Author Topic: Are you a Dem or Repub???  (Read 2780 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Are you a Dem or Repub???
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:44:25 PM »
It doesnt really mean what it used to anymore.   Is a dem, always a bleeding heart who wants to give handouts to the poor and will run rather than fight?

Is a repub always going to take self profit over compassion? Will he run toward violence at the drop of a hat,grind you into the dirt and tell you its your fault?

What other stigmas are there with these parties? Are they true anymore?

Ive talked with people recently and have seen that most of us are in the middle of these once "Core" principles.

240 carry's a gun yet questions things suspiscious...not led by party loyalty.
When he has thoughts on things Coach or HH6 will call him a lib....

I lean to Dem, but have guns, am a God fearing man, a business owner and dont support abortions.  So am i really a liberal??

Blanket statements dont work anymore.......Do you understand this??

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Are you a Dem or Repub???
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
What about just voting for the canidate that you think is best for the country regardless of the party they belong to?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »

I'm a recovering former Republican. 

I'm a registered independent with great disdain for both parties and for the system which allows them to fluourish unchecked.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:26 PM »
It doesnt really mean what it used to anymore.   Is a dem, always a bleeding heart who wants to give handouts to the poor and will run rather than fight?

Is a repub always going to take self profit over compassion? Will he run toward violence at the drop of a hat,grind you into the dirt and tell you its your fault?

What other stigmas are there with these parties? Are they true anymore?

Ive talked with people recently and have seen that most of us are in the middle of these once "Core" principles.

240 carry's a gun yet questions things suspiscious...not led by party loyalty.
When he has thoughts on things Coach or HH6 will call him a lib....

I lean to Dem, but have guns, am a God fearing man, a business owner and dont support abortions.  So am i really a liberal??

Blanket statements dont work anymore.......Do you understand this??

A god fearing man....which god do you fear? Zeus? Odin? Quetzalcoatl?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
You can be a repub, a democrat, or an independet, and not be a lib or a neocon.

Of course, neocons see all neo-cons as libs.
And all libs see all non-libs as neocons.

Closeminded twerps.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
Registered Democrat with an Independent streak. The wrong Dem can put me in the hands of the right Indie, depending on the circumstance.

For me to vote Republican would require a unique politician that is centrist in nature and willing to work across the aisle. Jack Kemp struck me as that kind of GOP man, however, now he's getting old. Not too many other Repubs would be capable of getting my vote.
!

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:36:58 AM »
I'm a libertarian with conservative swing. I don't believe the govt should have as much power, i don't believe in handouts to the poor, i believe in freedom of choice - which pertains to speaking, abortions, marriage, etc - and i believe people should make for themselves what they want out of life instead of relying on the govt to do it for them. but that's just me.  :)
Just another day...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »
I'm a libertarian with conservative swing. I don't believe the govt should have as much power, i don't believe in handouts to the poor, i believe in freedom of choice - which pertains to speaking, abortions, marriage, etc - and i believe people should make for themselves what they want out of life instead of relying on the govt to do it for them. but that's just me.  :)

if you failed at this. which party would you most likely lean towards?

if you worked your ass off and had something to show for it, which party would you lean towards?

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 07:04:28 AM »
if you failed at this. which party would you most likely lean towards?

if you worked your ass off and had something to show for it, which party would you lean towards?

republican, because I wouldn't have depended on handouts to make something of myself, and i also wouldn't want the govt taxing all my hard-earned money away. i've had to pay less taxes since bush has been in office and i'd like to keep it that way.  ;D
Just another day...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »
I'm a recovering former Republican. 

I'm a registered independent with great disdain for both parties and for the system which allows them to fluourish unchecked.

Join the club.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
republican, because I wouldn't have depended on handouts to make something of myself, and i also wouldn't want the govt taxing all my hard-earned money away. i've had to pay less taxes since bush has been in office and i'd like to keep it that way.  ;D
So do you think that Microsoft, AT&T, the US auto industry or big oil/energy are problems?  They all depended on government handouts for their success. 

And if you drive on federal highways, got a student loan, used a public library, took part in the GI Bill, sued someone in a court of law, or have your bank accounts insured by the FDIC, then you depend on government as well.

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »
So do you think that Microsoft, AT&T, the US auto industry or big oil/energy are problems?  They all depended on government handouts for their success. 

And if you drive on federal highways, got a student loan, used a public library, took part in the GI Bill, sued someone in a court of law, or have your bank accounts insured by the FDIC, then you depend on government as well.

i'm not saying people shouldn't depend on the govt, and actually i was referring more to families on welfare and such. i simply think the govt should have less power, and the people and the states should have more. libs are all about giving the fed govt big power - if the govt interfered less and we were taxed less, then we as a country would be wealthier. the writers of the constitution, the fathers of our country, would cry and probably shoot themselves if they knew how much libs have destroyed our govt. the fed govt should be there to protect us and give us a hand when we need it, but it should be a last resort. we shouldn't be spending our tax money and increasing the natl budget to give money to people who are too lazy to get educated or get a job and can't stop poppin out kids.
Just another day...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »
i'm not saying people shouldn't depend on the govt, and actually i was referring more to families on welfare and such. i simply think the govt should have less power, and the people and the states should have more. libs are all about giving the fed govt big power - if the govt interfered less and we were taxed less, then we as a country would be wealthier. the writers of the constitution, the fathers of our country, would cry and probably shoot themselves if they knew how much libs have destroyed our govt. the fed govt should be there to protect us and give us a hand when we need it, but it should be a last resort. we shouldn't be spending our tax money and increasing the natl budget to give money to people who are too lazy to get educated or get a job and can't stop poppin out kids.
If you are against the size of government and the 9 trillion dollar debt we carry, then you must look at the conservatives as well.  It was under Reagan and Bush administration that our national debt skyrocketed under 'borrow and spend' policies.

The federal government is too big.  I would like to see it reduced in size once we reign in corporate dominance.  I'm glad that you recognize the utility of having a social safety net.

As for Welfare, AFDC is a pretty small expenditure from the governmental budget.  It's also a pretty successful program at getting people of the program.  Over half of all recipients leave the welfare rolls after just 2 years.  The largest group of AFDC recipients is white women.

Our country depends on a flexible workforce.  There is never full employment b/c that would stoke inflation.  If these people aren't eligible for unemployment insurance, what do we do with them?  Mind you, the country needs 1-5% unemployed workers.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:34:14 AM »
i've had to pay less taxes since bush has been in office...

You're actually paying more and your income is worth a lot less. 

The 'poor tax' is increasing, my friend, but they've tricked you into believing that you're better off. 

Wake up, America!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »
i simply think the govt should have less power, and the people and the states should have more. libs are all about giving the fed govt big power ...

So are the so-called 'conservatives' who support Bush and his administration.

Why can you people not see this? 

Americans, in general, are too brainwashed.  I don't want to call you people stupid, but the amount of ignorance I see in this country leaves me scratching my head.  With all the informational resources we have available, how do we - as a nation - still not get it? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »
You're actually paying more and your income is worth a lot less. 

The 'poor tax' is increasing, my friend, but they've tricked you into believing that you're better off. 

Wake up, America!
The tax cuts under Bush are a smoke screen.  The debt is the true measure of our financial well-being.  And we all know how the debt was handled by the Bush administration.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 08:41:09 AM »
The tax cuts under Bush are a smoke screen.  The debt is the true measure of our financial well-being.  And we all know how the debt was handled by the Bush administration.

Precisely. 

'Bush tax cuts' is little more than a buzzword. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »

Excellent post.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »
Excellent post.
Wrong. The post was borderline terrible, but the response by Decker was "excellent".
!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »
ok lets get off bush for a second. when we look back at the history of the republican party were not going to be talking about the golden years of bush, we know that.

look at it in terms of what we want to happen for the future.

you cant get into a debate here because it always resorts to bush. in the history of politics everything is a blank, except for bush

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
the most extreme neocons on this board are very new to the republican party.

They believe bush 100% on everything because they think he is the definition of the party.

he is not.  When some of us were kids admiring Reagan, they were rooting for Mondale.
They think this pre-emptive invasion, perpetual war, and nation-building is what repubs do.

it's not.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 01:36:31 PM »
the 200% increase in gasoline prices alone negated any benefit from bush's "tax cuts" a long, long time ago.

when will americans finally wake up ?

Exactly.  The (barely) middle-class idiots still supporting the Bushicons agenda are blind to the fact that they, too, are getting stuck with the bill. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
ok lets get off bush for a second. when we look back at the history of the republican party were not going to be talking about the golden years of bush, we know that.

look at it in terms of what we want to happen for the future.

you cant get into a debate here because it always resorts to bush. in the history of politics everything is a blank, except for bush

I'm willing to take Bush out of the discussion, but both parties have a long history of anti-American practices. 

The funny part about people who want to call themselves 'conservatives' is that they don't realize that the Republicans support the concept of the American welfare state just as much IF NOT MORESO than the Democrats. 

Both parties and their leaders and their biggest contributors benefit from enslaving people and taking away their desire to be competitive in education or the workplace. 

So, don't complain about the 'handouts', because that's what allows you to maintain your comfortable little suburban existence without much doing on your part at all. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 07:11:56 PM »
Doesnt this graph destroy party lines??   Is youre party, what you thought it was??   This is the truth, and we better meet in the center, and stand up to corruption and lies that are destroying our country and our economy.....

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
Doesnt this graph destroy party lines??   Is youre party, what you thought it was??   This is the truth, and we better meet in the center, and stand up to corruption and lies that are destroying our country and our economy.....
Why meet in the center after looking at that graph?  ???
It's clear that Republican administrations are incredibly irresponsible with the government's finances and therefore you should vote Democrat.  :)
!