Author Topic: Should FL & MI have a Re-Vote?  (Read 5041 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Should FL & MI have a Re-Vote?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 11:30:18 PM »
Haha... Ok!

Sticking to politics though... Is the Obama "shining star" starting to fade with the latest rounds of statements from the Pastor and Heads of the Black Panthers?

The more I learn about the candidates and their policies, the more I think Hillary would be the lesser of two evils.

Doesn't matter, though, I'm voting for "Crazy John"!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »
Very true. Hitler was a MASTER military tactician.  He gets a lot of shit about gassing the Jews, but most people don't know that Hitler had very little to do with that...his right hand man Heinrich Himmler took care of most of that. But anyway, Stalin's advantage in WW2 was the winter in Russia...the German army, as powerful and determined as it was, couldn't get past that.  Just like Napoleon's army couldn't either.

It's what the Russians have done for 400 years... Wait for it to get cold... hang out about 20 or 30 miles outside of Moscow and just let the Russian winter kill them for you.

If Hitler had just stayed the fucck out of the way of his generals and let them do their jobs, Germany would have been much more successful.

I agree... I think he did in the beginning, then he started to get a little too high on himself... believing the hype or whatever at times... thinking he didn't need the generals.

I do think the fact he was fighting a 2 front war against far superior numbers may have been the bigger deal as well... He shouldn't have turned on Russia until after he had all of Europe and was well on the way to the US.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »
Very true. Hitler was a MASTER military tactician.  He gets a lot of shit about gassing the Jews, but most people don't know that Hitler had very little to do with that...his right hand man Heinrich Himmler took care of most of that. But anyway, Stalin's advantage in WW2 was the winter in Russia...the German army, as powerful and determined as it was, couldn't get past that.  Just like Napoleon's army couldn't either.

Hitler screwed the pooch royally by starting a two-front war.  He should have gone after the west first, took Britain, paused several years to re-arm, THEN gone after the Soviets.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »

The more I learn about the candidates and their policies, the more I think Hillary would be the lesser of two evils.

Doesn't matter, though, I'm voting for "Crazy John"!  :D

I dunno... as much as I hate Bush... I may end up doing the same... I'm quite torn right now.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »

I do think the fact he was fighting a 2 front war against far superior numbers may have been the bigger deal as well... He shouldn't have turned on Russia until after he had all of Europe and was well on the way to the US.

LOL...  great minds think alike.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
LOL...  great minds think alike.

Smartz is smartz!

;D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:48 PM »
I do think the fact he was fighting a 2 front war against far superior numbers may have been a big deal as well... He shouldn't have turned on Russia until after he had all of Europe and was well on the way to the US.

The great TU speaks truth again.  If it hadn't been for US intervention (the A-bomb and the US-Japan front), most of Europe would be speaking German now.  Germany's army was unstoppable...it took Paris, it neutralized the British navy (the most powerful wing of the Brit. empire), it took Poland, etc.  I'm not of German heritage, but damn, you gotta admire the determination of an army that was pretty small and in just a few years owned the entire world. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »
The great TU speaks truth again.  If it hadn't been for US intervention (the A-bomb and the US-Japan front), most of Europe would be speaking German now.  Germany's army was unstoppable...it took Paris, it neutralized the British navy (the most powerful wing of the Brit. empire), it took Poland, etc.  I'm not of German heritage, but damn, you gotta admire the determination of an army that was pretty small and in just a few years owned the entire world. 

True enough... Had Hitler been just a tad bit more patient, Germany would easily be the largest country in Europe and quite possibly having set their sites on the US after that, the US would most likely have been completely unprepared for the ensuing attack and would have been caught with their hands down and without Russia being able to focus from the East... Well, let's just say that the world would look different.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 11:39:36 PM »

Which "motherfucckers" would those be, the millions of voters who were disenfranchised through no fault of their own? Those motherfucckers?  ::)

You're only against it because it would work against your preferred candidate.  If the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be screaming the loudest to "let all the votes count".

Yes those dumb ass motherfuckers!, they were told that their vote would note count.  So unlike the estimated 2 million other people who decided not to vote because of that simple fact.    And even if there was a re vote, and Hillary won 55% to 45%, Obama would still be way ahead! in the delegates and would still have won more fuckin states then that bitch. However, Hillary is promoting to young kids, that if you break the rules, its ok and you should be able to get away with it.  And Obama says we should stick to the rules, as thats the right thing to do.  That is the type of man we need running America, not some rule breaking whore.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 11:43:28 PM »
Yes those dumb ass motherfuckers!, they were told that their vote would note count.  

So they should just accept that they don't get to vote in this election?  The state election officials broke the rules, not the voters.  I know you think Dubai is in India and all, but are you really that dumb?  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 11:46:29 PM »

So they should just accept that they don't get to vote in this election?  The state election officials broke the rules, not the voters.  I know you think Dubai is in India and all, but are you really that dumb?  ::)

I definitely see your point on their vote counting... personally, I think all votes SHOULD count.

This is definitely throwing out the baby with the bathwater so to speak.

I'd be good with a re-vote... give them each about 8 weeks to campaign and let the  voters go to down.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »

No their vote should not count cause they were told ahead of fuckin time that their stupid ass republican Governor broke the fuckin rules, yet the dumb Floridians still went out and voted.  Thats like telling students in a class, you can take this test, but it wont count towards your final mark ::).  Then why the fuck would i want to waste time writing a stupid test if i know its not going to count?? Thats something only dumb people do and did in FL & MI.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 11:54:08 PM »
True enough... Had Hitler been just a tad bit more patient, Germany would easily be the largest country in Europe and quite possibly having set their sites on the US after that, the US would most likely have been completely unprepared for the ensuing attack and would have been caught with their hands down and without Russia being able to focus from the East... Well, let's just say that the world would look different.

Definitely.  I think the tide turned when Einstein and his cohorts came along...if they hadn't "sold out" to us and given us that nuclear technology, there would have been no Hiroshima, no Nagasaki, and no US "win" in WW2.  Without those nuclear capabilities, we were not a superpower, and we would never have intimidated Japan or Germany into submission.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »
Definitely.  I think the tide turned when Einstein and his cohorts came along...if they hadn't "sold out" to us and given us that nuclear technology, there would have been no Hiroshima, no Nagasaki, and no US "win" in WW2.  Without those nuclear capabilities, we were not a superpower, and we would never have intimidated Japan or Germany into submission.

No doubt... That nuclear power has kept us on top of the world for 70 years.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
No doubt... That nuclear power has kept us on top of the world for 70 years.

If battles were now just about standing armies, and no technology, we'd get our asses kicked royally by China, Russia (or what's left of it now), etc.  It'll be interesting to look ahead 50 years and see where things will be then.  We've seen how much everything changed in the past 50 years...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 11:59:05 PM »
No their vote should not count cause they were told ahead of fuckin time that their stupid ass republican Governor broke the fuckin rules, yet the dumb Floridians still went out and voted.  Thats like telling students in a class, you can take this test, but it wont count towards your final mark ::).  Then why the fuck would i want to waste time writing a stupid test if i know its not going to count??

::)

You're clueless.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:49 AM »
If battles were now just about standing armies, and no technology, we'd get our asses kicked royally by China, Russia (or what's left of it now), etc.  It'll be interesting to look ahead 50 years and see where things will be then.  We've seen how much everything changed in the past 50 years...

Even if technology evens out, "numbers of soldiers" will never again be the factor it once was.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »

Which "motherfucckers" would those be, the millions of voters who were disenfranchised through no fault of their own? Those motherfucckers?  ::)

You're only against it because it would work against your preferred candidate.  If the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be screaming the loudest to "let all the votes count".

no, she clearly started at the start of the campaign there would be no re-count in those states, and now she wants to repeal that decision, which is her legal right, but will make her look untrustworthy and like someone who's word has no value.
b

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

You're right... the future of combat is going to be an interesting sight to see.

I'll say this about warfare though. Like someone said... I don't know what WWIII will be fought with... but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

;)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 12:03:15 AM »
no, she clearly started at the start of the campaign there would be no re-count in those states, and now she wants to repeal that decison, which is her legal right, but will make her look untrustworthy and someone who's word has no value.

I'm talking about the rights of the voters in those states, not about what hillary does or doesn't do.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »
but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

;)

You see that 80s movie "The Day After"?

You see "Red Dawn" too?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
no, she clearly started at the start of the campaign there would be no re-count in those states, and now she wants to repeal that decison, which is her legal right, but will make her look untrustworthy and like someone who's word has no value.

You mean a politician might lie?

I'm talking about the rights of the voters in those states, not about what hillary does or doesn't do.

I do think it goes against the laws of the voters of this country to deny them their say what so ever... How is this even legal?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »
You see that 80s movie "The Day After"?

You see "Red Dawn" too?

I haven't seen "The Day After".

I have Red Dawn on DVD... Wolverines bitches!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »

this was matt t's question...

Hell no!, those mother fuckers broke the rules!, and Clintons bitch ass keeps trying to make it happen. She didn't care about the FL & MI when she was ahead in delegates, now that she's behind, all of a sudden she all for a re vote ::).  Just shows you that she will do anything to win. How can any sane man vote for that whore?

this was your answer...

your answer to this question had nothing to do with voters rights, but if the votes should count.

next time say what you mean, or don't say anything at all.

you'll only bring your own intelligence into question, which is probably not a new thing for you anyway.
b

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »
You mean a politician might lie?

I do think it goes against the laws of the voters of this country to deny them their say what so ever... How is this even legal?

Since the general election is open to anybody (technically, the loser of a primary could run in the general as an independant), that is the only election voters have a "right" to.  Primaries are not mentioned in the Constitution.  I think that legally the primaries are "owned" in a way by the parties, but the government administers them, keeps them fair, etc.  That still doesn't make it right ethically to disenfranchise voters who otherwise would have had a right to participate in that primary. I don't know all the legal ins and outs of this, but I wonder what would happen if a voter in one of those states tried to sue over this?