Author Topic: VERY RARE ARNOLD PICS you'll want to see!!!  (Read 38654 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: VERY RARE ARNOLD PICS you'll want to see!!!
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2008, 10:08:31 AM »
OK. I need to stop with this Blanco the Clown character. He's just not getting it at all.  ::)
Apology accepted. 
!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »
Hey Moose, I think I remember reading that Franco officially benched 480 somewhere. Do you remember that as well? I think Arnold probably did most of his heavy lifts in his very early 20's and probably went lighter after that. I think when Arnold was weighing about 250 bulked, he could have benched at least 450.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
Pollux....here's a challenge for you.

I remember a photo of Big Mike sitting between A and Franco, with his arms around their shoulders, and Mike holding his chest up high....you have that? Can we see it?

Moose

I know the pic you're talking about, and I'm very sure it's in one of my magazines. I'd have to go through The Arnie Vault and find it though. If I have time, I'll take a pic and post it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
I find it funny how people argue over Arnold.  How do you argue with success.  And it isn't a flash-in-a-pan type of success.  It is success that has endured over 35 years.  Lets just say the you guys prove Arnold only benched 405 at the most in his career.  What does that do.  NOTHING.  Do you think the tens of millions of fans he has worldwide are all of a sudden going to say they hate him for being a liar.  This is not like a Goodrum who has been hated all his life and he tries to tell lies so people will like him or respect him.  No body anywhere will ever respect or like Goodrum (except Vissy) no matter how much bullshit spews from his flappy lips.  Same with Arnold no matter what you say about him no one is going to change their mind about him.  Arnold made BB.  Without someone like Arnold with his body and his personality the Weiders would no way in the world be in the position they are in.  Sure BB would have gone on but I highly doubt it would have gone in the direction Arnold sent it.  He was the perfect marketing machine for BB at the time when it was just getting off the ground.

Moosejay

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »
Hey Chem.

Yeah...I recall something along that vein re Franco.

Literally just got off the phone with Mike Katz...here is what he said, verbatim:

-His chest, at its largest, was a hair above 60"

-He saw Arnold do "just over 400"....370 was more common for Arnold to work up to. He wasn't always shooting for the highest weights...Arnold's hallmark was purity of form.

That's what Big Mike told me...just now. He has no care or reason to lie.

Prove it? I can't ...he can't...but his word is his bond. I will go with that.

Moose

Moosejay

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
PS: Mike said Arnold likely did more when he was at heavier, 'European' bodyweights (When he was in Europe-pre America)

Moosejay

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2008, 10:34:13 AM »
I know the pic you're talking about, and I'm very sure it's in one of my magazines. I'd have to go through The Arnie Vault and find it though. If I have time, I'll take a pic and post it.

Thanks, man.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
why are some of you loosers arguing over Arnold's Claims? he could careless nor gives a monkey shit about what you think

affy

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »
even though i'm an arnold nut hugger...i have to agree it is fishy that he's never been pictured benching more then three plates

EVER...even surge nubret..the guy who never used to lift heavy has been photographed benching 405

Moosejay

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »
I find it funny how people argue over Arnold.  How do you argue with success.  And it isn't a flash-in-a-pan type of success.  It is success that has endured over 35 years.  Lets just say the you guys prove Arnold only benched 405 at the most in his career.  What does that do.  NOTHING.  Do you think the tens of millions of fans he has worldwide are all of a sudden going to say they hate him for being a liar.  This is not like a Goodrum who has been hated all his life and he tries to tell lies so people will like him or respect him.  No body anywhere will ever respect or like Goodrum (except Vissy) no matter how much bullshit spews from his flappy lips.  Same with Arnold no matter what you say about him no one is going to change their mind about him.  Arnold made BB.  Without someone like Arnold with his body and his personality the Weiders would no way in the world be in the position they are in.  Sure BB would have gone on but I highly doubt it would have gone in the direction Arnold sent it.  He was the perfect marketing machine for BB at the time when it was just getting off the ground.

The most potent part of your post is the fact that he sustained his success for 35+ years. This is very powerful, indeed.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
Hey Chem.

Literally just got off the phone with Mike Katz...here is what he said, verbatim:

-He saw Arnold do "just over 400"....370 was more common for Arnold to work up to. He wasn't always shooting for the highest weights...Arnold's hallmark was purity of form.

Moose
Good enough for me. I trust those who were actually there in the gym with Arnold while he trained. Not so much people just looking at photos.
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
THIS is the difference between today's BB's and those of Arnold's days. Today when a bodybuilder gains that much muscle (versus the amateur version of themself) their waist also expands, a lot. Arnold's doesn't even change ONE INCH!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
Hey Chem.

Moose
Thanks. So you're real good friends with Mike, I met him a few times and he was really nice. I would tend to believe him as well.

Moosejay

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »
Yeah, Chem. He took me to Robby Robinson BB camp (Which he started) in CT when I was 15. Been good frineds with him since...promote with him and other things.

He is salt of the earth...among the best and nicest people I know.

Mike

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
If I can remember I will make a phone call tomorrow to someone who not only has written many articles on Arnold, trained during that time, is a Hall of Fame member but he won't lie.  And he may very well have some photos of Arnold benching heavy.  He has 1000's of pictures from that era.  I will just ask him how much Arnold has benched.  he has nothing to gain or lose from his response.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
even though i'm an arnold nut hugger...i have to agree it is fishy that he's never been pictured benching more then three plates

EVER

Oh... really? ;)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2008, 10:53:24 PM »
Hey Chem.

Moose

Did Mike ever find his missing shirt?

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »

EVER...even surge nubret..the guy who never used to lift heavy has been photographed benching 405

Quote from: affy on Today at 10:45:03 AM

EVER

Oh... really? Wink

Jesus, how much is that?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »
Quote from: affy on Today at 10:45:03 AM

EVER

Oh... really? Wink

Jesus, how much is that?

The weight Arnold is benching there that GoneAway posted is 385 lbs. The amount of weight I kept referring to as the highest amount of weight I have even seen Arnold bench through pictures.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2008, 05:50:09 AM »
If I can remember I will make a phone call tomorrow to someone who not only has written many articles on Arnold, trained during that time, is a Hall of Fame member but he won't lie.  And he may very well have some photos of Arnold benching heavy.  He has 1000's of pictures from that era.  I will just ask him how much Arnold has benched.  he has nothing to gain or lose from his response.

Thanks man.
You're a valuable asset to these forums and I always enjoy reading your accounts of stuff. Keep us updated!

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2008, 05:58:33 AM »
::) got any proof of your monster bench or was your camera broken too?

Hey fatboy -..is this what you call "proof" that you actually set foot in a gym?? Or is it the local dunkin donuts that you mistake for a gym??

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »
Any update?
!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:59 PM »

you see arnold live in usa?this  great man in the word

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »
you see arnold live in usa?this  great man in the word

you see arnold live in caforna?this  awsome man in word