Author Topic: BCAA supplements  (Read 10817 times)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
BCAA supplements
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »
I always read and hear on videos how good it is to take BCAA suppliments before/during workouts.

I have tried several like Extend and they always make me feel like shit...sick, light headed, weak, indigestion

Does anyone else have these issues with BCAAs?

Now i just drink a whey blend with water 1 hour before lifting, i don't have problems with whey that has
added BCAAs

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: BCAA suppliments
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
maybe its the caffiene in the extend?   because bcaa's SHOULDNT effect you in that way.

i use powdered bcaa's from dymatize and sip on them before/during and have soem in my after shake as well.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
maybe its the caffiene in the extend?   because bcaa's SHOULDNT effect you in that way.

i use powdered bcaa's from dymatize and sip on them before/during and have soem in my after shake as well.

right now i take Lipo 6....and when i am not taking those i drink 2 cups of coffee a day without the effects
so i don't think it is caffeine....maybe it is the flavoring they use or something else?? not sure but it is not
fun

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

are you sure about there being caffeine in Extend? Ive never seen it listed in the ingredients

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
i guess not, i assumed there was because most pre workout supps have it in their, and the "sick, light headed, indigestion" all sound like someone who took in cafffiene that is sensitive to it..

looking at the ingredient list on xtend, i dont see anything that should effect anybody like that.  and the two sweeteners it uses are both very common.   so im not sure why you had a bad reaction to it.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
I always read and hear on videos how good it is to take BCAA suppliments before/during workouts.

I have tried several like Extend and they always make me feel like shit...sick, light headed, weak, indigestion

Does anyone else have these issues with BCAAs?

Now i just drink a whey blend with water 1 hour before lifting, i don't have problems with whey that has
added BCAAs

I haven't had such problems. For my during-workout drink, I use liquid amino acids, mixed with a creatine-dextrose product (i.e. Phosphagen HP), a hint of glutamine, and (until I ran out of it) WaxiMaize.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »
I've never heard of anything like that about BCAA's. I have about 10 grams in my water bottle at the gym & never have any problems.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:28:46 AM »

i do the same only i use the powder from ON and take 5 grams before and 5 grams during and 10 grams after....ive never had a problem with it at all...and i would even say that now if i dont have it in the gym with me i feel shitty...maybe its a mind thing but i feel better almost like its more refreshing? when drinking it in the gym as opposed to plain water..

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »
What I don't get is why people take BCAA's...if you take a high quality protien supplement you're already getting them so why spend the money on them again when you could buy more protien shakes or other products. I've just started using the Nitrean I've won in this forums deadlift comp and can't get enough of it. It's LOADED for sure! I jsut don't see the point of taking in more BCAA's when most of them (save glutamine) are found in damn near all your protien supplements out htere including your food. if you feel it gives you an edge though or are diet iffy..it can't hurt though.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »
What I don't get is why people take BCAA's...if you take a high quality protien supplement you're already getting them so why spend the money on them again when you could buy more protien shakes or other products. I've just started using the Nitrean I've won in this forums deadlift comp and can't get enough of it. It's LOADED for sure! I jsut don't see the point of taking in more BCAA's when most of them (save glutamine) are found in damn near all your protien supplements out htere including your food. if you feel it gives you an edge though or are diet iffy..it can't hurt though.
in my opinion...bcaa's should be the #1 supplement,...meaning...if your only going to buy ONE thing, make it bcaa's.     drinking bcaa's DURING your workout is, in my opinion, the best thing to supplement. period.   whey protein is too much to drink on while i workout.. if you can handle that amount of nutrients, and can get an isolate with high bcaa content, then i guess dirnking that while you are workig out will work just as well...but for me, bcaa's only way to go

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »
in my opinion...bcaa's should be the #1 supplement,...meaning...if your only going to buy ONE thing, make it bcaa's.     drinking bcaa's DURING your workout is, in my opinion, the best thing to supplement. period.   whey protein is too much to drink on while i workout.. if you can handle that amount of nutrients, and can get an isolate with high bcaa content, then i guess dirnking that while you are workig out will work just as well...but for me, bcaa's only way to go

Good point, although I do feel that when dieting Whey does have it's place post workout in your supplement arsenal especially if you are going low carb
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
Good point, although I do feel that when dieting Whey does have it's place post workout in your supplement arsenal especially if you are going low carb
yeah true that, but liquid egg whites could be sustituted in for whey... nothing can sustitue for bcaa supp.s.. thats why i say number 1 supp..because theres no substitue..

also, fish oil/flax oil'...but there are FOODS that you can get omega 3's from...so again, i say bcaa's #1 supplement because no substitute!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

good point and it depends on the person..i need somethign to feel like food in my stomach. if it's just liquid it doens't ever sit well. plus it depends on the sources you get it from..a quality supplement is always good people but I can see if you're not using whey that bcaa's are a good deal..

problem is for the amoutn you have to take the price is right there with each other most of the time.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
yeah true that, but liquid egg whites could be sustituted in for whey... nothing can sustitue for bcaa supp.s.. thats why i say number 1 supp..because theres no substitue..

also, fish oil/flax oil'...but there are FOODS that you can get omega 3's from...so again, i say bcaa's #1 supplement because no substitute!

wrong again cocky, you can get BCAAs from all sorts of protein sources, how about a rare commodity aka milk.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »
wrong again cocky, you can get BCAAs from all sorts of protein sources, how about a rare commodity aka milk.

better yet...CHOCOLATE MILK!  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
do you really think that is what i meant..???

i think its obvious you know what i meant..

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 06:44:38 PM »
do you really think that is what i meant..???

i think its obvious you know what i meant..

what? you said nothing can substitute for BCAA's then used the analogy below

"also, fish oil/flax oil'...but there are FOODS that you can get omega 3's from...so again, i say bcaa's #1 supplement because no substitute!"

so we must take in essential fats but you say there is no need to supplement because you can get it from food, then say there is no substitute for BCAA;S. However, you can get these from food to, so what is your point?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
in my opinion...bcaa's should be the #1 supplement,...meaning...if your only going to buy ONE thing, make it bcaa's.     drinking bcaa's DURING your workout is, in my opinion, the best thing to supplement. period.  whey protein is too much to drink on while i workout.. if you can handle that amount of nutrients, and can get an isolate with high bcaa content, then i guess dirnking that while you are workig out will work just as well...but for me, bcaa's only way to go

stop looking for points to "own" people on and get a life, huh??

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
stop looking for points to "own" people on and get a life, huh??

your the only tool i look to own. Hows pro bodybuilding treating you?

every point you make is retarded and you have no idea about nutrition whatsoever, but continue to dispense advice and act like you know it all. Nobody listens to you anyway.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
translation:  Candidiot owned. 

<<end of thread>>

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 12:22:18 PM »
your the only tool i look to own. Hows pro bodybuilding treating you?

every point you make is retarded and you have no idea about nutrition whatsoever, but continue to dispense advice and act like you know it all. Nobody listens to you anyway.
oh ok buddy ...   you are a genuis...   my bad i didnt repeat myself and say that bcaa's cant be substitued because the only other ways to get them puts too much weight in my stomach and i dont ever get a good workout with too much inside my stomach...

i think to everyone with half a brain...it was fairly obvious that that was what i meant

and if you honestly think that something like chicken is a good substitue for bcaa's, even if you can train on a full stomach, you dont know much about amino acid profiles and the density of nutrients inside whole food.. your going to have to eat alot of chicken top get 15 grams of the bcaa's

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
coltrane-
i have read this book already, before you suggested reading it.
you might be suprised by this, since you seem to think i dont know shit about anything, but i actually have read quite a bit and i speak from what i have learned from EXPERTS..not just shit i make up.

in my opinion, yes, chris aceto knows nutrition. but how well can one person actually "know" nutrition? there is only so much to learn on the overall subject...   and there are millions of people around the world that have a great knowledge on the basics of nutrition.   chris aceto cant know ANYMORE about the general fielld than any of the rest of us.   but he acts like he does.. and he is always talking about some "latest greatest" supplement that know ones ever heard about, and that youw ont hear about again after he mentions it.   

does he know more than i do? of course.   

but i know just as much about the general field of nutrition. because there is only so much to know.

if you want my opinion of truly good nutritionists...   check out mario di pasquale, lyle mcdonald, dave palumbo, milos sarcev and last but not least dan duchaine

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
oh ok buddy ...   you are a genuis...   my bad i didnt repeat myself and say that bcaa's cant be substitued because the only other ways to get them puts too much weight in my stomach and i dont ever get a good workout with too much inside my stomach...

i think to everyone with half a brain...it was fairly obvious that that was what i meant

and if you honestly think that something like chicken is a good substitue for bcaa's, even if you can train on a full stomach, you dont know much about amino acid profiles and the density of nutrients inside whole food.. your going to have to eat alot of chicken top get 15 grams of the bcaa's
hahahahhaa, you don't need 15 grams of BCAA's you fuccking moron, you make yourself sound like you're a 275 pound ripped IFBB pro inclining 405 for sets of 10 and bending bars on every other exercise, gimme a fucckin' break. ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
oh okay dave i forgot you know how to supplement correctly my bad

;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »
coltrane-
i have read this book already, before you suggested reading it.
you might be suprised by this, since you seem to think i dont know shit about anything, but i actually have read quite a bit and i speak from what i have learned from EXPERTS..not just shit i make up.

in my opinion, yes, chris aceto knows nutrition. but how well can one person actually "know" nutrition? there is only so much to learn on the overall subject...   and there are millions of people around the world that have a great knowledge on the basics of nutrition.   chris aceto cant know ANYMORE about the general fielld than any of the rest of us.   but he acts like he does.. and he is always talking about some "latest greatest" supplement that know ones ever heard about, and that youw ont hear about again after he mentions it.   

does he know more than i do? of course.   

but i know just as much about the general field of nutrition. because there is only so much to know.

if you want my opinion of truly good nutritionists...   check out mario di pasquale, lyle mcdonald, dave palumbo, milos sarcev and last but not least dan duchaine

actually there is so much to know in the field of nutrition that people base phds around single nutrient metabolism, particular enzymes etc...

your analogy is like saying einstein cant know more about physics because there is only so much to know. Another one of your examples bites the dust, you should read a book on logic and lose all the fallacies you commit on this site daily. I know more about nutrition then you because i have been educated in it and continue to be. You have no idea how complex biochemistry is, and perhaps couldnt name one of the thousands of enzymes involved in digestion, the basics on the krebs or citric acid cycle, gluconeogenesis, glycolysis, the electron transport chaing, mitochondrial vs cytoplasmic processes or the complete metabolism of tyrosine. the interplay in the body is mindboggling and no one person could ever hope to know all the processes, not even close. Thats not even including pharmacology

you cant get an education in this off the internet and there is more to this then you can fathom, so yes experts know more then you, and each knows more about particular topics. they talk in laymens terms for people like you.

so my advice to you is stop acting like you know it all, because you dont even know the basics.