Author Topic: Bush's War on Frontline - Mon & Tues  (Read 2256 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bush's War on Frontline - Mon & Tues
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »
I bet that French dude, hasnt stopping laughing his ass off since that day he hooked up with Powell.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 12:09:22 AM »
That was the basics of it. They just called it a major blunder on his part, that Blair was too confident but too inexperienced, wanted to look like a man of his word. I got the impression that he really thought that the weapons inspections were going to work out and that they wouldn't have to go to war. I think he shit a brick when he found out the the push for war was coming fast and hard.

For some reason  Wolfowitz's and Rumsfields claims that it would take much less then hundreds of thousends of troops struck me as amusing, I remember when that whole thing was playing out, just one more screw up in collections of many blunders.

Good documentary.

LOL... Wrong of Frontline trust me, wrong of frontline...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »
I bet that French dude, hasnt stopping laughing his ass off since that day he hooked up with Powell.
yea, but those guys are just mockery giggle happy :D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »
Not quite, but what I'm saying is he saw a practical match in his ideology of the West's mission in the world and the neocon's mission.  add in a little "the end justifies the means" and whala...  Blair had his stipulations to get on board, they met that with the help of Blair's plagiarist friends at 10 Downing Street.

What are you basing this on?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:16 AM »
What are you basing this on?
What part?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
What part?

That he had an agenda.  WIth Bush and Cheney the Wolfowitz connection was pretty apparent.  Who or what was the Blair equivalent?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »
LOL... Wrong of Frontline trust me, wrong of frontline...

got any links to information that makes you think that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
That he had an agenda.  WIth Bush and Cheney the Wolfowitz connection was pretty apparent.  Who or what was the Blair equivalent?
Because he long before had an ideology of spreading freedom/democracy throughout the world and spoke on it being a duty of the west.  In this he probably saw the end result that met with his own ideology. I use to love Tony Blair, considered him one of the most brilliant men to enter politics so for me, it's a great pain knowing what could have been and what was. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:05 AM »
got any links to information that makes you think that.
Links to disprove he was to inexperienced... no I don't have those links, just based on years and years of watching him in action.  Inexperienced is the very last thing that comes to mind with Tony.  He did not get casually played by the Bush admin... Quite impossible.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 12:52:59 AM »
Links to disprove he was to inexperienced... no I don't have those links, just based on years and years of watching him in action.  Inexperienced is the very last thing that comes to mind with Tony.  He did not get casually played by the Bush admin... Quite impossible.

You already answerd what I was trying to ask in the above post.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 12:56:32 AM »
You already answerd what I was trying to ask in the above post.
cool, I've spent a stupid amount of time with this stuff so if there's anything else I can give my personal opinion on, just shoot.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »
It's interesting to see how the documentary spells out Bush's choice to widen the war on Al Qaeda to include any country that's used/supported terrorist tactics so that Iraq could be roped into the fray.

He should have thought that through a little more. 

After all, it was his father that helped arm the Salvadorean and Nicaraguan death squads back in the 1980s....Iran/Contra Affair.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 06:56:33 AM »
I thought this was very well done...facts without alot of bias from the people who lived it and made the decisions.
L