Author Topic: Lateral tricep head  (Read 8748 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Lateral tricep head
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:44 AM »
DB pullover and press for triceps. On the press part, keep the elbows close to the body using a hammer grip throughout. Can use a BB, but for some there is too much pressure on the wrist/forearms and elbows. In any case, choose whatever is best for you.

Those tiger dips (push-offs or push-backs is another name we use for them) offered by SF are excellent for a complete tricep development. You can adjust the resistance, either making it easy or extremely hard. Slight shifts in body position can do that. Also a great stretch when you try touching the back of the neck each rep.  Use a bar, table, chair, wall or whatever. Try keeping the elbows close to the body.The lower the height you start from the more difficult it is. Great exercise to do at home. Good Luck.
F

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »
some very good suggetsions as usual by Pump and by Baby Hercules, might want to give tiger dips a try as well, kind of a tricep extension using your body as resistance, set a Smith bar at about waist height and grab it and lower yourself by bending only the forearms like doing an extension, hard movement especially if done last in the workout.

Do you keep your elbows tucked in to your sides or flared out with these?  A visual representation would be nice I couldn't find much in a google search.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »
Lateral tricep head

???

that's on the shoulder somewhere.........right ?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »
Do you keep your elbows tucked in to your sides or flared out with these?  A visual representation would be nice I couldn't find much in a google search.

You'll get those saying one or the other. Having tried both i don't think it matters.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
all i can say is what has already been said.. close grip bench and different angles + forms of elbow extensions. with close grip as well, if you're targeting the tricep, make sure you do the rep to suit the tricep, i find its the 'top' half of the concentric and eccentric rep for myself.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »
close grip bench

It does nothing for some, some love it. There are good alternatives that work similar areas as well or better depending on who you talk to-dip machine, bench dips, flared-elbow pushdowns, rope pushdowns, dips.

For close grip bench the best version can be a little bit of a bench decline and use of an EZ curl bar, or use of a smith machine that can allow angled hand positioning and a different feel than a BB would, again using a slightly declined bench. One of the old vertical leg presses can also be better IMO, for close-grips lying underneath.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:11 AM »
to be honest, i believe turning of the radio ulna doesnt affect triceps heads at all. if anything does (and i also doubt this), it's turning at the shoulder joint/rotator cuff.

bighum

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
Sorry I was looking at a picture of the tricep muscles and I thought the lateral head was the inside head.  But its my inside that is not up to par.  Right now I am not doing that much in heavy training trying to do more cardio to lose some weight.  But from before I was not able to get the inside of my tricep to grow like the outside.  So what can I do for the inside head of my tricep?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
Sorry I was looking at a picture of the tricep muscles and I thought the lateral head was the inside head.  But its my inside that is not up to par.  Right now I am not doing that much in heavy training trying to do more cardio to lose some weight.  But from before I was not able to get the inside of my tricep to grow like the outside.  So what can I do for the inside head of my tricep?

Look at another recent thread for that.