Author Topic: Huckabee sides with Obama and Rev. Wright!  (Read 867 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Huckabee sides with Obama and Rev. Wright!
« on: March 20, 2008, 06:57:47 AM »
!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Huckabee sides with Obama and Rev. Wright!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »
Mike Huckabee was (still is) my choice for President.  This clip solidifies it for me. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:14:39 AM »
Obama has my vote now!  ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:28:13 AM »
Obama has my vote now!  ::)
He should. Oh yeah, its Ron Paul all the way to the Outhouse White House, right?  ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
An assist from an unexpected quarter:

"[Y]ou can't hold the candidate responsible for everything that people around him may say or do," Huckabee says. "It's interesting to me that there are some people on the left who are having to be very uncomfortable with what ... Wright said, when they all were all over a Jerry Falwell, or anyone on the right who said things that they found very awkward and uncomfortable, years ago. Many times those were statements lifted out of the context of a larger sermon. Sermons, after all, are rarely written word for word by pastors like Rev. Wright, who are delivering them extemporaneously, and caught up in the emotion of the moment. There are things that sometimes get said, that if you put them on paper and looked at them in print, you'd say 'Well, I didn't mean to say it quite like that.'"

Later, he defended Wright's anger, too:

"As easy as it is for those of us who are white to look back and say 'That's a terrible statement!' ... I grew up in a very segregated South. And I think that you have to cut some slack -- and I'm gonna be probably the only conservative in America who's gonna say something like this, but I'm just tellin' you -- we've gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names..."

!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
I see what he is saying (about the sermons) but this kind of negative message, yelling, inciting anger (from the pastor) does NOT help bring people together, does not promote racial harmony and is not the best way to motivate people to acheive and do better at this time.  In the 50s and 60s maybe this was the best way to force change, but this is the wrong message today.  This is Sharpton, Jackson and Farakhan's way...the old way, the angry and at times less rational way.  The older generation of blacks certainly have a lot they could legitimately be upset about...and most people are ashamed from what happened in this country's past, but things have changed greatly and most people have changed.  We are not the people of the past.  This kind of emphasis on the past and inciting anger, as Wright was continuing to do, does no good for anyone.  It keeps adding fuel to racial tensions on both sides.  That is the bottom line.  Understand history, learn from its mistakes and move forward in a better way.

Obama should have known better and picked a less radical church.  Not all black churches believe the things Wright was saying, and his sermons certainly didn't slip...this is what the man believes and seems to be a core principle of this church.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »
Mike Huckabee was (still is) my choice for President.  This clip solidifies it for me. 

I really like him too. 

Here is what he said about Wright (in part):

MSNBC HOST JOE SCARBOROUGH: But, but you never came close to saying five days after September 11 that America deserved what it got -- or that the American government invented AIDS...

HUCKABEE: Not defending his statements.

SCARBOROUGH: Oh, I know you're not. I know you're not. I'm just wondering though: For a lot of people ... would you not guess that there are a lot of independent voters in Arkansas that vote for Democrats sometimes, and vote for Republicans sometimes, that are sitting here wondering how Barack Obama's spiritual mentor would call the United States the US-KKK?

HUCKABEE: I mean, those were outrageous statements, and nobody can defend the content of them.