Author Topic: 2008 nfl schedule  (Read 14589 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 2008 nfl schedule
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »
Don't forget about the Chargers.  Still one of the most talented teams in the NFL with arguably the league's best player (LT). 
I like the chargers i really do, the only thing I dont like is phillip rivers the guy seems like a real dick head

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
LOL well traditionally the browns and the bengals are shit so its not so hard to be a "powerhouse" lol in your division. 3 out of the 4 teams in the afc south would have won in your division last season...lol "powerhouse" hahaha

the browns were 10 - 6 last year, the same record as the super bowl winning giants and they missed the playoffs

the steelers have won a super bowl and have been to the playoffs numerous times throughout this decade so yes they are traditionally a powerhouse, i don't know how else you can define a team as a "powerhouse",only the patriots and colts have won more games then the mighty back and gold

your texas have yet to finish better than .500, need i say more?:-*

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »
I like the chargers i really do, the only thing I dont like is phillip rivers the guy seems like a real dick head

all great qb's are dick head's

he's just more open about it

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
the browns were 10 - 6 last year, the same record as the super bowl winning giants and they missed the playoffs

the steelers have won a super bowl and have been to the playoffs numerous times throughout this decade so yes they are traditionally a powerhouse, i don't know how else you can define a team as a "powerhouse",only the patriots and colts have won more games then the mighty back and gold

your texas have yet to finish better than .500, need i say more?:-*

E
LOL you said traditionally and TRADITIONALLY the browns and the bengals are shit are they not? its real easy to get to the playoffs when your division sucks ass if our teams switched divisions the Texans would have been in the playoffs and the steelers wouldnt have!!!! hahah powerhouse gezzzz...back in the day yes you were a powerhouse, steel curtain and such but these days my friend you only make it to the playoffs b/c of the lack of depth in your division you had the second worse record of any confrence champ last year buddy.

LOL we are a new teammm bro. how many years have you finished under 500 i bet more than us...but that doesnt matter b/c youve been around longer right??? well us hitting 500 only once doesnt matter b/c we havent been around that long...sry earl 8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »

E
first of he isnt a great qb, and second i havent seen many qb's mouthing off to fans and taunting and wording obcenities to opponents across the field...you?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »

E

Ryan Leaf should've been a Hall of Famer then.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »
LOL you said traditionally and TRADITIONALLY the browns and the bengals are shit are they not? its real easy to get to the playoffs when your division sucks ass if our teams switched divisions the Texans would have been in the playoffs and the steelers wouldnt have!!!! hahah powerhouse gezzzz...back in the day yes you were a powerhouse, steel curtain and such but these days my friend you only make it to the playoffs b/c of the lack of depth in your division you had the second worse record of any confrence champ last year buddy.

LOL we are a new teammm bro. how many years have you finished under 500 i bet more than us...but that doesnt matter b/c youve been around longer right??? well us hitting 500 only once doesnt matter b/c we havent been around that long...sry earl 8)

ok I seriously owned you in the last post and I was expecting you to take it like a man and just bow your head and be on your way but like your team you take beatings and come back for more

you only think what you want to think, you want to think that your bottom feeding texans would do better if they played in another division but you have no proof whatsoever of that, they are just a blip on the nfl radar, completely irrelevant and if you keep up the outrageous and delusional trash talk i will run you off this board like i ran off "old school flip" and "ozmo" who both had the audacity to think that the 49ers and alex smith would be better than the steelers hahaha ;D

like i said we have won a super bowl, won numerous divisons, playoff games, and finished 15 -1 which was the best record the afc ever had until last year and have a greater winning percentage than all but 2 teams

those are facts, nothing you said was a fact, just delusional and wishful thinking :-*

hahaha i thought i saw it all but little did i know a fuckin texans fan would get snippy with me ;D

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »
first of he isnt a great qb, and second i havent seen many qb's mouthing off to fans and taunting and wording obcenities to opponents across the field...you?

i'm not necessarily calling him a great qb at this point but he did make the pro bowl in his first year as a starter and led his team to the afc title game in his 2nd year

would you honestly take schwaub over him?  if so that is almost as funny as "old school flip" saying he would take alex smith over Mr. Roethlisberger haha ;D

and like I said HE IS MORE OPEN ABOUT BEING A DICK HEAD you need to be a cocky douche to be a good qb

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
Ryan Leaf should've been a Hall of Famer then.

he wasn't a dick head, he was a head case

big difference

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »
ok I seriously owned you in the last post and I was expecting you to take it like a man and just bow your head and be on your way but like your team you take beatings and come back for more

you only think what you want to think, you want to think that your bottom feeding texans would do better if they played in another division but you have no proof whatsoever of that, they are just a blip on the nfl radar, completely irrelevant and if you keep up the outrageous and delusional trash talk i will run you off this board like i ran off "old school flip" and "ozmo" who both had the audacity to think that the 49ers and alex smith would be better than the steelers hahaha ;D

like i said we have won a super bowl, won numerous divisons, playoff games, and finished 15 -1 which was the best record the afc ever had until last year and have a greater winning percentage than all but 2 teams

those are facts, nothing you said was a fact, just delusional and wishful thinking :-*

hahaha i thought i saw it all but little did i know a fuckin texans fan would get snippy with me ;D

E
LOL E E E man i stated many facts the first of which you having the second worst record of any confrence champ last yr mainly b/c of the shitty division, fact 2 the Texans record would have gotten them into the playoffs last year in your division and your record would have left you out in ours, fact 3 your club has more under 500 finishes than mine, keep clutching to your past glories bro and by all means run me off this board....LOL muwhwehfahadfha "powerhouse" hahahhehehaeh ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »
i'm not necessarily calling him a great qb at this point but he did make the pro bowl in his first year as a starter and led his team to the afc title game in his 2nd year

would you honestly take schwaub over him?  if so that is almost as funny as "old school flip" saying he would take alex smith over Mr. Roethlisberger haha ;D

and like I said HE IS MORE OPEN ABOUT BEING A DICK HEAD you need to be a cocky douche to be a good qb

E
hmmm like I said im not sure about shuab as of yet he hasnt really done much to prove himself in my eyes just yet...however i do think that any decent qb which i think rivers is decent put in his situation could have accomplished the same, the offensive weapons he has had coupled with the defense he has had is a great asset.
why do you think you have to be a cocky douche to be a good qb?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »
LOL E E E man i stated many facts the first of which you having the second worst record of any confrence champ last yr mainly b/c of the shitty division, fact 2 the Texans record would have gotten them into the playoffs last year in your division and your record would have left you out in ours, fact 3 your club has more under 500 finishes than mine, keep clutching to your past glories bro and by all means run me off this board....LOL muwhwehfahadfha "powerhouse" hahahhehehaeh ;D

we had the same record as the super bowl winning giants and the browns had the same record and missed the playoffs, name another division that had a 10 win team that missed the playoffs

it's a "shitty" division in your simple and delusional mind only :P

what was the texans record last year?  i honestly don't know because they are so irrelvant, all i know is it was below .500 :D

no shit my team has more .500 finishes than the texans, they've been around for like 6 years

and who made the playoffs and won more playoff games in that time span?  oh that's right THE MIGHTY BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you're a texans fan that means you were an oilers fan, houston has never had a winning football team :'(

i bring the facts, you bring the trash 8)

a texans fan talking trash to a steelers fan is as laughable as a 5'2 110lb man picking a fight with a 6'8 300lb man

the smallest dogs bark the loudest ;)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:17 PM »
hmmm like I said im not sure about shuab as of yet he hasnt really done much to prove himself in my eyes just yet...however i do think that any decent qb which i think rivers is decent put in his situation could have accomplished the same, the offensive weapons he has had coupled with the defense he has had is a great asset.
why do you think you have to be a cocky douche to be a good qb?

the chargers didn't start making the playoffs until rivers became their qb, he manages the game better than brees

i think you have to be a cocky douche to be a good qb because that's how all of them are, the socially intelligent ones act humble and modest because they know that will make them more likable and increase their endorsement opportunities

you really think guys like peyton manning are nice humble guys haha? seriously ???

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »
the chargers didn't start making the playoffs until rivers became their qb, he manages the game better than brees

i think you have to be a cocky douche to be a good qb because that's how all of them are, the socially intelligent ones act humble and modest because they know that will make them more likable and increase their endorsement opportunities

you really think guys like peyton manning are nice humble guys haha? seriously ???

E
Like i said i dont think hes bad i wouldnt call him a great qb by any means though, hes a decent to good qb
ya i do, what causes you to think otherwise?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
Like i said i dont think hes bad i wouldnt call him a great qb by any means though, hes a decent to good qb
ya i do, what causes you to think otherwise?

you have to be extremely confident to excel at the position, especially at the nfl level

you can't have extreme confidence without arrogance

oh and he supposedly charged $250,000 just to make an appearance at a bar mitvah :o

tell me that's not a douche

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »
we had the same record as the super bowl winning giants and the browns had the same record and missed the playoffs, name another division that had a 10 win team that missed the playoffs

it's a "shitty" division in your simple and delusional mind only :P

what was the texans record last year?  i honestly don't know because they are so irrelvant, all i know is it was below .500 :D

no shit my team has more .500 finishes than the texans, they've been around for like 6 years

and who made the playoffs and won more playoff games in that time span?  oh that's right THE MIGHTY BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you're a texans fan that means you were an oilers fan, houston has never had a winning football team :'(

i bring the facts, you bring the trash 8)

a texans fan talking trash to a steelers fan is as laughable as a 5'2 110lb man picking a fight with a 6'8 300lb man

the smallest dogs bark the loudest ;)

E
THe browns didnt deserve to go and you know it and the fact that 3 teams from our conference did make it to the playoffs should tell you how good our conference is, LOL the reason they missed is b/c the titans had a better record guess what the titans are in our conference!!!. The Texans record last year was 8 and 8 and thank you for MAKING MY POINT, about you saying weve only hit 500 once were a new team no shit weve only hit it once, just like NO SHIT you have more less than 500 seasons b/c your an old team...I was an Oilers fan yes but what does that have to do with it, that is a different team/franchise all together than the one we have now?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »
you have to be extremely confident to excel at the position, especially at the nfl level

you can't have extreme confidence without arrogance

oh and he supposedly charged $250,000 just to make an appearance at a bar mitvah :o

tell me that's not a douche

E
LOL yes i agree to an extent but you dont have to let your arrogance show...peyton comes across as confident but humble rivers dick head...lol
you mean a bar miztvah I assume, did he even know the kid who was having it...what were the circumstances?

body88

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 06:53:32 AM »
HOF QB's

1A Brady - 1B Manning - Farve

Very Good QB's

Palmer - Breeze - Hasselback - Big Ben - Romo - David Gerrard - Mcnabb

Good Qb's

Eli Manning - Derek Anderson - Jeff Garcia - Rivers

Average Qb's

Edwards - Pennington - Schwabb - Cambell - Croyle - Vince Young

Crap

Losmen - Rex - Boller - Cleo Lemon - etc....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 08:12:44 AM »
HOF QB's

1A Brady - 1B Manning - Farve

Very Good QB's

Palmer - Breeze - Hasselback - Big Ben - Romo - David Gerrard - Mcnabb

Good Qb's

Eli Manning - Derek Anderson - Jeff Garcia - Rivers

Average Qb's

Edwards - Pennington - Schwabb - Cambell - Croyle - Vince Young

Crap

Losmen - Rex - Boller - Cleo Lemon - etc....
waste of f'in space qb's david carr, lol sorry i hate that guy

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 10:47:21 AM »
THe browns didnt deserve to go and you know it and the fact that 3 teams from our conference did make it to the playoffs should tell you how good our conference is, LOL the reason they missed is b/c the titans had a better record guess what the titans are in our conference!!!. The Texans record last year was 8 and 8 and thank you for MAKING MY POINT, about you saying weve only hit 500 once were a new team no shit weve only hit it once, just like NO SHIT you have more less than 500 seasons b/c your an old team...I was an Oilers fan yes but what does that have to do with it, that is a different team/franchise all together than the one we have now?

the point is 10 win teams make the playoffs 90% of the time, how many times do i have to point out that they had the same record as the super bowl winning giants who play in a weaker nfc conference? ::)

after 6 years your team still hasn't gotten anywhere near the playoffs, the jaguars and panthers made the conference title game in their 2nd year of existence and the expansion browns made the playoffs after 4 years so quit using the "we've only been around for a few years" excuse and blaming it on your conference, the jaguars and titans have missed the playoffs more often than not over the last few years

i know you hate facts but that's just the way it is 8)

and the oilers were a houston team that sucked just like the texans, you are in no position to ever talk back to steeler fan like myself, little dog :P

you know your team is a joke when you get excited about finishing .500, calling out arguably the greatest football franchise ever is quite stupid though :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
LOL yes i agree to an extent but you dont have to let your arrogance show...peyton comes across as confident but humble rivers dick head...lol
you mean a bar miztvah I assume, did he even know the kid who was having it...what were the circumstances?

phil is just being real, i respect that

no he did not know the kid

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
the point is 10 win teams make the playoffs 90% of the time, how many times do i have to point out that they had the same record as the super bowl winning giants who play in a weaker nfc conference? ::)

after 6 years your team still hasn't gotten anywhere near the playoffs, the jaguars and panthers made the conference title game in their 2nd year of existence and the expansion browns made the playoffs after 4 years so quit using the "we've only been around for a few years" excuse and blaming it on your conference, the jaguars and titans have missed the playoffs more often than not over the last few years

i know you hate facts but that's just the way it is 8)

and the oilers were a houston team that sucked just like the texans, you are in no position to ever talk back to steeler fan like myself, little dog :P

you know your team is a joke when you get excited about finishing .500, calling out arguably the greatest football franchise ever is quite stupid though :)

E
LOL ill i hear is blah blah blah we used to be good i swearrrr ;D I agree with you on one thing though it has been a shitty 6 yrs with the exeception of last yr b/c last yr wasnt so bad but i blame that on david carr and the unimaginable amount of faith and energy spent on him, which is why im also a cowboys fan now

we will just have to wait and see what happens next season i guess...your goin down sucka

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:10 AM »
phil is just being real, i respect that

no he did not know the kid

E
NO he is being a spoiled dick head, your a professional athelete fukin act like one have some class...

LOL what do you expect then, do you often go to ppls functions that you dont know for no reason...probably not I would guess if thats why you think mannings a dick then its a shitty reason

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
LOL ill i hear is blah blah blah we used to be good i swearrrr ;D I agree with you on one thing though it has been a shitty 6 yrs with the exeception of last yr b/c last yr wasnt so bad but i blame that on david carr and the unimaginable amount of faith and energy spent on him, which is why im also a cowboys fan now

we will just have to wait and see what happens next season i guess...your goin down sucka

we used to be good?  we won the super bowl two years ago and made the playoffs last year, what more do you want?

"fans" like you piss me off, you jump on winning teams bandwagon, you're a cowboys fan now because they are a super bowl favorite ::)

and like i said, i penciled in the texans game as a sure win 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »
NO he is being a spoiled dick head, your a professional athelete fukin act like one have some class...

LOL what do you expect then, do you often go to ppls functions that you dont know for no reason...probably not I would guess if thats why you think mannings a dick then its a shitty reason

fans are talking trash to him, he gives it back

he has fun with it, instead of being a pussy mumbling words under his breath phillip shouts it back, seems like an alpha male to me 8)

manning is a dick for many reasons, like all successful qb's

E
E