Author Topic: All you Yanks who think u're Irish? I've got news for you...  (Read 6249 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: All you Yanks who think u're Irish? I've got news for you...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »
That's Welsh baby...

"Go raibh maith agat" is Irish for thank you... although it is pronounced "Guh-rev-moh-a-gut"

There are only about 5,000 fluent Irish speakers left world wide (I'm not one), it's essentially a dead language, and probably good riddance too... it's a brutally restrictive and ugly sounding language with horrendously diverse dialects (Irish speakers only 100 miles apart can't even converse with each other).

I shudder to think what you Americans get fed in your college courses.

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Any American out there who's interested in Irish girls is welcome to them.

The only difference between an Irish girl and the proto-human Morlocks from the old HG Wells "Time Machine" movie is the colour.

Morlocks are blue. Now, thanks to fake tans, Irish girls are orange.

Most Irish guys go for the eastern Block girls.... sure they arrived in Ireland since 2001 but still dress like it's 1985, but hey, they all look like supermodels and fuck on the first date.

The Luke 

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »

The only difference between an Irish girl and the proto-human Morlocks from the old HG Wells "Time Machine" movie is the colour.

Most Irish guys go for the eastern Block girls.... sure they arrived in Ireland since 2001 but still dress like it's 1985, but hey, they all look like supermodels and fuck on the first date.

The Luke 

Hey Puke, where's the video you promised of you DLing 405 for 15 reps? ::)

:-\

...I'm a thirty-year-old live-at-home loser who works minimum wage jobs to fund his hobby of traipsing across the globe hunting for lost treasure troves and Sasquatch

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
Hey Puke, where's the video you promised of you DLing 405 for 15 reps? ::)

...don't misquote now Panda. I said I had managed 12 reps and was gonna try for 15, but would be happy with 13 (I've been working towards that for years).

Back on point, yeah... sorry. Just back from Malta and haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to get a suitable camcorder/cameraphone organised and put up that vid as soon as I my schedule allows.

The Luke

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
They havent filled their quota for 98 pound puerto rican bottom twinks yet Benny, you ought to apply.
However, they don't have room for inbred cow-tippin f@ggots like you. Uneducated American trailor trash does nothing for their booming economy.  ;)
!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
However, they don't have room for inbred cow-tippin f@ggots like you. Uneducated American trailor trash does nothing for their booming economy.  ;)
Racist meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
That's Welsh baby...

"Go raibh maith agat" is Irish for thank you... although it is pronounced "Guh-rev-moh-a-gut"

There are only about 5,000 fluent Irish speakers left world wide (I'm not one), it's essentially a dead language, and probably good riddance too... it's a brutally restrictive and ugly sounding language with horrendously diverse dialects (Irish speakers only 100 miles apart can't even converse with each other).

I shudder to think what you Americans get fed in your college courses.

The Luke

No, Welsh for thank you is: Diolch.

I am quite certain of the Welsh.

I did Celtic Studies in Germany, not the USA.
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »
Racist meltdown.
Sorry I hit to close to home, sweetie.  :-*
!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
Sorry I hit to close to home, sweetie.  :-*
That means "sirtraps" must have hit close to home for you, huh? :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »

The Luke 

Wow, you are one cynical bloke. Good stuff. ;)
I hate the State.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »

HAHAHHA ;D
Spirit of Truth

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »
Oh b'jesus.  Dideleedee, potatoes t'be sure.  Kiss me.  I'm not an Evil Leprechaun.

Irish people are great.  They're wrapped tighter than a tourniquet.  At any moment they could just go "pop" and there'd be nothing left but a little green stain.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
...don't misquote now Panda. I said I had managed 12 reps and was gonna try for 15, but would be happy with 13 (I've been working towards that for years).

Back on point, yeah... sorry. Just back from Malta and haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to get a suitable camcorder/cameraphone organised and put up that vid as soon as I my schedule allows.

The Luke

Hey, no prob man.  Just hoping you had a great time on your "big foot" expedition in "malta." :D

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »
Mum just told me dad was irish. Sorry about my post before.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »
You are NOT fucking Irish so stop pretending Paddy's day means anything to you, stop pretending you have any idea what
it means to be Irish if you haven't been here.
The Ireland you so desperately want to incorporate doesn't exist anymore.
You will never be Irish nor Scottish / English or god knows what else, you are Yanks... that's it.

Not even if my parents were boaters?

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. . . . too much talk not enough. . .

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:16 AM »
god thats what i can't wait for.. to get home and have a glass of liquid bread-flavoured dirt.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »
hey stark!!! i'm german-austrian-french-anglo-saxon-american... do you like me mr. kraut????

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
god thats what i can't wait for.. to get home and have a glass of liquid bread-flavoured dirt.

what time zone are you in?  I just got home after drinking 13 of them bitches.  I love life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :D :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 02:32:54 AM »
what time zone are you in?  I just got home after drinking 13 of them bitches.  I love life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :D :D

You won't love it tomorrow with mudslide guts.  Don't trust any "farts" for the next 36 hrs.  hth

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »

I'm in Sydney, and it might be a matter of opinion, but in terms of beer 'once you go black, you never go back' is something rarely said lol, Guiness ain't no aqquired taste, it's forced upon it's country lololol - don't take this personally.

p.s. that woman is a solid specimen!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:48 AM »
I'm Irish-American you stupid fuck, as is anyone who now lives in America.  My grandparents came from Limmerick and I still have family there.  Does that mean anything?  No.  Because I'm Irish-American now. 

Mike I tell it to you straight your NOT fucking Irish...got that? You are not American Irish you are American, your grandparent were Irish and that's it, you pretending to be anything but American is fucking pathetic and lame, you were born in America that makes you American, I'll bet you if your grandparents were from Iraq you couldn't protest more if I called you an Iraqi ::) It's just because you guys have no real history to speak of an desperately look for something that sets you apart from all the white trash around you.
Go get a shamrock tattoo ::) Go celebrate Paddy's day ::) Go pretend to love Ireland ::)
But it will not change the fact that you are as Irish as the Nigerians who move over here to rape the fucking system.

Oh and just to get the facts straight here, that utopia of an American Irish Pub kinda Ireland? It doesn't exist, I have lived in Ireland for the past 12 years and Dublin in particular is the most emigrant overrun dirty knacker invested city there is, its dirty loud and as far from the Ireland I remember 10 years ago as you can imagine, Limerick (also lovingly called Stab city) is even worse.

The Ireland you so desperately celebrate doesn't exist anymore.

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »
The Southern Irish (thats the backward catholic ones from the south or Eire) are such a pityfull race of under achievers. Eternal victims of the world, short, dwarfist, ginger, uneducated and always with their tiny stubby little hands held out for more EU charity funding. The only other thing they were good at was raising American cash for weapons to blow up women and children in British northern Ireland.   At least the British protestants in the North are proper white anglo saxons.

I sometimes wonder if the dumb Americans who claim to be Irish actually realise that the Emerald Isle is actually two different countries occupied by two entirely seperate races.

For your education :   There is no country called Ireland. There is "The Republic of Ireland" which is a full member of the EU and is occupied by inbred catholic dwarfes and murderers who wear green clothes and top hats and say "to be shuure to be shuure " all day and there is "Northern Ireland" which is part of the glorious United Kingdom (thats Britain to the uneducated) which is full of normal white anglo saxon protestant British citizens.   

If your ancestors came from Northern Ireland you are of British decent and should celebrate the Queen's birthday. If your ancestors came from the Republic you really should keep quiet about it.

Master of the Masters.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 06:33:01 AM »
I'm in Dublin right now for St. Patty's and all I have to say is, "Why the fuck is nothing going on?" Anyone who reads this...Chicago, St. Louis, and Boston all have better parades and festivals than this place, I just hope this is the calm before the storm (Monday). There arent even any signs up that say HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY...What the deal Stark?...BTW I dont have a lick of Irish in me 8)
Air Falcon