Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 26856 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
Vince,

It's two different kinds of people in this world....The ones like you that only criticized and see problems and other that try to find solutions. A 7 year old could walk in any business and point out problems ...but it takes a different kind of person to find solutions and actually implement them ...well we all can see which category you fall....just keep it up!!!

What's worse is he is really olds and can ramble on for pages at a time basically writing novels and because of his alzheimers he hasn't brought up a new point in 20-30yrs.
I

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »
Vince,
 A 7 year old could walk in any business and point out problems ...

Yeah, but since Vince has 70 additional years of experience over the 7-year-old, he can point out a LOT of problems.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
The IFBB don't have a problem they are making PLENTY of tax free dollars as a non proffit organization.HAHAHAHAHA Just like their fantasy Drug Rule. ::)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2008, 06:14:25 PM »

Yeah, but since Vince has 70 additional years of experience over the 7-year-old, he can point out a LOT of problems.

That is Great ....He and you are welcome to start a new organization if you think you can do better.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2008, 06:15:38 PM »
Simple question to the IFBB fans out there. Why does the IFBB suck?  They have controversies year after year. No drug testing. No synthol disqualifications, etc. It is a sham. Bob is there trying to patch up a sinking ship. Now, why is it so difficult to grasp this concept?

Let me spell the philosophy out here for those who didn't attend university. Most theories are false. That means statements are often wrong. If this is true then even Bob's statements are likely to be false and wrong. How about that? Bob finally says that allegations don't make something true but assumes everything he says about others is true when in fact he is wrong most of the time. No wonder the simpleton got the nod for athletes rep. I mean, what fool would volunteer for that shitty job? No pro wants it. I don't consider a guy a pro just because he got some silly card. A professional is someone who makes a living from winnings and endorsements. Winning a controversial masters title hardly makes a guy a professional bodybuilder. I mean, give me a break.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
A few of us started a better bodybuilding organization after the debacle at the 80 Olympia in Sydney. We abandoned the enterprise because bodybuilders were loyal to the IFBB because they wanted that path to the Olympia. bodybuilders aren't worth working for. Sorry to say this. This has always been true in open competitions. They resemble beauty contests instead of sporting ones.

It would be easy to form a better organization than the IFBB. First of all there would be no need for an athletes rep.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »
Vince are you saying one day someone will stand up and take NOTICE that the IFBB is a Fukin Joke with their Fake Drug Rules and running as a Non Profit Org while making mega dollars and paying no TAX.Seems like a pipe dream No one could pull this off. ::)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
A few of us started a better bodybuilding organization after the debacle at the 80 Olympia in Sydney. We abandoned the enterprise because bodybuilders were loyal to the IFBB because they wanted that path to the Olympia. bodybuilders aren't worth working for. Sorry to say this. This has always been true in open competitions. They resemble beauty contests instead of sporting ones.

It would be easy to form a better organization than the IFBB. First of all there would be no need for an athletes rep.

You were incapable to form a new successfully organization...now you are trying to teach one how to do better. Vince your time has long pass you. If you can not make any constructive criticism or make something better them you are wasting time and making yourself look desperate. You may not like Bob, but the fact is He does something to improve bodybuilding...you...wel l you are here in the boards ...criticizing with no sense.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2008, 06:38:24 PM »
Nope, we were not going to the trouble of running good contests when the bodybuilders associated with Paul Graham. In 1982 John Terrilli enterred our nationals because there was conflict in the IFBB so he won our show and went to England and won his class at the NABBA Universe. Paul quickly got John on side after his return so that disappointed us and proved the bodybuilders were fickle and would do anything they could to win a show. Everyone who promotes shows knows this.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
too bad the Ifbb doesn't pay you like Ford/Honda pays its employess,
what do we have here? another piss poor analogy!

try again

The IFBB and NPC are one of many organizations for Bodybuilding. Bodybuilders have options in terms of drug test, criteria of judging etc , in various organizations. If you don't like the polices, the drug test, you are welcome to compete in a different organization or start your own. The NPC and IFBB are the most recognized organizations pure and simple for their success. The point that many make about the ability to compete in different organizations is complete lack of sense of reality. No you can not work for Honda and Ford or NBA and the European league....you must choose and they may not accept you back that is just that way life is....

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
that would imply that your term as the athletes rep has a defined duration.
what is that duration?

or is it as long as you're manions boy?

btw - the "facts" that you speak of are slanted. you don't lie about most things.

I didn't refuse to answer it, I didn't see it...no, it's not a lifetime entitlement.

You can point out all you like, you're wrong, plain and simple....I have the facts to back it up...you have nothing but bullshit.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »
Self-interest is always transparent in the IFBB. You help the IFBB and they sometimes reciprocate. Or you wait in line to be anointed.

Take Bob's position. Well, no one wants it do they? So, even though there are no elections the default is that Bob keeps his shitty job because none of the other pros are stupid enough to take it. Besides, how can you represent guys you are competing against? That is a conflict. So perhaps it is best that a retired 3rd tier guy gets the job. I mean, what harm can he do? I wonder if he voted to keep Milos and Lee out?

Now, let us be real, folks, does anyone expect an appointed guy and friend of the boss will be disloyal to them? Nope. Bob is the predictable stooge and patsy. Look at the hiding he is receiving regularly on Getbig by guys far smarter than he is. On the positive side he provides well for his family and that can't be said for most pros out there. No wonder he is tenacious about his position. He needs that role to be part of the current bodybuilding scene. You hear him pontificate on those radio shows about the other pros and that surely is a conflict with his position. How can he criticize the other pros re their physiques and then represent them? Clearly the guy has no clue at all about what he is doing. He is the enemy of the professionals and a confederate among them.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »
Self-interest is always transparent in the IFBB. You help the IFBB and they sometimes reciprocate. Or you wait in line to be anointed.

Take Bob's position. Well, no one wants it do they? So, even though there are no elections the default is that Bob keeps his shitty job because none of the other pros are stupid enough to take it. Besides, how can you represent guys you are competing against? That is a conflict. So perhaps it is best that a retired 3rd tier guy gets the job. I mean, what harm can he do? I wonder if he voted to keep Milos and Lee out?

Now, let us be real, folks, does anyone expect an appointed guy and friend of the boss will be disloyal to them? Nope. Bob is the predictable stooge and patsy. Look at the hiding he is receiving regularly on Getbig by guys far smarter than he is. On the positive side he provides well for his family and that can't be said for most pros out there. No wonder he is tenacious about his position. He needs that role to be part of the current bodybuilding scene. You hear him pontificate on those radio shows about the other pros and that surely is a conflict with his position. How can he criticize the other pros re their physiques and then represent them? Clearly the guy has no clue at all about what he is doing. He is the enemy of the professionals and a confederate among them.

m
What conflict is there in providing color comentary in a physique show, and representing athletes in matters of rules, regulations, and contracts? Whether or not I believe in my expert opinion, a guy is holding water, or isn't better on a given day than another athlete....has nothing to do with whether or not they are treated fairly by the IFBB, or need advices relevant to their career....

God, you are fuckin clueless, Basile...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2008, 07:27:12 AM »

Comes from his obsession with fat chicks.

But he's right about one thing, you're Jim Manions mouthpiece and rubber stamp.
Ron: "I am lazy."

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
m
What conflict is there in providing color comentary in a physique show, and representing athletes in matters of rules, regulations, and contracts? Whether or not I believe in my expert opinion, a guy is holding water, or isn't better on a given day than another athlete....has nothing to do with whether or not they are treated fairly by the IFBB, or need advices relevant to their career....

Amazing he ever won a contest huh?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »
Bob it's been a few weeks since the Arnold you said some competitors were Drug tested.Where can we the paying public find the test results????. ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
m

I might be a pain in the ass to you Bob, but you are a confederate. How dare you comment on other professionals as a radio commentator! You have no shame and do damage to others by your comments. I guess if you had been elected you might show some responsibility.

Anyway, you have no moral authority to say much re other people. You were appointed to your job with the IFBB and you sure as hell didn't deserve to beat Rusty Jeffers. Those judges who put you first should all be disqualified from ever judging again. You received a gift and the only reason there isn't much controversy about it is because it was a third tier contest and few even bothered to look at the photos. You never looked as good as Jeffers nor will you ever look that good.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
Vince I know Bob busts your balls but lets not get too personal you know as Chick knows the IFBB are a Power to themselves and answer to no one not even the tax man nor Drug agencies.They have Drug Rules just for the LOOK never to be used Drug Rules with the Pros.It's a Fukin JOKE.People have even died at contests and they still get away with it.FFS. ::)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2008, 05:42:31 PM »
Personally.....

If a commentator can't comment......then what they hell would be his job Vince?

::)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
I might be a pain in the ass to you Bob, but you are a confederate. How dare you comment on other professionals as a radio commentator! You have no shame and do damage to others by your comments. I guess if you had been elected you might show some responsibility.

Anyway, you have no moral authority to say much re other people. You were appointed to your job with the IFBB and you sure as hell didn't deserve to beat Rusty Jeffers. Those judges who put you first should all be disqualified from ever judging again. You received a gift and the only reason there isn't much controversy about it is because it was a third tier contest and few even bothered to look at the photos. You never looked as good as Jeffers nor will you ever look that good.

Vince,
        Your understanding of Bodybuilding is prehistoric....It would be better for you to just peacefully accept your age and admitted that you are part of the pass. You are a like a museum ....a boring,angry ...broken one.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »
The present day bodybuilding sucks big time. Arnold and others used to deny they used drugs when they were competing. The disclosures came years later. It was considered cheating to use gear. What would anyone make of what the pros are taking now? I mean, ask doctors and exercise scientists what they think of those drug protocols. Synthol? That is beyond absurd and has nothing whatever to do with bodybuilding but everything to do with winning at any cost. Fake, painted on tans, fake breasts in women and fake muscles. No top guy had rear delts like many of the pros do today. The sport is a sham and the IFBB have to accept responsibility for what it has become. They refuse to enforce their own drug rules.

So, don't come here bagging guys from the old days. Things weren't that great then, either, because drugs were used by most who won top contests. When it is all said and done the sport really sucks. It is a sham.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
The present day bodybuilding sucks big time. Arnold and others used to deny they used drugs when they were competing. The disclosures came years later. It was considered cheating to use gear. What would anyone make of what the pros are taking now? I mean, ask doctors and exercise scientists what they think of those drug protocols. Synthol? That is beyond absurd and has nothing whatever to do with bodybuilding but everything to do with winning at any cost. Fake, painted on tans, fake breasts in women and fake muscles. No top guy had rear delts like many of the pros do today. The sport is a sham and the IFBB have to accept responsibility for what it has become. They refuse to enforce their own drug rules.

So, don't come here bagging guys from the old days. Things weren't that great then, either, because drugs were used by most who won top contests. When it is all said and done the sport really sucks. It is a sham.

But they were taking d-bol like tic tacs in the gym.

Kind of hard to make that statement.  Maybe they wouldn't claim to take steroids on tape, radio, tv, or any kind of film.  But in their everyday life they weren't denying it. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

And it's been 40 years since your day and you are still a whiny complaining annoying ass gas bag. STOP following BBing if you don't like it, it hasn't changed much since your day and it's not going to change anytime soon, it's obvious that your views are in the minority and BBing will do fine without the likes of you around. Seriously give it up old man, why not start yelling at clouds because they block the sun, maybe you can convince them to go somewhere else so you can always enjoy a bright sunny day. ::)

If you want to follow the BBing you are looking for try finding a natural association and follow that, it's been obvious for years now that the I.F.B.B. is not for you yet you constantly complain and whine about how it's run. Follow another organization if you don't like it, it's not the I.F.B.B.'s fault it's the most sucessful and well known out there it's the fault of all the fans and people who compete within it's ranks, blame them not Bob Chick or the Owners.
I

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
Maybe they wouldn't claim to take steroids on tape, radio, tv, or any kind of film.  But in their everyday life they weren't denying it. 
Vince has said that no pro admitted to him that they used steroids. He wanted to be in the 'inner circle' of bodybuilding but wasn't admitted entrance LOL.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »
Vansass talks out of his ass. Who are these anonymous dickheads on the net? If I say that the champs didn't admit to using steroids in the past that is what happened. I bought every muscle mag published between 1960 and about 2000. I know what I read. Arnold never admitted in seminars that he used. He exaggerated how many vitamins he took, too, and said he took handfulls. Just messing with the dopes who paid money to hear him say nothing important at all about training.

To be in the inner circle of bodybuilding in the 1970 you virtually had to be training at Golds Gym in Venice or be a huge guy already. The local lads who were using steroids hardly wanted those who didn't use to have that advantage. It all is self-interest in the end.

Hope this helps.