Author Topic: Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other  (Read 11658 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
CJ, what I gathered from your post is that you live(d) in the ghetto. What do you expect from a ghetto?
That's why it's called a ghetto. Get out of the ghetto, and you won't see so much ghetto.
It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with low socio-economic status, poverty & ignorance, factors that predominate in a ghetto

Ever been to Rodeo Rd. in Cali? That area is predominantly all Black.
Have a visit sometime. It might open your eyes somewhat, ...or maybe not?

BS.. Poverty and ignorance are staples of the black culture in this country along with crime.  The culture is creating the problem, not the other way around.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
BS.. Poverty and ignorance are staples of the black culture in this country along with crime.  The culture is creating the problem, not the other way around.

Socio-economic plays it's role too. IMO, the thug culture just makes it worse.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Socioeconomic factors, broken families and poor decision making are the biggest factors, but the image of 'thug life' and cultural habits definitely make things worse and perpetuates the cycle and poor attitudes of many who are empoverished. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Socioeconomic factors, broken families and poor decision making are the biggest factors, but the image of 'thug life' and cultural habits definitely make things worse and perpetuates the cycle and poor attitudes of many who are empoverished. 

And poor decisions stem from ignorance. All these factors we describe do not have a color.
These are the causes that lead to ghetto environments. It's not about race, it's about the aforementioned factors
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
And poor decisions stem from ignorance. All these factors we describe do not have a color.
These are the causes that lead to ghetto environments. It's not about race, it's about the aforementioned factors

I wouldn't say I lived in a ghetto area, but I lived damn close to one and still do. When I go south, I have to set foot in that area and believe me it's far different from what you'd call and ordinary slum. The ghetto isn't just a poor area; it's a poor area with tons of crime, people with no integrity, violence and a bunch of other stuff.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

I wouldn't say I lived in a ghetto area, but I lived damn close to one and still do. When I go south, I have to set foot in that area and believe me it's far different from what you'd call and ordinary slum. The ghetto isn't just a poor area; it's a poor area with tons of crime, people with no integrity, violence and a bunch of other stuff.

These may be the case, but the people in it do not represent a race or what one can expect of a race,
they represent what one can expect of those living in those circumstances. The crime, lack of integrity, violence, drugs, etc., that you cite, are all products of the poverty & ignorance, and mentality of the ghetto.
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
True

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
These may be the case, but the people in it do not represent a race or what one can expect of a race,
they represent what one can expect of those living in those circumstances. The crime, lack of integrity, violence, drugs, etc., that you cite, are all products of the poverty & ignorance, and mentality of the ghetto.

Wrong... I'm reminded daily of what I can expect from black americans.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Wrong... I'm reminded daily of what I can expect from black americans.
and I'm constantly reminded of the pungent garbage comes out of the pie hole of racist pond scum like you
!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
and I'm constantly reminded of the pungent garbage comes out of the pie hole of racist pond scum like you

Silence mexicant..

Face it.. racism is just the truth that minorities don't want to hear.  Don't worry buddy.. most latinos are alright.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
If you look at stastistics, read the paper, look around you, and use common sense, it is pretty obvious who is committing the majority of violent crime in America. I don't live in Canada or Europe so I can not comment on how things are there, but it it is very obvious what is happening here. It is not just socio-economic as the liberal apologists want to claim. There aren't huge amounts of so-called "trailer -trash" or poor whites joining gangs in record numbers..going around carjacking people, doing drive by shootings, killing each other just to steal an X-box or play station, spawning enormous amounts of illegitamate children, spreading AIDS at astronomical levels, rejecting education..rejecting the English language . These pathologies are very race specific. When people like Bill Cosby try to make comments on this, he is immediately castigated by the Black community as being a "Sellout". He is accused of "Acting White" because he chose to pursue a lucrative career. Imagine the blacks that marched in the 60's and fought for Civil Rights..how they must feel seeing their efforts squandered on the Underwear out of their pants, Grill sporting, retards that refuse to open a book or speak English and want nothing more to do than rob or kill people. They must feel sick to their stomach that they fought so hard,and now that everyone has opportunities that weren't available in the 60's, their race is representated by "Gangsta's" and idiots like  Al Sharpton.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
If you look at stastistics, read the paper, look around you, and use common sense, it is pretty obvious who is committing the majority of violent crime in America. I don't live in Canada or Europe so I can not comment on how things are there, but it it is very obvious what is happening here. It is not just socio-economic as the liberal apologists want to claim. There aren't huge amounts of so-called "trailer -trash" or poor whites joining gangs in record numbers..going around carjacking people, doing drive by shootings, killing each other just to steal an X-box or play station, spawning enormous amounts of illegitamate children, spreading AIDS at astronomical levels, rejecting education..rejecting the English language . These pathologies are very race specific. When people like Bill Cosby try to make comments on this, he is immediately castigated by the Black community as being a "Sellout". He is accused of "Acting White" because he chose to pursue a lucrative career. Imagine the blacks that marched in the 60's and fought for Civil Rights..how they must feel seeing their efforts squandered on the Underwear out of their pants, Grill sporting, retards that refuse to open a book or speak English and want nothing more to do than rob or kill people. They must feel sick to their stomach that they fought so hard,and now that everyone has opportunities that weren't available in the 60's, their race is representated by "Gangsta's" and idiots like  Al Sharpton.

Excellent post.

C'mon "bendhere do me".. I can't wait to hear what you say to this one.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Silence mexicant..

Face it.. racism is just the truth that minorities don't want to hear.  Don't worry buddy.. most latinos are alright.
i'm not mexican, dumb ass

you couldn't even silence a fart let alone me, peckerwood

as long as you are honest about being a racist I will continue to call you one at every opportunity
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

You're not 100% wrong, but what you're saying is fully representative of what the White media (overall) wants you to think.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
You're not 100% wrong, but what you're saying is fully representative of what the White media (overall) wants you to think.

Even if the media (overall) is a bunch of scumbags.. he's not even 15% wrong.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
If you look at stastistics, read the paper, look around you, and use common sense, it is pretty obvious who is committing the majority of violent crime in America.

I don't live in Canada or Europe so I can not comment on how things are there, but it it is very obvious what is happening here. It is not just socio-economic as the liberal apologists want to claim.

There aren't huge amounts of so-called "trailer -trash" or poor whites joining gangs in record numbers..going around carjacking people, doing drive by shootings, killing each other just to steal an X-box or play station, spawning enormous amounts of illegitamate children, spreading AIDS at astronomical levels, rejecting education..rejecting the English language.

These pathologies are very race specific. When people like Bill Cosby try to make comments on this, he is immediately castigated by the Black community as being a "Sellout". He is accused of "Acting White" because he chose to pursue a lucrative career.

Imagine the blacks that marched in the 60's and fought for Civil Rights..how they must feel seeing their efforts squandered on the Underwear out of their pants, Grill sporting, retards that refuse to open a book or speak English and want nothing more to do than rob or kill people.

They must feel sick to their stomach that they fought so hard,and now that everyone has opportunities that weren't available in the 60's, their race is representated by "Gangsta's" and idiots like  Al Sharpton.

It is only socio-economic.

But you do not seem to understand what this mean.

It means that the culture, the social structure of these minorities are dysfunctional.

That these social groups are inferior.

But it does NOT mean that they are RACIALLY inferior.

EG, if a random negro or latino family would incubate in typical caucasian neighborhood, there wouldn't be any of the problems typically associated with those ethnicities.

So it is a socio-economic construction.

Because the negros and the latinos comes from a democratically and socially weak history.

Don't forget that the negros were brought to USA as slaves only a couple of hundred years ago. No blacks that post on this board have a free past that is older than 100 years old.

And USA was segregated well into the 60's.

So STFU and look how the playing field can be leveled instead.

As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
From Katrina Hurricane to Music, everything it other people's fault  ::)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
George Bush hates black people.  :P

youandme

• Getbig V

So STFU and look how the playing field can be leveled instead.

Haha so I guess we should decrease the volatility to benefit everyone huh?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
From Katrina Hurricane to Music, everything it other people's fault  ::)

Never said blacks and latinos can get a free pass.

But it is only total idiots who will say that socio economical aspects have nothing to do with it all.

And only idiots who will start yapping about socio economics, without a grasp on what it is.

I don't think it is necessary to be a pol science student to discuss these matters, but you should at least be able to admit when you're fcuking wrong. ::)
As empty as paradise

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
From today's Palm beach Post, Florida newspaper..on the Scholastic Awards given out locally and statewide. Draw your own conclusions. Obviously education is not valued equally by all communities.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More than 1,000 of Palm Beach County's high school graduates were eligible last year for the top Bright Futures Scholarship award - full university tuition and fees, plus pocket cash for books and other college expenses.

Just 30 of those students were black. One hundred were Hispanic.Statewide, Bright Futures awards to minority, and particularly black high school graduates is no better, taking higher education out of reach for some students who may make the grades to get into college, but not to earn the wholly academic-based state scholarship. Data received from a Palm Beach Post public records request shows that white students are the overwhelming beneficiaries of Bright Futures Scholarships, with 67 percent of all awards in Palm Beach County going to them last year.
Palm Beach County's public high school population is 43 percent white, 30 percent black, and 21 percent Hispanic.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Alicia is hot...
that is all.carry on.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Agree with the beginning of your statement hedgehog...and the only true and honest way 'to even the playing field' is for those people to decide to change their self-limiting attitudes, poor decisionmaking, broken families, etc and start promoting good values, good family relationships and community support through focusing on education and acheivement as the way to better oneself.  This is the way other immigrants and minority groups in the world have broken racial poverty trends. 

I am all for improving access and the quality of education in the schools because thats essential IMO...but until the community and families themself see education and acheivement as a path for success and actively support it, its not going to happen in large enough #s in poor areas.

At minimum, minority communities need to stop glorifying the rap/gangsta rap image.  Nearly everything about that image, its values, and its focus is contrary to honest success in the real world.  Besides social and economic disadvantages, this is something they can directly control.  Build the spirits and hope of the young people, don't make them bitter, materialistic, hateful, and lazy through poor role models.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

AMEN, Shootfighter.

I don't want to dog Brixton or Chemist out for feeling the way they do, but I hope that they'll read your words from a White man's perspective and take them to heart.

I'm lucky as hell and have never once discounted that reality.  I'm from a hard-working, well-educated family with strong values, and that upbringing had a tremendous bearing on what I've become as an adult. 

But without the opportunities afforded to me by a family that valued hard work and education, there is NO TELLING where I would be today, given that I grew up in a poor neighborhood that seemed to have almost a 60-40 mix of people who worked vs people who sat around collecting various forms of welfare, even though they seemed perfectly healthy to me. 

I don't know how to solve all the situations in Black America, but I do know that all the money in the world cannot solve the problems that plague us. 

And although I may bob my head to the beats from time-to-time, I agree wholeheartedly that we should abandon any and all things - including music - that do not promote self-love and the love of all people, especially those who look most like us. 

But as long as Whites and Jews and Asians can turn huge profits from it, that type of music isn't going anywhere anytime soon.