Author Topic: Is the Midwest the embodiment of American ignorance, stupidity and white trash?  (Read 11393 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I've met some NYC transplants from the midwest and they weren't bad people at all.

But then again, I'd never live anywhere in midwest except for Chicago.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Fuck y'all... I'd rather live in Ohio than Boston, London, or Paris!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Midwest blows CD, you know it, I know it. You're too good for it. Get out whilst you still can.

NYC is calling...maybe.
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
Midwest blows CD, you know it, I know it. You're too good for it. Get out whilst you still can.

NYC is calling...maybe.

Hellzzz nooo... re-read my post. No place like Ohio... driving out to the country, cheering for the Buckeyes in Ohio Stadium in the fall, drinking at the campus bars every night in the spring, big barbecue dinners, watching the Cavs, and beating M*ch*g*n...

I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V

NYC is calling...maybe.

Depends where in NYC. One moment you're in a nice neighborhood with good people, then the next block you're among hoodlums that blaze philly blunts.

Manhattan is a great place.. It's expensive, but very nice and equally famous. Long Island, and certain parts of Queens and Brooklyn are great if you can stand guidos. The Bronx is absolute garbage, and I do not even consider Staten Island a part of the city. NYC is fucking huge, and you've got to deal with rudeness, but there's a lot to do and a never ending list of new people to meet.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Depends where in NYC. One moment you're in a nice neighborhood with good people, then the next block you're among hoodlums that blaze philly blunts.

Manhattan is a great place.. It's expensive, but very nice and equally famous. Long Island, and certain parts of Queens and Brooklyn are great if you can stand guidos. The Bronx is absolute garbage, and I do not even consider Staten Island a part of the city. NYC is fucking huge, and you've got to deal with rudeness, but there's a lot to do and a never ending list of new people to meet.

I grew up in NYC, Camel Jockey and I grew up in the Bronx, in Riverdale and I tell you it was not garbage, one of the nicer areas of NYC and the wealthiest area outside of Manhattan is Fieldston, also in Riverdale, where all the old mansions of the roaring 20's still are and inhabited by rich people. Long Island is a bunch of NYCer wannabes, little better than Westerchesterians and more blue collar. Never had a taste for Queens and Brooklyn and I agree with you on Statent Island.
I hate the State.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
I grew up in NYC, Camel Jockey and I grew up in the Bronx, in Riverdale and I tell you it was not garbage, one of the nicer areas of NYC and the wealthiest area outside of Manhattan is Fieldston, also in Riverdale, where all the old mansions of the roaring 20's still are and inhabited by rich people. Long Island is a bunch of NYCer wannabes, little better than Westerchesterians and more blue collar. Never had a taste for Queens and Brooklyn and I agree with you on Statent Island.

Sorry to offend you, friend. I guess I haven't seen the whole of the Bronx, but everytime I've visited all I saw was crazy puerto ricans.. I took my niece to the Bronx Zoo and it was in such a shitty neighborhood for a such a famous zoo.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Sorry to offend you, friend. I guess I haven't seen the whole of the Bronx, but everytime I've visited all I saw was crazy puerto ricans.. I took my niece to the Bronx Zoo and it was in such a shitty neighborhood for a such a famous zoo.

Google Riverdale and Fieldston. I think you will be surprised. Or even Wikipedia.
I hate the State.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
even though i live in the Midwest i have to agree with you even though i consider myself the exception rather than the rule, not everyone in the Midwest are gun toting rednecks.

I live in the Midwest, and I agree.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
In some regards you gotta cut a lot of these people a break and place the blame where it belongs.  Many of these people in the Midwest were regular hardworking Americans, strong Union supporters.  Then industry bailed on the region for cheap overseas labor and for many communities, their whole world came crashing down.  Crime rates sored.  Everything suffered including schools and the gov didn't give a rats ass.  For those who don't like Michael Moore, understand that there would not be Michael Moore if this attack on hard working American families by the corporations and government didn't happen.  That was the birth of his disgruntlement.

Good post!!!
S

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I live in the Midwest, and I agree.

That's why you should move to the Northeast.
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V

You have no clue what you're talking about.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet

Well, you couldn't even afford a parking spot in London or Paris, so it's a no brainer  ;D

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Discuss....

Yeah, this coming from the guy who was calling Germans "Krauts" in another thread.  Idiot.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
In some regards you gotta cut a lot of these people a break and place the blame where it belongs.  Many of these people in the Midwest were regular hardworking Americans, strong Union supporters.  Then industry bailed on the region for cheap overseas labor and for many communities, their whole world came crashing down.  Crime rates sored.  Everything suffered including schools and the gov didn't give a rats ass.  For those who don't like Michael Moore, understand that there would not be Michael Moore if this attack on hard working American families by the corporations and government didn't happen.  That was the birth of his disgruntlement.

In some cases, the unions were the problem, making ridiculous demands that did not allow companies to remain competitive or to produce quality products, since management had to be more about keeping the unions happy than about keeping their customers happy.  The UAW single-handedly destroyed the American auto industry.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Yeah, this coming from the guy who was calling Germans "Krauts" in another thread.  Idiot.

Ironie verstehst Du offensichtlich nicht..... ::)
I hate the State.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
the Midwest is cheap.

Moosejay

Well, put it this way...I did some of my college in Chicago, and the folks were much friendlier than here in CT.

If you asked someone how they were in passing, they'd stop you, proceed to tell you how they were , then genuinely ask you how YOU were.

In CT, we just walk past each other without eye contact.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
The 5 burrows have so many trashy people, I'm surprised they just don't blow NYC up for the betterment of mankind. ;)  NYC is highly overrated, overpriced, and flooded with the "jet setting" crowd.  However, for good live music and pretty vagina, it's very nice.  Too many foreign parasites too.  You can't walk into a deli without them barely speaking english.  Everyone is in a rush to make their "next million".  Even people who bank 100g, are still just getting by.  Nice town ;)
N

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
The 5 burrows have so many trashy people, I'm surprised they just don't blow NYC up for the betterment of mankind. ;)  NYC is highly overrated, overpriced, and flooded with the "jet setting" crowd.  However, for good live music and pretty vagina, it's very nice.  Too many foreign parasites too.  You can't walk into a deli without them barely speaking english.  Everyone is in a rush to make their "next million".  Even people who bank 100g, are still just getting by.  Nice town ;)

I hear you..

How's Vegas?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
I hear you..

How's Vegas?
More trash...haha, but a different kind.  Everyone has a lease Hummer/Escalade, on roids, gf with implants, just "livin the dream". ::)  This town is all about the "hot shot" douchebag with 22" rims, on HGH, who thinks he's "on top of the world".  The average female is so ugly, no wonder the term "Vegas Face" has spread even to NY.  Town has a surplus of midwester females with a 2 cent face and 3g boob job, attention whore type, soulless individuals really.  And as with any city with a nice climate, roid use is out of control, along with the fake factor.  I should have a shirt that has the Welcome to Vegas sign on the front, back: Get Real Bitches...  I'm assuming 80% of the people here are going straight to hell, when they die.  Simply horrid souls. ;)
I have met a few good people out here, but yeah, very few.  Everyone is a bad ass in Vegas, in case you didn't know. ::) :-X
N

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Agree the place is a dump.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
More trash...haha, but a different kind.  Everyone has a lease Hummer/Escalade, on roids, gf with implants, just "livin the dream". ::)  This town is all about the "hot shot" douchebag with 22" rims, on HGH, who thinks he's "on top of the world".  The average female is so ugly, no wonder the term "Vegas Face" has spread even to NY.  Town has a surplus of midwester females with a 2 cent face and 3g boob job, attention whore type, soulless individuals really.  And as with any city with a nice climate, roid use is out of control, along with the fake factor.  I should have a shirt that has the Welcome to Vegas sign on the front, back: Get Real Bitches...  I'm assuming 80% of the people here are going straight to hell, when they die.  Simply horrid souls. ;)
I have met a few good people out here, but yeah, very few.  Everyone is a bad ass in Vegas, in case you didn't know. ::) :-X

Try Paris, even worse; would never live there again unless someone paid me to do so.
I hate the State.

Legend

• Getbig I
I bleed Confederate gray, but I'm also educated and a hardcore bodybuilder.  The Anvil knows me.  If the South is so backward, why do we continue to be invaded by yankees?  Years ago I was wandering around the cesspool known as New Haven, Connecticut looking for a gym.    A car with strangers in it stopped and told me that I was in danger and offered me a ride.  I accepted because they were from EAST TEXAS JUST LIKE ME!! DEO VINDICE.  God bless Dixie.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I bleed Confederate gray, but I'm also educated and a hardcore bodybuilder.  The Anvil knows me.  If the South is so backward, why do we continue to be invaded by yankees?  Years ago I was wandering around the cesspool known as New Haven, Connecticut looking for a gym.    A car with strangers in it stopped and told me that I was in danger and offered me a ride.  I accepted because they were from EAST TEXAS JUST LIKE ME!! DEO VINDICE.  God bless Dixie.

Long live the confederacy!  ::)
I hate the State.