Author Topic: Will Rush's plan backfire?  (Read 1358 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will Rush's plan backfire?
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
In perhaps the greatest sabotage in political history, Repubs in Ohio and Tx were the deciding factor in hilary's win. 

Rush encouraged them to vote for hilary - and they did.  This has stretched out the primary process, as Obama wins in TX and OH would have solidified the nomination for Obama.

The problem with this is that - if hilary does get on the ticket now - You have hundreds of thousands of Republicans who 1) have voted clinton before 2) might not be thrilled at Mccain's economic plan come november if the economy is in shambles.

Rush is making it "okay" to vote for a Clinton.  I've never voted for a Dem in my life.  If I punched the "D" ticket once during a primary, I'd be a lot more likely to do it again in the future. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Will Rush's plan backfire?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »

Rush is making it "okay" to vote for a Clinton.  I've never voted for a Dem in my life.  If I punched the "D" ticket once during a primary, I'd be a lot more likely to do it again in the future. 
good point.  this might me so with some but I tend to think those that cast their vote strategically for the other party in the primary are more concrete in their beliefs.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:21:02 AM »
In perhaps the greatest sabotage in political history, Repubs in Ohio and Tx were the deciding factor in hilary's win. 

Rush encouraged them to vote for hilary - and they did.  This has stretched out the primary process, as Obama wins in TX and OH would have solidified the nomination for Obama.

The problem with this is that - if hilary does get on the ticket now - You have hundreds of thousands of Republicans who 1) have voted clinton before 2) might not be thrilled at Mccain's economic plan come november if the economy is in shambles.

This is one aspect of the US political system I do not understand.  :-[
Are Republicans allowed to vote in Democratic primaries?
I thought only registered members of the party were allowed to vote in primaries.  ???
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:52:27 AM »
I've never voted for a Dem in my life.  If I punched the "D" ticket once during a primary, I'd be a lot more likely to do it again in the future. 
Never too late to come to your senses!  :D
Warren Buffet is a dem, and as the richest man in the world he's no dummy.  ;)
!

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:11:20 AM »

Does it really matter at this point who win the Lib nomination? They both can't keep anything straight, they should both just concede now and prepare for President McCain.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:39 AM »
All the race bullshit with the Dems and Mccain is traveling around the world, raising money, getting on with it.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:30:39 AM »
Draconian Lizards will decide. :o

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »
Does it really matter at this point who win the Lib nomination? They both can't keep anything straight, they should both just concede now and prepare for President McCain.
Good luck with that...granpa can't even figure out who's fighting who over in Iraq. He's making one misstatement after another over there. That dickhead Lieberman had to bail him out yesterday...and to think Iraq is supposed to be his strength.

I like old people, but I mean, c'mon. :P Sometimes he seems to have brain freeze/Alzheimer's moments.  :-\ Obama will clean his clock in debates.

Are you hoping for the racist vote to "save the day", Coach?
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »
I spent 30 minutes reading about Mccain tonight.

Turns out he was in bottom 1% of his class in the naval academy, is a major liberal, tried to run for prez as a DEM after not getting on the Repub ticket, doesn't know where AQ comes from, and has been labeled by most in his party as a lib.

Coach doesn't want to talk about these things, which is odd.  He's campaigning for Mccain, but doesn't want to talk about his record.  Honestly, hilary might be best prepared for the job, out of all of these folks, and I'm totally not a hilary fan.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
I spent 30 minutes reading about Mccain tonight.

Turns out he was in bottom 1% of his class in the naval academy, is a major liberal, tried to run for prez as a DEM after not getting on the Repub ticket, doesn't know where AQ comes from, and has been labeled by most in his party as a lib.

Coach doesn't want to talk about these things, which is odd.  He's campaigning for Mccain, but doesn't want to talk about his record.  Honestly, hilary might be best prepared for the job, out of all of these folks, and I'm totally not a hilary fan.
Hillary is evil. Write-in your vote or vote Nader before voting for that owl-faced witch.  >:(

I don't agree that McCain is a "liberal". Right-wing nut jobs don't like him because he didn't always go along with EVERY Bush proposal, but on most issues he falls on the Republican/conservative side. Besides, he's made promises to the right people to be a good little conservative in order to get the nomination and he won't flip on them should he be elected. He'll appoint conservative SC Justices, do nothing on gun control, maintain the constitutionally illegal wire-tapping procedures, etc., etc.

Guys like "Coach" are voting McCain regardless of any reservations because they are die hard Republicans who will vote (R) down the line regardless of who's nominated. These are the hardcore party members both Repubs and Dems love, because these types are pretty much bought and paid for.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:38 PM »
Is there a Far RIGHT independet running that I can vote for?

I dont' feel right giving my vote to one of those 3 liberals, I just dont.

Two months ago, coach was probably parroting Rush, saying mccain was a liberal.  Today he loves the guy.  Which is it?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »
Is there a Far RIGHT independet running that I can vote for?

I dont' feel right giving my vote to one of those 3 liberals, I just dont.

Two months ago, coach was probably parroting Rush, saying mccain was a liberal.  Today he loves the guy.  Which is it?
You're an idiot for wanting a far-right "nuke-'em all" nutjob on the ballot. But hey, more power to 'ya.  :-X Maybe Pat Buchanan will jump in, or Pat Robertson...they sound like your type. You can always waste a vote on those clowns. Or Alan Keyes! He manages to sneak his crazy ass onto ballots every four years too.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »
You're an idiot for wanting a far-right "nuke-'em all" nutjob on the ballot. But hey, more power to 'ya.  :-X Maybe Pat Buchanan will jump in, or Pat Robertson...they sound like your type. You can always waste a vote on those clowns. Or Alan Keyes! He manages to sneak his crazy ass onto ballots every four years too.

I hope you do know that I take any and all positions here for the sake of good discussion, right?  I'll argue a CT, I'll attack any candidate from any party, just to have a good debate.

Which one of the 3 libs will you be voting for this fall?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
I hope you do know that I take any and all positions here for the sake of good discussion, right?  I'll argue a CT, I'll attack any candidate from any party, just to have a good debate.

Hahahaha.  The fox is calling the hen.... ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »

I see what you're up to, and sometimes its a bit annoying.  >:( Tonight I've chosen to play along for awhile.

I think it should be clear to anyone reading my posts that I am an uneqivocal Obama supporter. I think he is a once-in-a-lifetime transformative figure on the politcal scene.

Who are you voting for 240? I don't really give a shit if you want to continue to play games.  ::) I got no problem laying my balls on the table.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »
i've voted republican my whole life.

I'll post my 2008 vote here once I cast it :)