that fella was developed from peca to delts to back to tight waist flat abdomen ,,legs were very big and shape was good,,he was sliced and diced plenty of time,,he had very good condition plenty of times,,had contacts and was on magazines more times then you have fingers to count,,

i swear vince you are out of your mind and im not kidding,,his phyqie was COMPLETE AND VERY SIMILAR TO 80S!! HE DID NTO ABUSE AS MUCH AS THE FELLAS NOW DAYS,,THIS IS ONE THING THAT GOES FOR HIM,,if 80s criteria stil applied in 2000 he would make top 3 every single competition he entered

sadly bodybuilding is no more mike mentzer like or lee haney like or even bobbie chick like,,,those are oldies and he succeeded in getting himself into that group of oldioes but goodies by determination,,you will see that at the end his physiqe will be more remembered than many of us in the 90s and 2000s

there is no replacement for the 70s and 80s physiqes and he was part of it,,hes not that young..

Hi Bob.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2008, 07:37:22 AM »

hahahahaha, i can't believe you're actually trying to compare your body to Bob Chicherillo's, what the fucck are you smoking?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2008, 07:42:23 AM »
ummm Vince both of your legs combined aren't as big as one of Bob's. Mr. Saskatoon 1745 isn't comparable to the Olympia(where he was screwed).

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2008, 07:44:27 AM »
ummm Vince both of your legs combined aren't as big as one of Bob's. Mr. Saskatoon 1745 isn't comparable to the Olympia(where he was screwed).
hahahhaa, this clown rips on Goodrum all the time but he's at least as delusional as Vince.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »

Maybe you got last because you are small?  :-\

Even for 1975 standards.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »
2002 Mr. Olympia Results And Scorecard

Place Name Country 1 2 3 4 Pnts

1 Ronnie Coleman USA 5 5 11 8 29
2 Kevin Levrone USA 15 11 5 7 38
3 Chris Cormier USA 10 14 18 17 59
4 Dexter Jackson USA 22 20 25 26 93
5 Gunter Schlierkamp Germany 51 28 17 17 113
6 Lee Priest Australia 42 29 28 28 127
7 Flex Wheeler USA 23 41 45  109
8 Markus Ruhl Germany 43 37 36  116
9 Orville Burke USA 37 37 55  129
10 Dennis James USA 37 50 44  131
11 Craig Titus USA 54 57 54  165
12 Art Atwood USA 64 64 58  186
13 Ahmad Haider Lebanon 68 69 65  202
14 Ernie Taylor England 75 63 69  207
15 Nasser El Sonbaty Yugoslavia 71 78 73  222
16 Darrem Charles Trinidad 80 76 80  236
17 King Kamali USA 69 91 80  240
18 Bob Cicherillo USA 94 86 80  260
19 George Farah USA 97 98 80  275
20 Francisco 'Paco' Bautista Spain 99 99 80  278
21 Claude Groulx Canada 101 102 80  283
22 Tommi Thorvildsen Norway 114 109 80  303
23 Jaroslav Horvath Slovakia 113 116 80  309
24 Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 116 117 80  313
25 Don Youngblood USA 122 124 80  326

Good God, look at that line up!

Yeah, Bob looked great but when Flex Wheeler gets 7th, that is a tough show.

Gastavo, 2nd to last...wow...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »
02 was the year Flex was claiming to be "natural" and showed up small and soft.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
Gastavo, 2nd to last...wow...

He was nothing special back then.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
He was nothing special back then.

Is he something special now?
He is just a filler until some new blood comes in, he keeps droping in his placings.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »
Forgot about the "Natural Freak" Flex in 02.

And that was Gustavo pre-Milos..now it is coming back....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
Bob Chic is the epitome of...............tenacity
persistent determination

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »
I would've had Bob #10 at the 2002 O

Personally, I agree with gh15 & say that Bob was just a little too late coming into the field.

I also see where Vince says Bob has some abnormal shapes in his muscles (thighs/abs).  I believe it's entirely genetics & not an injury or anything else that makes them appear that way.  He also has wide hips/ass which throws off his aesthetics.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »
aspiring my ass,
that was his prediction , just watch the bfto 2002.

there was no way in hell he should have placed behind titus, tamali and a bunch of other 3rd tier pros

Bob was aspiring to be in the top six, but that was better than King, who outright said that he would "crack that top six."  ;D