Author Topic: Cheney Says 'So?'  (Read 2776 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Cheney Says 'So?'
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »

On the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

---

And that, middle-class (and wannabe upper-class) White folks, is what I've been telling you all along - that Bush/Cheney could really care less about you, your children, or this country...and there's nothing you can do about it because you've given them a blank check with YOUR MONEY to do whatever they want with. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cheney Says 'So?'
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »
So what?

They told us in 2000 exactly what they'd do in the PNAC document:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

They've done it, down to a tee.   The new pearl harbor (911), the oil pipeline across arab states of afghanistan, iraq, and eventually iran, the series of wars for longterm US position.  This was all written down, they all signed it (Rummy, Jeb, Cheney, Wolfy, bolton, etc), and they have executed the plan to a tee.

They put it out there, and we voted for it.  We can't be mad now.  They did EXACTLY what they said they'd do. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
Cheney is a delusional jackass. To have a man of his mindset at the highest levels of power is/has been frightening. We can thank his weak ticker that he does not have the ability to run for president and continue the misguided policies he created. Or more likely, he wouldn't want to run even if in perfect health because he has been able to wield so much power behind the scenes without scrutiny.

I've never wished a heart attack or serious misfortune on another man, but regretfully sometimes with Chaney... :-X
!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »
Even if there is some truth in not making policies based on opinion polls, he comes across as arrogant and uncaring.  Thats why we don't see him interviewed much IMO.
He isn't delusional but has chosen a poor course in Iraq and instead of admitting error, he sticks with it like flies on shit.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:26:47 AM »
So what?

They told us in 2000 exactly what they'd do in the PNAC document:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

They've done it, down to a tee.   The new pearl harbor (911), the oil pipeline across arab states of afghanistan, iraq, and eventually iran, the series of wars for longterm US position.  This was all written down, they all signed it (Rummy, Jeb, Cheney, Wolfy, bolton, etc), and they have executed the plan to a tee.

They put it out there, and we voted for it.  We can't be mad now.  They did EXACTLY what they said they'd do. 

240.  99.9999% of americans live in ignorance or blindness.  Your lucky enought to be informed...but to most this is a slap in the face and a wake up call hopefully.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:31:23 AM »
On the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, ABC’s Good Morning America aired an interview with Vice President Cheney on the war. During the segment, Cheney flatly told White House correspondent Martha Raddatz that he doesn’t care about the American public’s views on the war:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

---

And that, middle-class (and wannabe upper-class) White folks, is what I've been telling you all along - that Bush/Cheney could really care less about you, your children, or this country...and there's nothing you can do about it because you've given them a blank check with YOUR MONEY to do whatever they want with. 

As distasteful as it sounds, he's right.  You do not determine military objectives based on public opinion polls, particularly when public opinion can be shaped in part by media coverage. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »
As distasteful as it sounds, he's right.  You do not determine military objectives based on public opinion polls, particularly when public opinion can be shaped in part by media coverage. 

Yeah. Fvck what americans want.   Its not "We the people"  Its "We the administration"    Lies to get us in and lies to get us out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »

Yeah. Fvck what americans want.   Its not "We the people"  Its "We the administration"    Lies to get us in and lies to get us out.

You can't let opinion polls dictate military strategy.   

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
You can't let opinion polls dictate military strategy.   

as always you miss the point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »

as always you miss the point.

Actually, you missed the point. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 10:59:52 AM »
Americans wanted to start the war.

We elected a guy who said he'd invade the middle east.  And we supported the war when it started.

Today, people don't want to 'finish' the war.  Cheney is being the grownup and making us finish our dinner.  We did support starting the war (the majority did).  

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
Americans wanted to start the war.

We elected a guy who said he'd invade the middle east.  And we supported the war when it started.

Today, people don't want to 'finish' the war.  Cheney is being the grownup and making us finish our dinner.  We did support starting the war (the majority did).  

It was a lie and now our american way of life is being tested on all fronts.....we cant save the world by killing ourselves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »
It was a lie

He told us in 2000 he would invade the middle east.

We voted for him and gave him power to do what he said he'd do.

That's about it.  Maybe next time we'll read the fine print before voting lol...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 11:12:54 AM »

That's about it.  Maybe next time we'll read the fine print before voting lol...

The fine print is getting finer and soon itll be nonexistant.    BTW  Do 2 wrongs=one right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »
so what? I think that most of us here know how uninformed the general public is about most things...think about talking about workouts with some random person, or worse nutrition. The publics views do change and there was a time when the public thought iraq was a threat. The president, ANY president cant change policy on the whims of public opinion.
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=544

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »

We were also told by Bush/Cheney that they opposed nationbuilding.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »
my point is that love him or hate him, dick cheney told us in 2000 what he would do in the white house.

it's 2008, and he's wrapping up everything he said he would do.

I'm betting if one of the presidential nominees decides to write another PNAC this summer, people might pay a tad more attention this time lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »
We were also told by Bush/Cheney that they opposed nationbuilding.

Does it look like very much is getting built in iraq?  ;)

OneBigMan

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
I just read the very first statement by screen name "Tre" who started this topic about our vice president Mr. Cheney. I'm responding because of what everyone needs to know about our foreign policy in the middle east. The presidential administration in power does not function according to opinion polls or how popular their policies are with the american people that live under the roof of the USA. By pledging allegiance to being a conservative, you are supposed to already know that our military people do what they want to in a foreign country and that is something that any republican is supposed to easy accept in a minding your own business type of way.

I still have respect for Mr. Cheney because his feelings about dismissing what that ABC news lady told him in that interview are about not second guessing himself or how our military has determined that they will not retreat from Iraq until maybe the next few years at the earliest. What I'm saying to all of you reading this is that this very no nonsense administration will be fighting until the very last weeks of their 8 years in office and any hard working blue collar lunch pail pick-up truck type of patriotic person knew that since the day the administration had their inauguration the month after the end of December of 2000. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
I just read the very first statement by screen name "Tre" who started this topic about our vice president Mr. Cheney. I'm responding because of what everyone needs to know about our foreign policy in the middle east. The presidential administration in power does not function according to opinion polls or how popular their policies are with the american people that live under the roof of the USA. By pledging allegiance to being a conservative, you are supposed to already know that our military people do what they want to in a foreign country and that is something that any republican is supposed to easy accept in a minding your own business type of way.

I still have respect for Mr. Cheney because his feelings about dismissing what that ABC news lady told him in that interview are about not second guessing himself or how our military has determined that they will not retreat from Iraq until maybe the next few years at the earliest. What I'm saying to all of you reading this is that this very no nonsense administration will be fighting until the very last weeks of their 8 years in office and any hard working blue collar lunch pail pick-up truck type of patriotic person knew that since the day the administration had their inauguration the month after the end of December of 2000. 

I can't recall Bush/Cheney running on that platform.  In fact the Cheney of the 1990's was opposed to occupying Iraq.  The George Bush of 2000 was highly critical of the Clinton Administration for the "outrageous" increase in the price of gas.   I do remember Bush running on a platform of no nation building.  I don't recall him saying anything about fighting terror.  I do recall Bush's Sec. of State Powell saying that Saddam was completely contained and not a threat. 

Regarding Cheney's comments - he clearly doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks anymore.   What kind of politician/public servant responds with that kind of comment?

OneBigMan

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »
I understand your complains. My point is that regardless of what Mr.Cheney says and the way he behaves on camera by dismissing the opinion polls that a reporter tells him, he believes that FREEDOM is on the march in Iraq every single day and retreating is not a option until at least maybe next year or later down the line. I'm sorry I have to repeat this, but any everyday hard working blue collar lunch pail pick-up truck patriot is and has been aware of this since the end of Decision 2000 that was won by this administration.

Ask any of your patriotic friends what they think about Mr. Cheney being using defiance and not second guessing himself about the military in Iraq.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »

thanks for your opinion, dick.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 01:44:29 PM »
I understand your complains. My point is that regardless of what Mr.Cheney says and the way he behaves on camera by dismissing the opinion polls that a reporter tells him, he believes that FREEDOM is on the march in Iraq every single day and retreating is not a option until at least maybe next year or later down the line. I'm sorry I have to repeat this, but any everyday hard working blue collar lunch pail pick-up truck patriot is and has been aware of this since the end of Decision 2000 that was won by this administration.

Ask any of your patriotic friends what they think about Mr. Cheney being using defiance and not second guessing himself about the military in Iraq.

you can repeat it all you want but I'm saying that the average person (certainly Joe six pack) in December 2000 did not expect the Bush Administration to be waging a 6 year war in Iraq.

Even Rummy and McCain are on record saying this thing would be a cake walk and basically suggesting we'd wrap it up in a few weeks/months and spend the summer 2003 having victory parades.

Cheney should have just told that reporter to fuck off and basically that's what he did without actually saying it. 

BTW - all my patriotic friends think Cheney is a criminal.

OneBigMan

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »
Please don't refer to me as being like Mr. Cheney in any way.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
Please don't refer to me as being like Mr. Cheney in any way.

i'm just saying youre a dick, that's all.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com