Author Topic: Derek Anthony reveals health crisis  (Read 17207 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Derek Anthony reveals health crisis
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »

;D

Don't laugh, AIDS is a very serious thing  :-\  ;)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
Don't laugh, AIDS is a very serious thing  :-\  ;)

I heard its like the flu.... :'(   Only you die a little bit...... :-\

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »
DA has an assortment of ailments.. Aids is only on top of the list.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »
I WENT TO THE DOCTORS TO GET FULL BLOOD WORK DONE. AND MY DOCTOR OVER LOOKED THAT IWAS ANIMIC. I HAVE NO IRON IN MY BODY. AND AFTER DAVE LOOKED AT IT VERY CLOSELY, INSTEAD OF SKIMMING THROUGH IT LIKE MY STUPID DOCTOR DID. HE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THATS WHY I CUT, AND BRUISE SO EASILY. I DONT TAKE ENOUGH IRON. I HAVE BEEN EATING HARDLY ANY RED MEAT ANYMORE. CHCKEN ,TILAPIA,SHAKES ETC. EATING REAL CLEAN FOR MY FIGHTS.

SO DAVE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION, TO EAT RED MEAT ONCE A DAY. FOR A COUPLE WEEKS WITH A OVER THE COUNTER IRON SUPPLEMENT WITH VITAMIN C TO MAKE THE IRON WORK BETTER ETC... AND THAT SHOULD PREVENT EASILY GETTING CUT SO EASILY ETC.THEN TO GET TESTED AGAIN TO SEE IF MY IRON COUNT WENT UP.AND IT SHOULD

DAVE IS A PURE GENIOUS AND I OWN HIM A LOT. I PROBABBLY WOULD HAVE GONE MISDIAGNOSED CAUSE MY DUMB DOCTOR WAS IN A RUSH AND OVERLOOKED IT.

DAVE TRULY THANK YOU!

AND YES TO THE GETBIGGERS WHO THOUGHT I HAD AIDS IM HIV NEGATIVE CAUSE I HAD CUTS ON MY ARMS FROM VERY LOW IRON....NOT CAUSE OF HIV OR AIDS THATS JUST SICK!!!

Get well soon, Derek!

This story of his is wrong for so many reasons

I really doubt that a physician would miss SEVERE anemia like this, if it were the case.  Especially if he had "no iron"  ::)

Secondly, iron deficiency doesn't cause platelet problems!  In fact, most of the time Fe deficiency anemia is asymptomatic, unless it was extremely severe, in which case he would be described different systems like fatigue rather than bleeding problems.

What he IS describing is a classic case of a bleeding disorder, thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)  This would also explain if he had any ecchymoses/petichiae on his body.  The only vitamin deficiency I could think of, affecting platelets, would be Vit C...and that would be in a severe case, such as scurvy or something.

I wouldn't go around saying someone has aids, as it is a very serious condition...but to be honest.  The leading cause of thrombocytopenia IS in fact....AIDS and the HIV infection.  :-X
just not good enough

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
it is possible to develop anemia if you're not taking in or absorbing the right amount of iron, bleeding profusely on a regular basis, and so on...

but bruising easily, bleeding under the skin on the forearms, etc is more of a platelet issue... which can be caused by a medication, infection, or is a symptom of an immune system issue...

Hard to say and I sincerely don't wish anyone ill or ealth problems of this nature. Maybe it is Iron?
he mentioned "cuts" on his arm? Some depressed pople will cut themselves to relieve tension? seriously , it is a disorder. I am not saying DA has it, just curious?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 09:12:14 PM »
Hard to say and I sincerely don't wish anyone ill or ealth problems of this nature. Maybe it is Iron?
he mentioned "cuts" on his arm? Some depressed pople will cut themselves to relieve tension? seriously , it is a disorder. I am not saying DA has it, just curious?

iron deficiencies... as the person above me mentioned are pretty much asymptomatic (other than fatigue), sever anemia wouldn't be missed by a doctor and is pretty rare for a male to manage... you do ingest iron if you don't eat read meat, so it is pretty hard to manage a deficiency. Platelet issues are not related to iron... platelet issues are what I'm guessing from the easy bruising... and thrombocytopenia also results in bleeding underneath the skin, which look like weird scab thingies which usually occur on forearms but can occur elsewhere as well .... forgot what those are called...

anyway... if this was a sever case... the doc would have noticed

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
He's done.

Even with a quick google you'll see the hard facts:

Anemia is the most common complication seen in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. (AIDS). Up to 95% of HIV` AIDS patients may have anemia.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
Anthony and Prince look like they have AIDS.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 12:03:45 AM »
Love him or hate him, few people in the game have the intelect of Dave P.

The Beef

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »
DA isn't just sure he's anemic, he's HIV Positive.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »
iron deficiencies... as the person above me mentioned are pretty much asymptomatic (other than fatigue), sever anemia wouldn't be missed by a doctor and is pretty rare for a male to manage... you do ingest iron if you don't eat read meat, so it is pretty hard to manage a deficiency. Platelet issues are not related to iron... platelet issues are what I'm guessing from the easy bruising... and thrombocytopenia also results in bleeding underneath the skin, which look like weird scab thingies which usually occur on forearms but can occur elsewhere as well .... forgot what those are called...[/font]

anyway... if this was a sever case... the doc would have noticed

"ecchymosis/petichiae"  ;)
just not good enough

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 04:12:24 AM »
Derek could easily prove all of getbig wrong by posting his results of a negative HIV test.

That is, if he has indeed taken such a test.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 04:40:34 AM »
Derek could easily prove all of getbig wrong by posting his results of a negative HIV test.

That is, if he has indeed taken such a test.
LOL. I see a CNN anchor post in your future.

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 04:54:54 AM »
hahah derrick antony got AIDS from an old homo !

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 07:59:26 AM »
it is possible to develop anemia if you're not taking in or absorbing the right amount of iron, bleeding profusely on a regular basis, and so on...

but bruising easily, bleeding under the skin on the forearms, etc is more of a platelet issue... which can be caused by a medication, infection, or is a symptom of an immune system issue...

I don't know why but you are even more fuckable after that post  8)

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
Doesn't look good for DA :o

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 08:07:05 AM »
PIP Derek  :'(
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
Seriously guys, he said he had a negative HIV test, that should put all this noise to rest.

Derek, can you please post the negative result paper and shut up the haters once and for all?  All this HIV talk ruins my lunch and it'd be great if you'd just silence it once and for all.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:16 AM »
All the faglets are dieing..... :'(

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:26 AM »
Seriously guys, he said he had a negative HIV test, that should put all this noise to rest.

Derek, can you please post the negative result paper and shut up the haters once and for all?  All this HIV talk ruins my lunch and it'd be great if you'd just silence it once and for all.

<a faint glimmer of the "old 240" surfaces>

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!  ;D :D ;)

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 08:23:21 AM »

<a faint glimmer of the "old 240" surfaces>

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!  ;D :D ;)
Hey arvilla, aren't you a PT? I would think you would be at the gym alot more. Seems like your here posting all the time???

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 08:41:05 AM »
derek in your gay for pay sessions what is the most horrific injury you have sustained?

Rectal tearing from being fisted to the elbow. :P

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »
Rectal tearing from being fisted to the elbow shoulder. :P

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »

Look, I have no idea what medical condition DA and I don't think it is any of our business.
Granted he brought it up, but I don't think something that serious should be on any message boards.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
Hey arvilla, aren't you a PT? I would think you would be at the gym alot more. Seems like your here posting all the time???

that's because he has no clients.

Honestly, who would like to be trained by a lyophilised washed out dumb looking sausage ?