Author Topic: Parents pick prayer over docs; girl dies  (Read 10703 times)

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
Re: Parents pick prayer over docs; girl dies
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
treatable form of diabetes??  ::)  Where is the link.

Do you know a form of Diabetes mellitus that is resistant to treatment?  I'd be interested in this discovery.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 10:22:45 AM »
prayer, oh brother

i learned that doesn't work when i was 5 or 6.

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »
you laugh at god all you want, you know science has not even explained 5% of the mysteries of the universe. fyi there are billions of planets out there and this is but one, the only logical explaination is a god.

look at your us dollar bill "in god we trust"  ;)

Science hasnt explained...yeah right. Just because it hasnt been "discovered" doesnt automatically mean god exists. How stupid is that?.  Back then tornados and natural disasters were considered unfathomable and acts of god. Everytime something cant be explained lets paint it with the god brush. Lets not try to find out anything or cure anything. After all god will handle it all, right primitive?

Explain this - why are millions of innocent kids and adults dying of starvation/wars/disease etc? What was their crime other than being born in the wrong region of the world? How about the holocaust? Where's gods compassion there? Oh wait- its all gods will right? How about those who profit from human misery?- why is god allowing these individuals to live a life of luxury. The ways of god are beyond mortal understanding  ::)

Science doesnt explain each and everything because there is so much out there waiting to be discovered. Somethings are proven and then later disproven as new evidence comes up. Science admits when it makes mistakes or lacks the understanding on certain subjects and is always striving to learn by asking questions. Its a continual process and its not perfect by any means - unlike religious primitives who simply suspend all common sense because of some psychobabble written centuries ago with the aim of controlling the masses.

Science comes from tangible evidence not from "magic" books written for weak willed sheep.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »

Maybe these stupid parents knew what the terms "nosocomial infection" or "iatrogenic" means....

morons  ::)
just not good enough

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Explain this - why are millions of innocent kids and adults dying of starvation/wars/disease etc? What was their crime other than being born in the wrong region of the world? How about the holocaust? Where's gods compassion there? Oh wait- its all gods will right? How about those who profit from human misery?- why is god allowing these individuals to live a life of luxury. The ways of god are beyond mortal understanding  ::)

It's called "free will".  God gives free will to good men and evil alike.  Don't blame God for the evil that is perpetrated by humanity with humanity as the victim.

So, now that I've done some painting with my "God brush", I'll wait to be called a 'weak-willed sheep'.

whatever it is that has you so angry at God isn't something that God did.  Look at yourself and your fellow man.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 01:11:26 PM »
It's called "free will".  God gives free will to good men and evil alike.  Don't blame God for the evil that is perpetrated by humanity with humanity as the victim.

So, now that I've done some painting with my "God brush", I'll wait to be called a 'weak-willed sheep'.

whatever it is that has you so angry at God isn't something that God did.  Look at yourself and your fellow man.

It's really pathetic when you have to make shit up to justify your beliefs.  ::) First of all, even if god did exist, then how could you possibly know what he would and wouldn't do? You don't know, yet like other religious people you just make shit up. "Omg, I know god would do this, but wouldn't do that"  ::)

Those parents should be thrown in prison.

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »

How can I be angry at something that doesnt exist??

You sidestepped the question - why did god allow innocents to be slaugtered/die of starvation etc? Surely with his "magic power" he could have saved them or is it that he doesnt care.

How about those kids abused by HIS own priests in HIS own house? No God interceded to prevent that. Why bother right? After all its a human affair.

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
It's really pathetic when you have to make shit up to justify your beliefs.  ::) First of all, even if god did exist, then how could you possibly know what he would and wouldn't do? You don't know, yet like other religious people you just make shit up. "Omg, I know god would do this, but wouldn't do that"  ::)

Very good point  CJ. All the religious freaks claim to have an inside track on gods mind despite lack of tangible evidence other than that in a "magic" book written by primitives for primitives.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

Because I beieve the Bible to be historical fact.

How do you know that Lincoln was assassinated?  Because somebody wrote it down.  How does tha passage of 2000 years vs. 150 make history any less relevant?

And I agree the parents are idiots.  I said that in my first post.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
How can I be angry at something that doesnt exist??

You sidestepped the question - why did god allow innocents to be slaugtered/die of starvation etc? Surely with his "magic power" he could have saved them or is it that he doesnt care.

How about those kids abused by HIS own priests in HIS own house? No God interceded to prevent that. Why bother right? After all its a human affair.
I sidestepped nothing.

Free will.

Period.

God established the rules of the natural world.  Just because a piece of crap decides to do something bad, doesn't mean God is obligated to keep you from harm.

I'm sorry if that answer isn't good enough for you.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that I'm right.  What will you say to God?  Seriously. 

Because if I'm wrong, if God and Heaven are a fairy tale and when I die, that's all she wrote, then I've missed out on nothing.  But if I'm right...

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008, 01:58:47 PM »
Hey all god has to do to prove his existence is show up - no water stains or mumblings of delusional priests. No vague bullshit.
I'm not going to live my life based on "what if" or "just in case"

Free-Will?? So god decided that it was none of his business? How do you know that god established natures rules? Because the bible written by man says so?

If god is not obligated to keep you from harm- why pray? If its gods will he's going to do what he wants to anyway. Why bother praying and asking for this and that? .

What will I say to god? - I'll deal with that when I meet this invisible man who lives in the sky. One thing you can count on is that I'll be on my feet and not on my knees and will be looking at this magic man right in the eyes. After all God gave me freewill right?

What are you going to do if God happens to be Muslim and not christian?
What if you were backing the wrong god? What if the Christian god( for arguements sake)  is Satan?  What then Mr  "Just in case"?

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »

How do you know that Lincoln was assassinated?  Because somebody wrote it down.  How does tha passage of 2000 years vs. 150 make history any less relevant?

What if new evidence was found that Lincoln was not assasinated and that was just a double? Would you stick to the old belief?

History has a number of new findings that have led to a number of revisions. Are you going to cling to the old facts because that was what you learnt as a child or accept the new findings?

Incidentally - Several people have actually seen Lincoln, talked to him  and can describe him during his existence. How many people have actually seen god and can agree on what he looks like? It seems like god sees fit to talk to select individuals than to everyone he has created. He should send in his cellphone for repair. ;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »
The day we'll get rid of religion for good will be a good day.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »
Do you know a form of Diabetes mellitus that is resistant to treatment?  I'd be interested in this discovery.

No i meant all types of diabetes are treatable. My dad is type 2 BTW.
A

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »

AMEN to that...heh heh.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
The parents are stupid and should / could very well go to jail for that for neglecting a child medicine and care.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 02:12:22 PM »
AMEN to that...heh heh.

Extremely regious people should go and register at http://ogrishforum.com/ and face reality for once in their lives.

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »
Extremely regious people should go and register at http://ogrishforum.com/ and face reality for once in their lives.

They should register for Magic: the gathering and WOW since they enjoy fantasy so much.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »
Dude, you can paint me with whatever brush you like.  It doesn't mean you're right.

I know who I am and what's in my heart.  I am content in my beliefs and secure in the condition of my soul. 

If that makes me "ignorant and backward", so be it.

I am right about how you will be perceived by the bulk of the public.  You're the one arguing that incidents like these are not representative of christian ignorance.  If public perception of "christians" doesn't matter to you, that's fine, but then why publicly try to make the argument then? 

Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »

Or www.infidels.org

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »

Amen! 

I really couldn't give a shit what people believe or how they spend their Sunday mornings, but unfortunately as is often the case with these fucktards, their delusional beliefs lead to delusional actions which cause society a great deal of harm on balance.

Religion is a disease that needs to go the way of the dodo bird.  What christians fail to realize is that they are atheists too...  at least in regard to 9,999 of the 10,000 or so gods that men have worshiped since the dawn of time.  The thinking among us simply choose to go one god further.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
I sidestepped nothing.

Free will.

Period.

God established the rules of the natural world.  Just because a piece of crap decides to do something bad, doesn't mean God is obligated to keep you from harm.

I'm sorry if that answer isn't good enough for you.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that I'm right.  What will you say to God?  Seriously. 

Because if I'm wrong, if God and Heaven are a fairy tale and when I die, that's all she wrote, then I've missed out on nothing.  But if I'm right...

So you're saying God doesn't care about anyone.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »
So you're saying God doesn't care about anyone.

If he cared, there wouldn't be millions of people dying every year from war, aids etc.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »

And I agree the parents are idiots.  I said that in my first post.

The Bible was written hundreds of years after Jebus' death. It's a collection of recycled fairytales of the near east.

Just compare the Old Testament tale of the great flood with the Babylonian epic of Gilgamesh.. Only difference is that Giglamesh predates the old testament tale by a few hundred years.  ::) Scared and unadvanced people blaming natural disasters on some supernatural entity makes perfect sense.

If believing in god makes you happy, then you have that right. However, please don't say that this poor girl's parents did the right thing. They should be thrown in prison for negligence.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »
I agree that the parents were stupid, backward, ignorant and bilnded, but that doesn't mean that having religious faith is the sole arbitor of stupidity in a person.  There are plenty of stupid Atheists, too.

I, and the majority of Christians, believe that God does heal, but he gave us intelligence, science and medical advances as tools to use to preserve, prolong and improve life.  That this girl's parents chose to remain in the Middle Ages should not be an indictment of the intelligence of Christians as a whole.

You can have your opinion about our beliefs, but to believe that this incident speaks for all of us is the height of ignorant hubris.

I AGREE 100%  I BELIEVE THAT GOD WANTS US TO HELP OURSELVES. IN OTHER WORDS GO TO THE DOCTOR.. I ALSO BELIEVES HE HEALS
irongearco.com