Author Topic: Important notice for IFBB Pros - don't do this show!  (Read 12351 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Important notice for IFBB Pros - don't do this show!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
Oh yeah.  The USA's.   classic... ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
The notice of this show was put out because the promoter was putting out false information to competitors as it relates to the IFBB and NPC. He claimed to have IFBB and NPC judges involved with the show.

He also claims:

We Will Be Giving Away
3 BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE OVERALL WINNERS!!! MEN, WOMEN and FIGURE!!!

NO Bull • No Politics • No Name Judging
Best Man, Best Women and Best Figure Girl will win a car!!!

We are also giving away a brand new Motorcycle Cruiser at our Party!!!

EACH CLASS WINNER
GETS A $1,000.00 USD GIFT CARD!
(CAR WINNERS EXCLUDED)

TOP 6 GET A SPECIAL TROPHY!

SPECIAL AWARDS FOR BEST POSER AND MOST RIPPED!

EVERY COMPETITOR GETS A Free T-Shirt!
I applaud this promoter for trying to put on a greats show for bodybuilders. I am glad you posted the facts here.
I read the guys posts about his show on oher boards and while he seems sincere he just can't get over the fact that the NPC/ IFBb don't want to be involved with his event as they are NOT sanctioned by the NPC or IFBB.
It is his right too have a show and invite anyone to be in it. It is also the right of the NPC and IFBB to NOT endorse it.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
The notice of this show was put out because the promoter was putting out false information to competitors as it relates to the IFBB and NPC. He claimed to have IFBB and NPC judges involved with the show.

He also claims:

We Will Be Giving Away
3 BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE OVERALL WINNERS!!! MEN, WOMEN and FIGURE!!!

NO Bull • No Politics • No Name Judging
Best Man, Best Women and Best Figure Girl will win a car!!!

We are also giving away a brand new Motorcycle Cruiser at our Party!!!

EACH CLASS WINNER
GETS A $1,000.00 USD GIFT CARD!
(CAR WINNERS EXCLUDED)

TOP 6 GET A SPECIAL TROPHY!

SPECIAL AWARDS FOR BEST POSER AND MOST RIPPED!

EVERY COMPETITOR GETS A Free T-Shirt!

Damn, you just sold that show pretty well.  If I had a 'hot bod', I'd totally enter.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »
No wonder the IFBB put up a notice about this.   :o That's a lotta prizes. Hey Issac, why do you say they are making false claims?
The promoter stated a number of times to competitors that they could openly compete in this show without any problems as a NPC competitor, which as Chick reiterated is not the case.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »

Damn, you just sold that show pretty well.  If I had a 'hot bod', I'd totally enter.
The PDI sounded great to a few too.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:01 PM »
The PDI sounded great to a few too.

NOC 2006 had 1500 asses in chairs.  NOC 2007 would have been close to that.
Cancer changes everything.  Prayers with Wayne.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Don't play that card Rob.

What about the MMA fight you were helping promote that sounded great as well?
Elevate Your Image.™

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
Perhaps this promoter could call "Dictator Weider" and arrange a showing in the office if you know what i mean..... :-X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:29 PM »

Asses in chairs don't pay bills....paying customers do.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

Sweet.  So the O doesn't comp tickets then?   Very cool!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »

And technically, any promoter worth his pinto beans could break even on an expo/advertising if he can guarantee 1500 people from a target audience will sit still for 90 minutes.  You can give away seats and still make $ by selling ad and expo space.  Getting 1500 weightlifting, muscle worshipping NY BBers into one room should be profitable.  But why go down this road again?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »
And technically, any promoter worth his pinto beans could break even on an expo/advertising if he can guarantee 1500 people from a target audience will sit still for 90 minutes.  You can give away seats and still make $ by selling ad and expo space.  Getting 1500 weightlifting, muscle worshipping NY BBers into one room should be profitable.  But why go down this road again?

Yep...you're right...too bad the NOC didn't have an expo, or any advertisers for that matter....

As for comping seats...The Olympia doesn't comp anywhere NEAR 1500 seats...closer to 150 would be accurate for an audience of nearly 10,000

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 09:58:22 PM »
Yep...you're right...too bad the NOC didn't have an expo, or any advertisers for that matter....

I offerred up my www.300Expo.com services, but it just wasn't in the cards. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
The promoter stated a number of times to competitors that they could openly compete in this show without any problems as a NPC competitor, which as Chick reiterated is not the case.

The promoter is 100% correct in stating this!!!!! The NPC does not stop any "pros" other than the one's from the IFBB from competing in their Org.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
The promoter is 100% correct in stating this!!!!! The NPC does not stop any "pros" other than the one's from the IFBB from competing in their Org.
Where did I mention pros? I was referring to NPC competitors not pros.

Besides are there really any other pros besides the IFBB?  ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »
Where did I mention pros? I was referring to NPC competitors not pros.

Besides are there really any other pros besides the IFBB?  ;)

OK let me spell this out for you. What you posted below..

"The promoter stated a number of times to competitors that they could openly compete in this show without any problems as a NPC competitor, which as Chick reiterated is not the case. "  Is NOT true!!!!!!!!! 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »
"The promoter stated a number of times to competitors that they could openly compete in this show without any problems as a NPC competitor, which as Chick reiterated is not the case. "  Is NOT true!!!!!!!!! 

do we really need to list once again all the Musclemania pros (those receiving cash prizes) who continue to compete in the NPC ?   What about WNBF pros ?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 11:20:50 PM »
do we really need to list once again all the Musclemania pros (those receiving cash prizes) who continue to compete in the NPC ?   What about WNBF pros ?

Exactly, I personally train a pro in a natural org that has entered many NPC shows and they know about this persons pro status.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 11:29:14 PM »
Let me give just one example:  Shiloe Steinmetz.  Won the NGA Pro Natural Olympus in 2003.  Entered the WNBF Pro Natural America in 2004.  Also entered the NPC Junior Nationals and IFBB North American in 2004.   Most recently won the heavyweight class of Team Universe in 2007 and came in 15 in the World Amateur Championship.

however I think the real reason for the IFBB Pro League warning is that on the poster hanging at Gold's Venice advertising this contest in Las Vegas it implies that some IFBB pros will be guest posing or otherwise in attendance.   The IFBB is now saying that pros cannot because the contest is not a sanctioned event. 

But back in November I attended Coloso in Mexico City, a non-sanctioned contest held the exact same day as the IFBB Mexican Championships (that was the IFBB's choice, as Coloso has been held at that time for a dozen or so years).   Coloso had an IFBB pro, Gustavo Badell, in attendance, signing autographs, handing out a couple of trophies.  He was even used in the advertisements for the contest.   (I remember he was also on an oxygen tank most of the time I saw him.  sure it's 7000 feet, but come on.   he's suppose to be an athlete.)

if this is really an IFBB rule, then once again, they only enforce it when it's convenient.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 04:59:10 AM »
wow, a rule has been broken.

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 06:04:04 AM »

I was there. It was a full house. Wow...cancer...did not know that. How is he?

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
Let me give just one example:  Shiloe Steinmetz.  Won the NGA Pro Natural Olympus in 2003.  Entered the WNBF Pro Natural America in 2004.  Also entered the NPC Junior Nationals and IFBB North American in 2004.   Most recently won the heavyweight class of Team Universe in 2007 and came in 15 in the World Amateur Championship.

however I think the real reason for the IFBB Pro League warning is that on the poster hanging at Gold's Venice advertising this contest in Las Vegas it implies that some IFBB pros will be guest posing or otherwise in attendance.   The IFBB is now saying that pros cannot because the contest is not a sanctioned event. 

But back in November I attended Coloso in Mexico City, a non-sanctioned contest held the exact same day as the IFBB Mexican Championships (that was the IFBB's choice, as Coloso has been held at that time for a dozen or so years).   Coloso had an IFBB pro, Gustavo Badell, in attendance, signing autographs, handing out a couple of trophies.  He was even used in the advertisements for the contest.   (I remember he was also on an oxygen tank most of the time I saw him.  sure it's 7000 feet, but come on.   he's suppose to be an athlete.)

if this is really an IFBB rule, then once again, they only enforce it when it's convenient.   

all words here ring true

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 06:15:10 AM »
What about Goodrum he is a pro.  He should enter this show.  Also, who is the promoter.  I think I know.But I thought the date was going to be in September

Moosejay

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 06:17:09 AM »
My only question is how will this be a money-maker with, well, what has to be over 50k in prizes? Is the promoter wealthy beyond compare where he does this out of love for bb?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 06:18:28 AM »
Also, I think an amateur can be awarded money and still be an amatuer if it was a non sanctioned event.  Like say a NPC guy goes out and enter some contest at a bar and wins $500.  I don't think that constitutes him as a Pro now.  It was non-sanctioned.  But I could be wrong.  But I always thought that.  As an armwrestler, you could go do many events at fairs, and bars and places and make money but still compete as an amatuer.  BB being sucha major sport and mainstream maybe the rules are different