Author Topic: Victor Martinez Spanish?  (Read 4405 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Victor Martinez Spanish?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
What I always understood ,is that Mexican people are basically A mix of Spanish and Native Americans, (Indians)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
Victor is Dominican, I was there last year, they don't really care about skin color, it a national pride thing. Something America is lacking. Here we would just label him as a black guy with a spanish name.  A Redneck buddy of mine has the last name sanchez, but he's Blonde, has red skin (from being an engineering site foreman) and blue eyes. Doubt  anyone would call him a spic. Well maybe JediKnight would....
\

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 06:54:48 PM »
My training partner goes to the Dominican Replubic twice a year for buissness, and he says about 80% of the population is dark in color.They really dont consider themeselves 'black' because they are dark by nature.Just like in Africa, they dont consider themselves black, they just consider themselves people from Africa.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
What I always understood ,is that Mexican people are basically A mix of Spanish and Native Americans, (Indians)
You are wrong , pictures of some Mexicans

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »

depends on the country, if you go to colombia it changes from region to region, as it does in ecuador, peru and bolivia... most whites dont mix with indians(social scale)

shure we all have some indian in our blood line, but is not a aparent as you would think...

mexicans are really a mix, you cant really tell what they are, most are mixes of indians and europeans who came to south america

colombia, rece goes hand in hand with money(both dont mix)
ecuador, the same
peru, the same
chile, ask benz
paraguay, not many indians
argentina, mostly europeans
venezuela, like colombia
brazil, like colombia, but the indians are primarilly fishing in the amazon...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »
depends on the country, if you go to colombia it changes from region to region, as it does in ecuador, peru and bolivia... most whites dont mix with indians(social scale)

shure we all have some indian in our blood line, but is not a aparent as you would think...

mexicans are really a mix, you cant really tell what they are, most are mixes of indians and europeans who came to south america

colombia, rece goes hand in hand with money(both dont mix)
ecuador, the same
peru, the same
chile, ask benz
paraguay, not many indians
argentina, mostly europeans
venezuela, like colombia
brazil, like colombia, but the indians are primarilly fishing in the amazon...

u forgot Haiti and porto rico

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
haiti really suck DONT GO THERE... its like africa but in america

puerto rico(havent been there yet, my dad has been there) but there are allmost no indians, and the same as colombia social scale goes hand in hand with race( unless you are a reaggeton singer)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
My training partner, aswell as my sister who has also been to the Dominican Republic, said the same thing. The economy is very rough over there.Alot of people there really have to sruggle to make ends meet.
We dont know how lucky we have it in the USA.We complain when we are in a recession, shit, these peoples whole life is like the great depression in alot of areas of the Dominican Repbulic

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »
Vic is black. Many Dominicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Brazillians, Venezuelans, and Panamanians are indeed black. African slaves were in the Caribbean,Central America and South America long before they were brought to the US. The people in these countries are either black, indigenous indian, spanish, or a mixture of the three. I have Puerto Rican and Cuban relatives who are just as black as any African-American.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »
My training partner, aswell as my sister who has also been to the Dominican Republic, said the same thing. The economy is very rough over there.Alot of people there really have to sruggle to make ends meet.
We dont know how lucky we have it in the USA.We complain when we are in a recession, shit, these peoples whole life is like the great depression in alot of areas of the Dominican Repbulic

the rest of latin america is the same shit

people that work for me after they leave work at 5 30 go to work at being security at some places or go to paint houses or cut the grass for someone on saturdays they work for anyone who hires the to do anything and sunday the same shit...

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
I have judged over 200 bodybuilding shows, and competed in over a dozen bodybuilding shows aswell.I have never seen a person who is Spanish with such round muscle bellies, small bones, and stridated muscle as Victor Martinez.He is the number 2 ranked bodybuilder in the world, and alot of people think he should have won the MR O.
Victor, has amazing genetics, and  the amount of muscle he carries on such a small boned frme is crazy plus he has outstanding symmetry.I think he may be Spanish, but very little.I think he is mainly African American, but what ever the case, god blessed this man big time with amazing potential.The scary thing is I think Victor is just getting started, I know the injury set him back, but he is still young.I bet in 3-4 years, this guy is going to be very dangerous.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
I use to live in the Dominican Republic.  No wait, that was Washington Heights in Manhattan.   Almost the same thing.   Beautiful looking people on the streets there.  (ok, you know I meant guys)  While you may think of DR as predominately black, the dominican neighborhoods of NYC are rather fair skinned.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
Baby Hercules, thank you for sharing you insight, and educating us.With a unbiased honest answer .I have heard diffrent stories, but yours seems to make the most sense.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »
I am from NY aswell, and all the people I know who are Dominican arent real dark skinned.They are usually brown like Victor Martinez.The girl my friend is dating who is Dominican here name is Lizette, and her last name is Torress.She looks like a light skinned African American woman.
Then again most of my friends who are African American arent really that 'black' either.
These days interactial dating is very common.I would say atleast half  of my friends are in interacial reltationships.So this would mean that skin color of the child would get lighter by each generation.
A really good combination for a women is African American, and Spanish, that creates women with dangerous bodies.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »
I know some who is dating a Dominican girl, and she looks like the rapper Jay -Z with a wig on .She claims to be spanish.
She looks about as Spanish as Martin Luther King ,lmao.She has a Spanish last name, but there is nothing else Spainsh about her.She look like a light skinned full blooded African American woman.
The sad part about this is, she gets offended when you call her African American.
I think she just has an identity crisis, lmoa.
Its the year 2008 for god sake not 1950, what ever nationality you are, good for you, be proud of it

There was this thing called slavery.

DR share the island of Hispanola with Haiti. The majority of the Caribbean is of African descent, regardless of language spoken, due to slavery. Most people from DR look "black" or what we call as black. The Spanish ( and Portuguese) treated their slaves different (less harsh) than the American form, where you were either black or white. Hence, many people from DR, PR or Cuban who look like that they "black" don't consider themselves to be.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »
I would say atleast half  of my friends are in interacial relationships. So this would mean that skin color of the child would get lighter by each generation.

or darker

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »
Vic is black. Many Dominicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Brazillians, Venezuelans, and Panamanians are indeed black. African slaves were in the Caribbean,Central America and South America long before they were brought to the US. The people in these countries are either black, indigenous indian, spanish, or a mixture of the three. I have Puerto Rican and Cuban relatives who are just as black as any African-American.
Good job, BH.

The ignorance in this thread is both hilarious and pathetic.

There was this thing called slavery.

DR share the island of Hispanola with Haiti. The majority of the Caribbean is of African descent, regardless of language spoken, due to slavery. Most people from DR look "black" or what we call as black. The Spanish ( and Portuguese) treated their slaves different (less harsh) than the American form, where you were either black or white. Hence, many people from DR, PR or Cuban who look like that they "black" don't consider themselves to be.

;)
!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »
Who fuckin cares? Really? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
Who fuckin cares? Really? ::)
Your mother cares very much.
!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »
Your mother cares very much.
::) Why is he mowing her yard this week?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
::) Why is he mowing her yard this week?
Your mom is mowing lawns now? You're a terrible son!  >:(
!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »
You are wrong , pictures of some Mexicans

Whateva...

Who's the stud?

"1"

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 09:53:07 PM »
Your mom is mowing lawns now? You're a terrible son!  >:(
You must be from the "inner city".....reading comprehension is not as important to you as tying your doo-rag properly. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »
You must be from the "inner city".....reading comprehension is not as important to you as tying your doo-rag properly. :-\
Good one!  ::)
!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:34 PM »
Baby Hercules Wrote

After reading this very intelligent , and well explained answer to my question.(thank you so much Baby Hecules ) I have come to the conclusion that people from the Dominican Republic, are basically African or "black" in color, but have some( very little) Spanish ancestry.Which would be why they speak Spanish, and have Spanish last names .A great example  ( thank you Whateva) is people from Mexico speak Spanish , yet they arent Spanish ( they may have some Spanish  but very little Spanish ancestry)

After seeing alot of people who are DR and having friends and family visit, DR, they all have came to the same conclusion that I have.That would expalin why Victor has such great genetics, and baseball players such as Sammy Sossa, are such great athletes.