Author Topic: Obama's plan for Bush's Iraq mess AND make America safer  (Read 2315 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Obama's plan for Bush's Iraq mess AND make America safer
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:06 AM »
idiot

What do you think of Obama's support to keep funding a war he said he didn't vote for?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »
What do you think of Obama's support to keep funding a war he said he didn't vote for?
I don't agree with it. I do believe that if the political will was there from the top (ie. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid), then Obama and all the other democratic senators would follow suit. But the decision makers at the top made the decision that the party would not go that route. It appears the strategy was that they did not want that stance to backfire on them come this year's presidential election.
!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
Obama said yesterday that within 60 days he'll bring the "troops home". Obama has said he'll leave some to defend the bases and hunt AQI. This is ridiculous. It takes 100 logistics folks to back 1 trigger puller. His postions are dishonest. As is Hil's there will be no change as the Libs expect.

240s post right above this one answered this statement.   Hill and Obama went far left to get some states and will go back to center when reality hits.   Their lying just like all politicians do.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »
yeah, they're all going to let the generals do the thinking and stay out of the way.

they just had to go far right and left to win votes.  happens every election.  mccain shouts about boming iran, 100 years of war, to get the far right people, then he's all about "letting the generals decide" once he gets the nod.

The dems still have to pander to their base.  So they are still on the 60-day crap.   Watch what happens once obama seals the nomination.  he'll be all about "letting the generals dicate the safest way to get everyone home", a 20-year plan lol...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »
yeah, they're all going to let the generals do the thinking and stay out of the way.

they just had to go far right and left to win votes.  happens every election.  mccain shouts about boming iran, 100 years of war, to get the far right people, then he's all about "letting the generals decide" once he gets the nod.

The dems still have to pander to their base.  So they are still on the 60-day crap.   Watch what happens once obama seals the nomination.  he'll be all about "letting the generals dicate the safest way to get everyone home", a 20-year plan lol...
It ain't gonna be a 20 year plan under Obama, buddy. No way. The withdrawal may be slower than we against this war hope for, but there will be massive troop reductions in the first year of an Obama administration.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
honestly, it doesn't really affect us much.  as much as we complain about the war, we don't know 2% of the info that the people on the ground know.  it's their call to make. 

it's a volunteer army.  it's not a voluntary pay system, that part bugs me (we're funding it with our social security money), but what can you do?

Each of the candidates will bring a lot of folks home and leave a longterm group.  it'll never affect us, so why stress it at all, to be honest?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »
honestly, it doesn't really affect us much.  as much as we complain about the war, we don't know 2% of the info that the people on the ground know.  it's their call to make. 

it's a volunteer army.  it's not a voluntary pay system, that part bugs me (we're funding it with our social security money), but what can you do?

Each of the candidates will bring a lot of folks home and leave a longterm group.  it'll never affect us, so why stress it at all, to be honest?
Oh, 12 billion USD per month affects us A LOT buddy. That's coming out of your pocket...if not today, then in the future when we finally start dealing with the deficit Bush created. Right now we're pretty much spending China's money to fight our bogus war. Soon, they will want to collect.

I don't give a FUCK what's going on on the ground in Iraq. It is time for the Iraqis to handle their own shit. It is bad enough that we invaded the country in the first place, but to sit there as an occupying force for decades? No way...time to get the fuck out. There will only be peace through political reconciliation anyway. There is no "winning" military solution to the current state of Iraq.
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
Back to the original topic...we can't pull 2 Brigades out per month...pulling out in less then 2 years may be impossible. His plan is ridiculous. Plus he's mentioned that he'd go back in if things become a mess. How? Things will be a mess if we pull out. Not to mention the moral of the Services, the way that will embolden our enemies etc. His plan is no plan and he knows it. He won't pull out and the Libs will crucify him for it.

Tell me about it.  I wonder if he has spoken to the Joint Chiefs about this "plan"?   ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »
"Double our foreign assistance to cut extreme poverty in half"

Seems like Obama's answer to most issues...double spending for (insert issue).  I'm not kidding.  Look at his website under issues.  I have no idea where he is going to come up with all this $.

What is Obama talking about here?  Doubling foreign assistance sounds like a horrible idea with the economic state of our union.
Its about time we stop policing everyone else and worry about our citizens and our nation first.  When we are in good financial state and a balanced budget, then we can concern ourselves with fighting global poverty and helping out other nations again.  Right now, we are not being viewed as an economic superpower anymore.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
He's already promised to raise taxes to pay for socialized healthcare.

Have no idea where he thinks he'll get the money to fund the rest of his initiatives. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »
I'd suspend all foreign aid until we can see where the cash is going...Africa..waste of money...saudi Arabia waste of money. If u thought Bush was bad...Obama's plan will completely bleed us dry.
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
Benny often has a different take on things than I but on this one, I agree...we need to start troop withdrawls ASAP and stop spending so much damn $ over there.  Involve the UN, as they offered years ago.  Leave a large base, continue to train Iraqi troops and engage in more diplomacy.

I assume some of the reasons for going there had some monetary incentive but I can't see how any of it has benefitted us as a nation or our citizens.  I know we want to prevent oil from being on the euro standard, but I see no other benefits.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
Benny often has a different take on things than I but on this one, I agree...we need to start troop withdrawls ASAP and stop spending so much damn $ over there.  Involve the UN, as they offered years ago.  Leave a large base, continue to train Iraqi troops and engage in more diplomacy.

I assume some of the reasons for going there had some monetary incentive but I can't see how any of it has benefitted us as a nation or our citizens.  I know we want to prevent oil from being on the euro standard, but I see no other benefits.

Amen to that.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »
I'd suspend all foreign aid until we can see where the cash is going...Africa..waste of money...saudi Arabia waste of money. If u thought Bush was bad...Obama's plan will completely bleed us dry.

Nice crystal ball there. You might want to clean it up for a better picture.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 06:34:50 PM »
The current debt, I figure, is mainly because of the drain of this 5 yr war!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »
"Double our foreign assistance to cut extreme poverty in half"

Seems like Obama's answer to most issues...double spending for (insert issue).  I'm not kidding.  Look at his website under issues.  I have no idea where he is going to come up with all this $.

What is Obama talking about here?  Doubling foreign assistance sounds like a horrible idea with the economic state of our union.
Its about time we stop policing everyone else and worry about our citizens and our nation first.  When we are in good financial state and a balanced budget, then we can concern ourselves with fighting global poverty and helping out other nations again.  Right now, we are not being viewed as an economic superpower anymore.

His supporters say, "He'll stop the war in Iraq, that's where he'll find the money." But then Obama says he's gonna clean Al qaeda out of Afghanistan and possibly Pakistan, does he plan on doing this for free?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »
racist idiot
!