Author Topic: Just when you think Wal-Mart can't stoop any lower.....  (Read 2147 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: Just when you think Wal-Mart can't stoop any lower.....
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »
  Hot damn, 240! I didn't expect the thread to take a turn like this. Glad you're okay.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
thanks man :)

About this news story - the brain-damaged woman walmart worker whom they are suing for everything...

Countdown on MSNBC just did a 'worst persons in the world' story on walmart's CEO for allowing this.  They said they'll continue until walmart makes things right. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »
thanks man :)

About this news story - the brain-damaged woman walmart worker whom they are suing for everything...

Countdown on MSNBC just did a 'worst persons in the world' story on walmart's CEO for allowing this.  They said they'll continue until walmart makes things right. 

yeah i was watching that....keith is brutal..lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 05:44:45 AM »
Clinton Remained Silent As Wal-Mart Fought Unions
Tapes Reviewed by ABC News Show Clinton As a Loyal Company Woman

By Brian Ross, Maddy Sauer and Rhonda Schwartz

Jan. 31, 2008 —

In six years as a member of the Wal-Mart board of directors, between 1986 and 1992, Hillary Clinton remained silent as the world's largest retailer waged a major campaign against labor unions seeking to represent store workers.

Clinton has been endorsed for president by more than a dozen unions, according to her campaign Web site, which omits any reference to her role at Wal-Mart in its detailed biography of her.

Wal-Mart's anti-union efforts were headed by one of Clinton's fellow board members, John Tate, a Wal-Mart executive vice president who also served on the board with Clinton for four of her six years.

Tate was fond of repeating, as he did at a managers meeting in 2004 after his retirement, what he said was his favorite phrase, "Labor unions are nothing but blood-sucking parasites living off the productive labor of people who work for a living."

Wal-Mart says Tate's comments "were his own and do not reflect Wal-Mart's views."

But Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton and other company officials often recounted how they relied on Tate to lead the company's successful anti-union efforts.

An ABC News analysis of the videotapes of at least four stockholder meetings where Clinton appeared shows she never once rose to defend the role of American labor unions.

The tapes, broadcast this morning on "Good Morning America," were provided to ABC News from the archives of Flagler Productions, a Lenexa, Kan., company hired by Wal-Mart to record its meetings and events.

A former board member told ABCNews.com that he had no recollection of Clinton defending unions during more than 20 board meetings held in private.

The tapes show Clinton in the role of a loyal company woman. "I'm always proud of Wal-Mart and what we do and the way we do it better than anybody else," she said at a June 1990 stockholders meeting.

Clinton would not agree to be interviewed on the subject but now says she no longer shares Wal-Mart's values and believes unions "have been essential to our nation's success."

The videotapes do show that Clinton used her role to push for more environmentally friendly policies and better treatment of women.

"We've got a very strong-willed young woman on our board now; her name is Hillary," said Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton at a 1987 stockholders meeting in describing Clinton's role in pushing for more women to be hired in management positions.

Critics say Clinton's efforts produced few tangible results, and Wal-Mart is now defending itself in a lawsuit brought by 16 current and former female employees.

"I don't doubt the sincerity of her efforts, but we don't see much evidence that conditions for women at Wal-Mart changed much during the late 1980s and early 1990s," said Joe Sellers, one of the lawyers suing Wal-Mart on behalf of the women.

Wal-Mart declined to comment to ABC News about the lawsuit, but the company has said previously that it is confident it did not discriminate against female employees.

According to the New York Times, Sen. Clinton "maintains close ties to Wal-Mart executives through the Democratic Party and the tightly knit Arkansas business community." The May 20, 2007 article also reported that her husband, former President Clinton, "speaks frequently to Wal-Mart's current chief executive, H. Lee Scott Jr." and held a private dinner at the Clinton's New York home in July 2006 for him.

He did not directly respond when asked why she did not quit the board over the conpany's anti-union efforts. "Wal-Mart was Arkansas's largest employer when Sam Walton asked Sen. Clinton to join the board," he said. "As the first woman to join Wal-Mart's board, she worked hard to make it a better corporate citizen."

In its statement, Wal-Mart described Sen. Clinton as "a valuable contributor" who "pushed us to be a better company."

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 06:13:33 AM »
thanks man.  i have been in so many car wrecks and close calls i've lost count... never when i'm driving, always riding along.  3 years ago my head actually broke the windshield in a car wreck (no seatbelt, riding shotgun, airbag deployed but not quick enough) and I walked away without any injury, cat scan completely fine.  6 years ago a ricocet from the rifle range split my forehead open, bunch of stitches and a big lump on my head for 3 months.

when I was 1 week old, my mom was riding in backseat and they were hit by a drunk driver.  There weren't seat belts in 1976... you just 'held' the baby in the back.  well, I went flying - a week old and 8 pounds lol - and my uncle, the driver, instinctively raises his forearm and blocks me as I leave my mom's arms headed for the windshield.  I bounce to the floor, car gets totalled, everyone dazed... i ended up completely covered in transmission fluid somehow... everyone thought it was blood... but I was fine.

just bad luck, or good, I don't know.  the only thing I remember from all those wrecks and the ricocet is that you never see it coming lol... you're lali-gagging along with a smile, suddenly you're knocked the fuck down.

Shit!!! hopefully you have most of that behind you now!  Very glad you made it past all that and you're still with us.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 07:04:45 AM »
thanks man.  i have been in so many car wrecks and close calls i've lost count... never when i'm driving, always riding along.  3 years ago my head actually broke the windshield in a car wreck (no seatbelt, riding shotgun, airbag deployed but not quick enough) and I walked away without any injury, cat scan completely fine.  6 years ago a ricocet from the rifle range split my forehead open, bunch of stitches and a big lump on my head for 3 months.

when I was 1 week old, my mom was riding in backseat and they were hit by a drunk driver.  There weren't seat belts in 1976... you just 'held' the baby in the back.  well, I went flying - a week old and 8 pounds lol - and my uncle, the driver, instinctively raises his forearm and blocks me as I leave my mom's arms headed for the windshield.  I bounce to the floor, car gets totalled, everyone dazed... i ended up completely covered in transmission fluid somehow... everyone thought it was blood... but I was fine.

just bad luck, or good, I don't know.  the only thing I remember from all those wrecks and the ricocet is that you never see it coming lol... you're lali-gagging along with a smile, suddenly you're knocked the fuck down.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »
LOL. Aki found some gold.. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »
LMAO... yeah, it does happen.  Mostly to us hillbillies!

Bullet/fragment/debris doesn't fly as fast as the bullet luckily.  mine was off-center forehead.

I'm not down for that "shotting from a chair" stuff though.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
  I just heard on the news that the assholes are dropping their suit against Debbie. Good.