Author Topic: Am I the only one that like Spitz breeds here?  (Read 6099 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Re: Am I the only one that like Spitz breeds here?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 07:01:23 AM »
Ive never really seen a shiba before. Those dogs are really good looking.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »

Yes, I think so too.
I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:19 AM »

thank you brother,,,,would that be the best place to get one you think,,i mean,,i just want a healthy dog,,also,,i have 2 cats,,,would getting a dog like that as a puppy be ok,,my cats are really cool but do u think i can get a dog and they will all hang out and not fight?

I think it's a good place to start.  Think about it, most of these people spend alot of money on the care of their dogs.  It's also a good place for networking.  When you find a breeder that your interetsted in, it's easy to walk around the show & ask the other breeders what they think of so & so.  I think it's  a better place to start than surfing the net.  Also, always recommend that you want to see their place.  That will tell you everything you need to know.

My experience on the cats is 50/50.  You stand a better chance of making it 'work' by bringing in a puppy to an environment that has 2 adult cats.  It really depends on the cats really.  If they ignore the puppy & have no cares about it, then things will be fine.  If it was an adult dog with a baby kitten, that usually works too.  If you bring an adult dog into a house with an adult cat....could be a lot of trouble.  Our cat & dog don't really get along.  The dog loves cats.....but she's terrified of him & his size.  Behind a glass door...she's tough as nails & will fight him.  When I open the door & let him in...she hides & won't come out.  She swat at him once & really hurt his feelings.  He sat there & pouted about it.  You can tell he really just wanted to play with her & she smacked him in the nose.  Luckily, he has no desire to chase or hurt a cat or there could of been a problem.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »

there actually was one at the local shelter here, I was really surprised.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »

I think it's a good place to start.  Think about it, most of these people spend alot of money on the care of their dogs.  It's also a good place for networking.  When you find a breeder that your interetsted in, it's easy to walk around the show & ask the other breeders what they think of so & so.  I think it's  a better place to start than surfing the net.  Also, always recommend that you want to see their place.  That will tell you everything you need to know.

My experience on the cats is 50/50.  You stand a better chance of making it 'work' by bringing in a puppy to an environment that has 2 adult cats.  It really depends on the cats really.  If they ignore the puppy & have no cares about it, then things will be fine.  If it was an adult dog with a baby kitten, that usually works too.  If you bring an adult dog into a house with an adult cat....could be a lot of trouble.  Our cat & dog don't really get along.  The dog loves cats.....but she's terrified of him & his size.  Behind a glass door...she's tough as nails & will fight him.  When I open the door & let him in...she hides & won't come out.  She swat at him once & really hurt his feelings.  He sat there & pouted about it.  You can tell he really just wanted to play with her & she smacked him in the nose.  Luckily, he has no desire to chase or hurt a cat or there could of been a problem.

thank you