Author Topic: LEE PRIEST to compete at 2008 Atlantic City Pro  (Read 10498 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: LEE PRIEST to compete at 2008 Atlantic City Pro
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »
What's in it for you Chick?  I find it hard to believe that you would assist someone like Lee, knowing full well of the hatred he has spewed at you.

Maybe you are just acting from the goodness of your heart Chick.  However, history shows that Lee is not the most stable of individuals and has a very nasty side.

I just hope you know what you are doing Chick.

Nothing is in it for me.....it's just what I do.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »
Bob. this will give you some street cred if you can beat Lee in a show... 8)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:42 PM »
What's in it for you Chick?  I find it hard to believe that you would assist someone like Lee, knowing full well of the hatred he has spewed at you.

Maybe you are just acting from the goodness of your heart Chick.  However, history shows that Lee is not the most stable of individuals and has a very nasty side.

Do you EVER get tired of switching from all these different gimmicks Sean? BTW, Bob is risking NOTHING by helping Lee. This is what he is supposed to do, why would there be any repercussions?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »

Actually, if i remember correctly, Bob said that he and Lee get on fine. Both have been in this game for a long time. They just go back and forth and take little shots at each other. Mates do that. Don't believe everything you read online.
No doubt about it...

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »
Chick i think it is admirable of you, dont get me wrong.  You are working for the athletes and are showing no fear or favour.

I suppose i just grew a little suspicious when it became clear that you would be acting for Lee.  You both have taken many pot shots at each other over the years...what was that all about?  Was it all just theatrics?

Lee does deserve another chance.  He owes a lot to you now Chick.  I just hope he doesn't screw this opportunity over!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2008, 09:20:51 PM »
Chick i think it is admirable of you, dont get me wrong.  You are working for the athletes and are showing no fear or favour.

I suppose i just grew a little suspicious when it became clear that you would be acting for Lee.  You both have taken many pot shots at each other over the years...what was that all about?  Was it all just theatrics?

Lee does deserve another chance.  He owes a lot to you now Chick.  I just hope he doesn't screw this opportunity over!

I think he got the message....

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:51 PM »
Do you EVER get tired of switching from all these different gimmicks Sean? BTW, Bob is risking NOTHING by helping Lee. This is what he is supposed to do, why would there be any repercussions?

actually, unless lee was allowed to renew his pro card, he wasnt/isnt an ifbb athlete and therefore bob wasnt/isnt his rep. bob isnt 'supposed' to do anything, but he knows lee priest = fans & money.

lee will win (gifted) the under 202lb class at the olympia or whereever it is next, which is y he'll be let in with time to qualify.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38:45 PM »
actually, unless lee was allowed to renew his pro card, he wasnt/isnt an ifbb athlete and therefore bob wasnt/isnt his rep. bob isnt 'supposed' to do anything, but he knows lee priest = fans & money.

lee will win (gifted) the under 202lb class at the olympia or whereever it is next, which is y he'll be let in with time to qualify.

You're right...I'm under no obligation to help Lee. It was my choice....

As for being "gifted" anything...not likely.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Chick, does bodybuilding really need another Lee?  

He caused so much havoc when he was a legitimate Pro.  

As you are well aware, he said some terrible things about this organisation.  He claimed it was corrupt and riddled with double standards and dirty-underhanded dealings.

I am still surprised that he has been given yet another chance; with an organisation that he has 'openly declared' such a disdain and loathing for!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
You're right...I'm under no obligation to help Lee. It was my choice....

C'mon , not even a gift offer of a free reading from the psychic cat followed by a Bob bowl on Lee P at the Firehouse and possible back rub with lotion back at the pad? ;D
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

personally, I think Lee will win the class easily.

But in the past, you did say that 2 of Lee's 3 wins were "gifts".  I can dig up the quote if you want, but it's probably better to let sleeping dogs lie...

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »
Hank Shawn is pissed because he already tried to take credit for Lee's reinstatement at the IRONMAN Pro.
Elevate Your Image.™

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »
Boy lee is quiet on this.   hes being a good boy,, 8)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »
personally, I think Lee will win the class easily.

But in the past, you did say that 2 of Lee's 3 wins were "gifts".  I can dig up the quote if you want, but it's probably better to let sleeping dogs lie...

I still believe that...nothing changes.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »
lets face it - he was gifted in the ifbb, even chick acknowledges this, he was gifted in the pdi, and will at least be gifted ahead of guys more deserving when he competes next, if not given 1st. he's been in ifbb long enough to 'earn' it.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »
Look, i hope Lee can make a go of this unique opportunity.  He has been thrown a lifeline and now must grab it with gusto.

Lee has made many mistakes throughout a chequered career with the IFBB.  I have stood in harsh judgment of this man.  In many ways, i believe he has become a liability to the sport.  However, i am prepared to let bygones be bygones.

Lee has been given the chance to reinvent himself.   Forces within the IFBB have seen fit to give this rebel another chance.

Lee owes much gratitude to the likes of Chick and many within the hierarchy.  Just hope this person has now learnt from his many past mistakes.

Long live bodybuilding.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »
But in the past, you did say that 2 of Lee's 3 wins were "gifts".  I can dig up the quote if you want, but it's probably better to let sleeping dogs lie...

little suga'...little spice...quite complex indeed

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »
little suga'...little spice...quite complex indeed

yeah, 90% of the time I can't even detail every potential intricacy and direction that a single line will deliver.  Sometimes it misses, sometimes it delivers, sometimes it spawns something I didn't see coming.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 09:56:15 PM »
In many ways, i believe he has become a liability to the sport.  However, i am prepared to let bygones be bygones.

you're too generous

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
Easy on Getbiggers.  Chick should be applauded for his stance in the 'Lee Case'.  Afterall, he is the Athlete's Rep.

Lee is a complex character, some would even go as far as saying he is a 'flawed genius'.

Over the years,i have been locked in many a battle with the mighty Priest.  At times things have got nasty. However, i respect his right to be given a 'second chance'.  

It will be interesting to see whether the little guy now takes the opportunity and runs with it in both hands.

Good luck to you Lee.

AVBG

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
Lee's better days are definitely behind him, besides awesome arms now there's the back tattoo that's disfigured the separation and no amount of dream-tan can fix that fuck-up.

Cue now for the ever predictable  iluvleepriest to chime in..3..2..1

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:29 PM »
I just hope Lee knows what he is getting himself into?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »
I just hope Lee knows what he is getting himself into?

The IFBB.

Hope this helps.
No doubt about it...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »
Lee's better days are definitely behind him, besides awesome arms now there's the back tattoo that's disfigured the separation and no amount of dream-tan can fix that fuck-up.

yep, exactly what i was thinking, yet we shall see how much it does affect him come posing time. why he even did it, as a bber, is waay beyond me. but of course, the fix IS in, and he'll do well in his return show, even without a back lol.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 11:17:25 PM »
When is Lee going to sue the IFBB like he PROMISED?