Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 37776 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Climate change/global warming is real
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2011, 04:52:22 AM »
We are getting another 12" of global warming in NYC tommorow.   

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2011, 05:25:13 AM »
We are getting another 12" of global warming in NYC tommorow.   

where are we going to put all that snow?

I guess Xerxes is boycotting the subject cause he finally came to the conclusion that he is wrong.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2011, 05:31:05 AM »
where are we going to put all that snow?

I guess Xerxes is boycotting the subject cause he finally came to the conclusion that he is wrong.

don't know - my block still has a shit load from the last one.   

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
Thank you for this information but it is totally irrelevant to the debate, dr phil  ::).

What grad paper is that? Possible to read somewhere? I can't really understand why or how your one friends GRAD PAPER will inform me better than the majority of scientists (no offence but come on, it's a grad paper not a magic bullet).

A survey of 3146 earth scientists asked the question "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?" (Doran 2009).

More than 90% of participants had Ph.D.s, and 7% had master’s degrees. Overall, 82% of the scientists answered yes.

However, what are most interesting are responses compared to the level of expertise in climate science.

Of scientists who were non-climatologists and didn't publish research, 77% answered yes. In contrast, 97.5% of climatologists who actively publish research on climate change responded yes.

and its only common sense as well...............
K

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
Parts of CT got 28 inches of Global Warming today.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »

;D

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »

I don't think i'll have to work again tomorrow...Today was a waste, as it took 5 hours just cleaning the damn snow up.. Absolutely no where to put the snow..

This global warming shit is backbreaking no doubt.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
Basically, climate change is rubbish.

Edit: Human acceleration of climate change is rubbish.

of course it is

way for lawyeras n governmetn shitheads to soak taxpayer for infalted price environmental studies

stealing using moral bullshit

dem specialty

can all dems jsut move to canada already?

example:  new jersy is being sued by feds+new york for ending a tunnel prject tha tNJ taxpaer is on line for billions in pssible overflow costs [yep environemtnal stuides cost in millions]

suing for 250M dollars

cost fo estimate on project 600m
600m!!! jsut to do environmental studies?
WHAt THE FUCK

http://www.dnainfo.com/20101007/manhattan/arc-tunnel-project-killed-by-new-jersey-governor
http://www.northjersey.com/news/111657969_Feds_say_Christie_knew_risk_on_tunnel.html

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »
WHY DO YOU MAKE ME POST HERE AGAIN?! LET THIS THREAD DIE PLEASE!!!!

While you guys are bitching and moaning about a little snow (booo hooo, get over it fucking crybabies) this is the situation in Australia

Seriously 3333333333 you fucking propaganda machine IDIOT, if you are gonna bump this thread again with stupid shit like this, I WILL EMBARRASS YOU AGAIN

This is the same Australian city, Brisbane, in a similar if not worse flood situation in 1974 bro, around the same time the pseudo scientific experts (aka climate scientists) were predicting a new ice age and global cooling  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
EDIT:

I DELETED THE ORIGINAL VIDEO BECAUSE IT WAS A PACK OF LIES.

Climate change study had 'significant error': experts
AFP/File – A farmer works a wheat field. A climate change study that projected a 2.4 degree Celsius increase in … .by Kerry Sheridan Kerry Sheridan – Wed Jan 19, 11:33 am ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A climate change study that projected a 2.4 degree Celsius increase in temperature and massive worldwide food shortages in the next decade was seriously flawed, scientists said Wednesday.

The study was posted on the website of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and was written about by numerous international news agencies, including AFP.

But AAAS later retracted the study as experts cited numerous errors in its approach.

"A reporter with The Guardian alerted us yesterday to concerns about the news release submitted by Hoffman & Hoffman public relations," said AAAS spokeswoman Ginger Pinholster in an email to AFP.

"We immediately contacted a climate change expert, who confirmed that the information raised many questions in his mind, too. We swiftly removed the news release from our Web site and contacted the submitting organization."

Scientist Osvaldo Canziani, who was part of the 2007 Nobel Prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, was listed as the scientific advisor to the report.

The IPCC, whose figures were cited as the basis for the study's projections, and Al Gore jointly won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2007 "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change," the prize committee said at the time.

Canziani's spokesman said Tuesday he was ill and was unavailable for interviews.

The study cited the UN group's figures for its projections, combined with "the business-as-usual path the world is currently following," said lead author Liliana Hisas of the Universal Ecological Fund (UEF), a non-profit group headquartered in Argentina.

But climate scientist Rey Weymann told AFP that the "study contains a significant error in that it confuses 'equilibrium' temperature rise with 'transient temperature rise.'"

He also noted that study author Hisas was told of the problems in advance of the report's release.

"The author of the study was told by several of us about this error but she said it was too late to change it," said Weymann.

Scientist Scott Mandia forwarded to AFP an email he said he sent to Hisas ahead of publication explaining why her figures did not add up, and noting that it would take "quite a few decades" to reach a warming level of 2.4 degrees Celsius.

"Even if we assume the higher end of the current warming rate, we should only be 0.2C warmer by 2020 than today," Mandia wrote.

"To get to +2.4C the current trend would have to immediately increase almost ten-fold."

Mandia described the mishap as an "honest and common mistake," but said the matter would certainly give fuel to skeptics of humans' role in climate change.

"More alarmism," said Mandia. "Don't get me wrong. We are headed to 2.4, it is just not going to happen in 2020."

Many people do not understand the cumulative effect of carbon emissions and how they impact climate change, Mandia said.

"This is something that people don't appreciate. We tied a record in 2010 (for temperature records) globally. That is primarily from the C02 we put in the atmosphere in the 70s and early 80s, and we have been ramping up since then," he said.

"So it is not good. We are seeing the response from a mistake we were making 20 years ago, and we are making bigger mistakes today."

The public relations firm that issued the report on the UEF's behalf said the group stands by the study and would issue a statement to that effect.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110119/ts_afp/climatewarmingfood_20110119163335

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
This is when 333386 goes from being obsessive to a fucking idiot. I love to argue but even I will admit when my side of the arguement got some serious flaws. Obviously we're unclear of how exactly climate change will play out, but you gotta be a fucking idiot to not think it's real.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2011, 03:17:39 PM »
This is when 333386 goes from being obsessive to a fucking idiot. I love to argue but even I will admit when my side of the arguement got some serious flaws. Obviously we're unclear of how exactly climate change will play out, but you gotta be a fucking idiot to not think it's real.

Yeah, it snowed last week in NYC.  Today it rained a little and then went to about 35 degrees.   Next week its going to get colder here, hence climate change.   

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »

You belong on the time-out board...Only three posters belive in climate change...Xerxes, Tbomz, and Lundrenisgod..Two of the have experimented with ther males, and xexres was picured acting gay..All three posters are younger and very naive..

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

Climate change study had 'significant error': experts
AFP/File – A farmer works a wheat field. A climate change study that projected a 2.4 degree Celsius increase in … .by Kerry Sheridan Kerry Sheridan – Wed Jan 19, 11:33 am ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A climate change study that projected a 2.4 degree Celsius increase in temperature and massive worldwide food shortages in the next decade was seriously flawed, scientists said Wednesday.

The study was posted on the website of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and was written about by numerous international news agencies, including AFP.

But AAAS later retracted the study as experts cited numerous errors in its approach.

"A reporter with The Guardian alerted us yesterday to concerns about the news release submitted by Hoffman & Hoffman public relations," said AAAS spokeswoman Ginger Pinholster in an email to AFP.

"We immediately contacted a climate change expert, who confirmed that the information raised many questions in his mind, too. We swiftly removed the news release from our Web site and contacted the submitting organization."

Scientist Osvaldo Canziani, who was part of the 2007 Nobel Prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, was listed as the scientific advisor to the report.

The IPCC, whose figures were cited as the basis for the study's projections, and Al Gore jointly won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2007 "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change," the prize committee said at the time.

Canziani's spokesman said Tuesday he was ill and was unavailable for interviews.

The study cited the UN group's figures for its projections, combined with "the business-as-usual path the world is currently following," said lead author Liliana Hisas of the Universal Ecological Fund (UEF), a non-profit group headquartered in Argentina.

But climate scientist Rey Weymann told AFP that the "study contains a significant error in that it confuses 'equilibrium' temperature rise with 'transient temperature rise.'"

He also noted that study author Hisas was told of the problems in advance of the report's release.

"The author of the study was told by several of us about this error but she said it was too late to change it," said Weymann.

Scientist Scott Mandia forwarded to AFP an email he said he sent to Hisas ahead of publication explaining why her figures did not add up, and noting that it would take "quite a few decades" to reach a warming level of 2.4 degrees Celsius.

"Even if we assume the higher end of the current warming rate, we should only be 0.2C warmer by 2020 than today," Mandia wrote.

"To get to +2.4C the current trend would have to immediately increase almost ten-fold."

Mandia described the mishap as an "honest and common mistake," but said the matter would certainly give fuel to skeptics of humans' role in climate change.

"More alarmism," said Mandia. "Don't get me wrong. We are headed to 2.4, it is just not going to happen in 2020."

Many people do not understand the cumulative effect of carbon emissions and how they impact climate change, Mandia said.

"This is something that people don't appreciate. We tied a record in 2010 (for temperature records) globally. That is primarily from the C02 we put in the atmosphere in the 70s and early 80s, and we have been ramping up since then," he said.

"So it is not good. We are seeing the response from a mistake we were making 20 years ago, and we are making bigger mistakes today."

The public relations firm that issued the report on the UEF's behalf said the group stands by the study and would issue a statement to that effect.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110119/ts_afp/climatewarmingfood_20110119163335

Doesn't surprise me at all after climategate. These same people are still pushing this climate change shit. However, the whole movement has lost cridibility the last few years.The only people that still belive are the generation nothingness, xerxes, tdixxle, lundrenisgod

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
Shoveled 16" of global warming in NYC today.   

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
Shoveled 16" of global warming in NYC today.   

We got more or less the same...Most snow ever in january in Fairfeild county..

The global warming isn't letting up this year...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2011, 12:46:45 AM »
Brrrrr.... fuck it. First thing tomorrow I'm going out to the garden to burn a load of old tyres and aerosol cans, and see if I can get global warming kickstarted again.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2011, 01:16:55 AM »
Brrrrr.... fuck it. First thing tomorrow I'm going out to the garden to burn a load of old tyres and aerosol cans, and see if I can get global warming kickstarted again.

I just closed the door of the frig.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
It's "you're", fucking untermensch:)
or: yer an idiot..

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2011, 11:49:49 AM »
or: yer an idiot..

:) :) :)

For "tbombz":

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism
By James Taylor | Forbes – 21 hrs ago

....NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

"The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.

The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.

Scientists on all sides of the global warming debate are in general agreement about how much heat is being directly trapped by human emissions of carbon dioxide (the answer is "not much"). However, the single most important issue in the global warming debate is whether carbon dioxide emissions will indirectly trap far more heat by causing large increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds. Alarmist computer models assume human carbon dioxide emissions indirectly cause substantial increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds (each of which are very effective at trapping heat), but real-world data have long shown that carbon dioxide emissions are not causing as much atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds as the alarmist computer models have predicted.

The new NASA Terra satellite data are consistent with long-term NOAA and NASA data indicating atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds are not increasing in the manner predicted by alarmist computer models. The Terra satellite data also support data collected by NASA's ERBS satellite showing far more longwave radiation (and thus, heat) escaped into space between 1985 and 1999 than alarmist computer models had predicted. Together, the NASA ERBS and Terra satellite data show that for 25 years and counting, carbon dioxide emissions have directly and indirectly trapped far less heat than alarmist computer models have predicted.

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

When objective NASA satellite data, reported in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, show a "huge discrepancy" between alarmist climate models and real-world facts, climate scientists, the media and our elected officials would be wise to take notice. Whether or not they do so will tell us a great deal about how honest the purveyors of global warming alarmism truly are.

James M. Taylor is senior fellow for environment policy at The Heartland Institute and managing editor of Environment & Climate News.

Also Read

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html