Author Topic: Milos Sarcev injury  (Read 7288 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Milos Sarcev injury
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »
I figured that frequent visitors by now know the difference between Milos and me and would figure out that it was a quote from Milos

Frequent visitors, probably.  I never go there unless I'm directed to a thread and I wasn't sure who was injured from that post.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »
Well...the sad truth is: I have MRI conformation since Friday that my meniscus, patella tendon and quadriceps muscle are all torn and in desperate need for surgical intervention...

I did not injure my knee or quad while training...Quad tear happened when I was sprinting (yes - running as fast as I could as I was in a hurry to get something for someone...felt super light on my feet so I wanted to test my super-sonic new shoes...)...and knee problem (meniscus and patella tendon) just happened all of a sudden -

........and as a result from improper training for such an event, I screwed myself up by pounding my joints with high rep, high volume, mutiple exercises (as many as 20 per work out) workouts not realizing if I were to do an explosive functional movement something would be bound to give.

Proves my point again.........BODYBUILDERS ARE NOT ATHLETES how many times have any of you heard me say "If a bodybuilder even ran a 40, he would be at risk for injury"?

I sincerely hope it he gets better, If it were just the meniscus, he would be off crutches the next day and walking around, thats common injury that most will get sometime during there life, but the other two shouldn't have happend if trained properly.

You can get my info off my site!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »
........and as a result from improper training for such an event, I screwed myself up by pounding my joints with high rep, high volume, mutiple exercises (as many as 20 per work out) workouts not realizing if I were to do an explosive functional movement something would be bound to give.

Proves my point again.........BODYBUILDERS ARE NOT ATHLETES how many times have any of you heard me say "If a bodybuilder even ran a 40, he would be at risk for injury"?

I sincerely hope it he gets better, If it were just the meniscus, he would be off crutches the next day and walking around, thats common injury that most will get sometime during there life, but the other two shouldn't have happend if trained properly.

You can get my info off my site!
You should pray for yourself Joey, I don't think this is the kind of attitude Jesus would approve of.

Your distaste and jealousy of Milos is downright scary, you are obsessed, and excited with anything you percieve as a Milos failure. SAD.

BTW, if your way was better, you could charge $500 per hour and be training pro bbers and retaining 95% of them over 5 years.

But for some strange reason, you aren't/can't.   Hmmmmm :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »
Milos's update pic(couple days ago with Germany new pro Daniel Hill)

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
You should pray for yourself Joey, I don't think this is the kind of attitude Jesus would approve of.

Your distaste and jealousy of Milos is downright scary, you are obsessed, and excited with anything you percieve as a Milos failure. SAD.

BTW, if your way was better, you could charge $500 per hour and be training pro bbers and retaining 95% of them over 5 years.

But for some strange reason, you aren't/can't.   Hmmmmm :-\

Why am I jealous of Milos? I train athletes, not BBer's. If what I said is incorrect, let me know. For a couple of years we have been more or less comparing methods and protocols.....it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that type of training would cause injury. I said I hope he gets better and I mean it, but he sould have more sense than that. Even after my show, I changed my protocol around completly so I could go back to conditioning with my athletes......it took about 8 weeks for me to sprint a 40 at about half speed before I felt like my hamstring was going to pop. Also, I have a torn meniscus (have had it for about 6 months).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
Also, I have a torn meniscus (have had it for about 6 months).

how did you tear it?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
That Dan Hill is a fairly good sized guy, but he needs alot of work before he can hang with the pros onstage IMO.

He was doing a shoot the other day, I hadn't seen any info about him until after the shoot, I saw he was being touted as the youngest IFBB pro....give him time, he may do good.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
how did you tear it?

Was giving my son a kiss goodnight, my leg was a little under his bed, the bottom of his bed is as high as my knee, when I bent over, I hyperextended my knee, heard a "pop", knee swelled. Grade 1-2 strain to my PCL, medial and lateral collateral and Torn meniscus. I rehabed the the other injuries but by nature, the meniscus will not heal so surgery is inevitable. Here is the MRI reading.....

1. Sprained ACL

2. Tear of the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus w/parameniscal cyst

3. Degenerative changes of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus

4. Bone edema and reactive changes involving the proximal tibia as well as the medial and lateral femoral condyles with some cystic within the the lateral tibial plateau.

5. Sprains of the medial and lateral collateral ligaments.

6. Small joint effusion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
Was giving my son a kiss goodnight, my leg was a little under his bed, the bottom of his bed is as high as my knee, when I bent over, I hyperextended my knee, heard a "pop", knee swelled. Grade 1-2 strain to my PCL, medial and lateral collateral and Torn meniscus. I rehabed the the other injuries but by nature, the meniscus will not heal so surgery is inevitable.

You and milos are about the same age.
He hurt his leg running without a warmup.
You hurt your leg moving around the house.

As we get old, little things on our bodies wear out from little activities.  IMO, Milos injury didn't come from high rep training, just as yours didnt come from low rep or core training.  You guys are in your mid 40s and you trian like bodybuilders... shit is gonna break :)

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
You and milos are about the same age.
He hurt his leg running without a warmup.
You hurt your leg moving around the house.

As we get old, little things on our bodies wear out from little activities.  IMO, Milos injury didn't come from high rep training, just as yours didnt come from low rep or core training.  You guys are in your mid 40s and you trian like bodybuilders... shit is gonna break :)

I hyperextended it........a little different than just running around the house. I was 230 at the time and leaned into it.

BTW, I only changed my training to bodybuilding for the show, other than that, I haven't trained for BBing in over 5 years, thats when I changed to more functional training. Now I'm back to functional type training. I have no more use for isolation type exercises for the most part.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »
I hyperextended it........a little different than just running around the house. I was 230 at the time and leaned into it.

BTW, I only changed my training to bodybuilding for the show, other than that, I haven't trained for BBing in over 5 years, thats when I changed to more functional training. Now I'm back to functional type training. I have no more use for isolation type exercises for the most part.

It's always funny to note how you consistely avoid to admit your own fuck ups, hu, buddy? Why can't you simply admit: 'yes, I was a dickweed and although my vast experience on kinesiology and exercise field I leaned onto my hiperextended knee.' Just admit you did a dumb thing......trying to pretend you fucked up not admiting your guilt and not sounding dumb at the same time is stupid! And yes, you're dead jealous about Milos....not that I'm particularly fond of him, but the truth must be said: you get a hard on whenever Milos is the subject on getbig.

Just the facts.....
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
Get well soon Milos.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »
What would hurt more knowing Nassar did your wife or a knee injury or not getting your Pro card.?????

The Coach

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
It's always funny to note how you consistely avoid to admit your own fuck ups, hu, buddy? Why can't you simply admit: 'yes, I was a dickweed and although my vast experience on kinesiology and exercise field I leaned onto my hiperextended knee.' Just admit you did a dumb thing......trying to pretend you fucked up not admiting your guilt and not sounding dumb at the same time is stupid! And yes, you're dead jealous about Milos....not that I'm particularly fond of him, but the truth must be said: you get a hard on whenever Milos is the subject on getbig.

Just the facts.....

AAAAhh, when did I say it wasn't a dumb thing to do? I should have realized where my leg was and didn't, I payed the price..get over it.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
AAAAhh, when did I say it wasn't a dumb thing to do? I should have realized where my leg was and didn't, I payed the price..get over it.

OK, tiger!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »
I figured that frequent visitors by now know the difference between Milos and me and would figure out that it was a quote from Milos

Do you speak with Milos often?  Ask him a question for me:

WHERE THE FUCK IS NASSER'S MONEY?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
Do you speak with Milos often?  Ask him a question for me:

WHERE THE FUCK IS NASSER'S MONEY?
He spents Nassers money on a set of 225# dumbells, tell Nasser to fuck off, we're using them. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 02:41:12 AM »
Coach, are you saying higher repetitions/lower weight causes tendon and ligament breakdown + muscle damage or something else..

The Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 09:47:15 AM »
Coach, are you saying higher repetitions/lower weight causes tendon and ligament breakdown + muscle damage or something else..

Well, yes, but in Milos' case and from what I have heard him say, he also keeps his weights relatively light. In short, he says he does up to 20 exercises per leg workout and lets say he does 10-12 reps per exercise thats 200 to 240 reps, if he does 3 rounds thats 600 to 720 reps per workout couple that with possibly not having strength balance between the quads and hamstrings (extremely improtant when doing an athletic movement like sprinting and especially knee health), even he was doing that once per week along with day to day activities it's clearly overuse.

Since Milos' training, as with most bodybuilders, is focused on primarily on isolation and the use of machines for more isolation, there is little function involved that might or will cause an imbalance between the quads, hams, glutes, low back (posterior chain quads not included) and stabilizers, going out and doing what he did, especially without proper warm up, is an injury waiting to happen.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »
In a footnote to the above, it should be noted that up until Milos tore his ACL, he was clocked by Walmart's cameras at 4.29 during his 40 yard search for his friend in the C9 aisle.

More proof that bodybuilders are elite-level athletes.
BigNationRadio.com

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »
Get well Milos!!  And don't worry, soon enough you'll back 100% squatting 55lbs for 95 sets of 1500 reps.

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

Proves my point again.........BODYBUILDERS ARE NOT ATHLETES

I guess you never saw the vid of Kevin Levrone running against Dwain Chambers?

CD

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »
Explosive activities like sprinting and throwing have to be trained for. Milos knows that. Sometimes we feel invincible and that is when injuries can occur. Strangely, it is sometimes light resistances that cause injuries!
springting is not light on the knees when 250+ pounds

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
springting is not light on the knees when 250+ pounds

Exactly, but it feels like it is when you are in great shape like Milos.
I

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
Ya think it could have been the 20 exercises for legs in one session ::).............for anyone who doubted me........told you so. Anyone want my info for training just contact me :D

It's what I was thinking too.

He would never admit it because of the repercussions