Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
Iran Begins Installing More Centrifuges
<< < (21/32) > >>
Mars:

--- Quote from: Bindare_Dundat on April 10, 2008, 07:32:51 PM ---People in general have a hard time putting themselves in other peoples shoes. They don't study and learn about other cultures from many different sources of information or actual travelling. Most individuals allow corprate media to formulate their opinions for them and they just go with it.

--- End quote ---

very true, i actually do that all the time.
24KT:

--- Quote from: Brixtonbulldog on April 10, 2008, 08:34:07 AM ---Just out of curiousity.. do you think radical Islam is devestating the rest of the world?

My guess is you'll blame the USA for that too.

--- End quote ---

I believe radicalism and extremism is not a good thing, ...wherever radicalism or extremism is to be found.

I do believe the USA bears some responsibility in the growth of islamic extremism. Theirs was a dying self-distintegrating and unsustainable model on the verge of extinction until Uncle Sam came along with billions of dollars and multiple weapons spurring new life into the movement, ...then and NOW.
Brixtonbulldog:

--- Quote from: jaguarenterprises on April 11, 2008, 10:20:25 PM ---I believe radicalism and extremism is not a good thing, ...wherever radicalism or extremism is to be found.

I do believe the USA bears some responsibility in the growth of islamic extremism. Theirs was a dying self-distintegrating and unsustainable model on the verge of extinction until Uncle Sam came along with billions of dollars and multiple weapons spurring new life into the movement, ...then and NOW.

--- End quote ---

What a cop out..

IF the US bears responsibility for any aspect of radical Islam it would be relatively recent and largely overshadowed by what radical Islam has been doing to the world for the last 30 years.  Where is your disgust with thier behaviour since the late 70's?  I get it.. you just want one more reason to bash the US.
Mars:

--- Quote from: Brixtonbulldog on April 12, 2008, 01:01:18 AM ---What a cop out..

IF the US bears responsibility for any aspect of radical Islam it would be relatively recent and largely overshadowed by what radical Islam has been doing to the world for the last 30 years.  Where is your disgust with thier behaviour since the late 70's?  I get it.. you just want one more reason to bash the US.

--- End quote ---

not for any aspect no but it did increased dramaticly since bush started to interfer in places where he had no business in.
Brixtonbulldog:

--- Quote from: Mars on April 12, 2008, 01:09:50 AM ---not for any aspect no but it did increased dramaticly since bush started to interfer in places where he had no business in.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for proving my point. ::)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version