Author Topic: Need recommendation for workout CD  (Read 12416 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: Need recommendation for workout CD
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2008, 01:47:08 PM »
Dream Theater

Iron Maiden

Symphony X

AC/DC

Bruce Springsteen

Backstreet Boys

Shades of Gray

Guns'n Roses

Pantera

Van Halen

The Rocky soundtrack

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2008, 01:53:42 PM »
and really there is some great 80's tunes you may be overlooking....maybe Pat Benatar for those extra heavy deadlifts nothing like rolling back your shoulders at the top to  "hit me with your best shot ..come on fire awaaaaayyyyyyy.......or maybe hitting your personal best bench with Kim Mitchell singing patio lanterns...or maybe billy idol singin about dancing with myself as you squat ass to the grass
Odilly

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
and really there is some great 80's tunes you may be overlooking....maybe Pat Benatar for those extra heavy deadlifts nothing like rolling back your shoulders at the top to  "hit me with your best shot ..come on fire awaaaaayyyyyyy.......or maybe hitting your personal best bench with Kim Mitchell singing patio lanterns...or maybe billy idol singin about dancing with myself as you squat ass to the grass

Billy Idol: Hot in the City and White Wedding = superior training music.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
This in the gym = ~+100 lbs to your max benchpress

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »
Now as far as rap's concerned I honestly think it's the best stuff out right now and I keep a playlist of hot shit that I'd be willing to burn and send to anyone here provided they're willing to give me an address; I'm just that passionate about it; we keep an eye on the mixtape circuit out here and I honestly don't think anything compliments lifting or cardio or the overally mentality needed for top-level bodybuilding better than this stuff...most all the pros listen to rap and I know exactly why; I won't get into it here or post examples for all the bashing that would go on but if anyone wants to PM me I'll put you on some shit that'll beef your role up guaranteed; it's simply magical what these guys are doing from an artistic standpoint.  Cormier turned me onto where and how to find this stuff a few years ago and lately I'm the one more prone to be supplying him with his beats so I think I've honed a pretty good knack for finding and knowing the best stuff...I'd say there's a pretty good chance that if I sent any of you a CD it'd be the only thing you listened to for a straight month.  You don't even have to be a very big fan of rap to fall in love with these because the beats and flow are nearly instantaneously infectious and just so ridiculous; the metaphors are just so hilarious and bad-ass at the same time; I just love it.    

I think rock tends to focus on self-defeatist themes and rap on simply coming up; rock stars kill themselves but rap stars kill each other.  I think that most rappers, having come from nothing, can only think positive; but alot of rockers are from either more privileged backgrounds or have easier natural roles in society so they tend to fight alot of battles that aren't entirely necessary.  So if you choose to embrace rock make sure you're not setting yourself up for a self-induced melodramatic fall from grace; once you've been there and done that get on some rap and fuck all the bullshit; go straight to the top.  If you look hard enough you can draw parallels between what you're listening to and what's going on in your life so fill your life wth positivity whenever possible.  I'll still play whatever's good on the rock side but there sure is alot of shit out there right now.  The rap industry's turning out good stuff left and right; enough material for me to have compiled a new playlist or CD's worth of material about once a month.  It takes 6 months for me to get enough stuff together to make a CD that I like all at the same time out of rock.        

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
Now as far as rap's concerned I honestly think it's the best stuff out right now and I keep a playlist of hot shit that I'd be willing to burn and send to anyone here provided they're willing to give me an address; I'm just that passionate about it; we keep an eye on the mixtape circuit out here and I honestly don't think anything compliments lifting or cardio or the overally mentality needed for top-level bodybuilding better than this stuff...most all the pros listen to rap and I know exactly why; I won't get into it here or post examples for all the bashing that would go on but if anyone wants to PM me I'll put you on some shit that'll beef your role up guaranteed; it's simply magical what these guys are doing from an artistic standpoint.  Cormier turned me onto where and how to find this stuff a few years ago and lately I'm the one more prone to be supplying him with his beats so I think I've honed a pretty good knack for finding and knowing the best stuff...I'd say there's a pretty good chance that if I sent any of you a CD it'd be the only thing you listened to for a straight month.  You don't even have to be a very big fan of rap to fall in love with these because the beats and flow are nearly instantaneously infectious and just so ridiculous; the metaphors are just so hilarious and bad-ass at the same time; I just love it.    

I think rock tends to focus on self-defeatist themes and rap on simply coming up; rock stars kill themselves but rap stars kill each other.  I think that most rappers, having come from nothing, can only think positive; but alot of rockers are from either more privileged backgrounds or have easier natural roles in society so they tend to fight alot of battles that aren't entirely necessary.  So if you choose to embrace rock make sure you're not setting yourself up for a self-induced melodramatic fall from grace; once you've been there and done that get on some rap and fuck all the bullshit; go straight to the top.  If you look hard enough you can draw parallels between what you're listening to and what's going on in your life so fill your life wth positivity whenever possible.  I'll still play whatever's good on the rock side but there sure is alot of shit out there right now.  The rap industry's turning out good stuff left and right; enough material for me to have compiled a new playlist or CD's worth of material about once a month.  It takes 6 months for me to get enough stuff together to make a CD that I like all at the same time out of rock.        

Ohh just shut up and have a pizza.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »

Post some examples of this fantastic mystical rap  ;)

8)
just not good enough