Author Topic: If This Were a Fox Reporter  (Read 5209 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: If This Were a Fox Reporter
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
It wasn't alright that he was in the park during non-operating hours, and ideally, people should keep their drug use in the privacy of their own homes.  But in the long term, advocating personal freedoms will be better than the short term benefits of saving the life of one or two people who use drugs like their idols and get sick.  Prohibition and tenets thereof may help in the short term in some respects, but not in the long term.

Meth is one of those drugs that real users can make, smoke, and enjoy (?) at home without bothering others.

it's only when they mass-produce it, that they blow up their trailers.

This chap should have used it at home.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »
smoking meth and fishing for trouser trout at 3am in a public park.

I guess things have changed since Cronkite retired  ;D

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »
Did the drunk driver have a previous record for DUIs?

How in hell am I supposed to know? It's not like she's my ex or something :-\

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »
This chap should have used it at home.

That would have been the more socially responsible thing to do.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
 ;)

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »
LOL.

For whatever it's worth, the days are over for so-called "biker chemists" who'd produce meth in trailer parks and other backwood holes.  Restrictions on key ingredients have put a serious dent in that sort of thing.

Nowadays, the product is known as "glass" (among other names), and it's made by organized crime, usually non-American, non-white people who further "seal the deal" by adding small amounts of shit like coke and heroin in order to completely hook the users.

I'm happy to see this guy (Queth-t) get his reality check.  Hope he's been investing his salary in something other than just hard drugs.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
Meth has to be the funniest drug

Ingredients in Meth 
 Would you swallow a spoonful of drain cleaner?  Does the thought of injecting brake fluid into your arm appeal to you? Care to top off your dessert with a bit of rat poison?

These are just a few of the common ingredients in Meth.  One reason behind the explosive growth in Meth labs is the availability of the components.  When users smoke, inject or drink Meth, this is what they are sending to their brain, cardiovascular system and throughout their bodies:     

Some Common Meth Ingredients Alcohol -
Gasoline additives/Rubbing   Alcohol
Ether (starting fluid)                 
Benzene
Paint thinner                     
Freon                             
Acetone                   
Chloroform
Camp stove fuel
Anhydrous ammonia
White gasoline
Pheynl-2-Propane
Phenylacetone
Phenylpropanolamine
Rock, table or Epsom salt        Red Phosphorous
    Toluene (found in  brake cleaner)
     Red Devil Lye
     Drain cleaner
     Muraitic acid
     Battery acid
     Lithium from batteries
     Sodium metal
     Ephedrine
     Cold tablets
     Diet aids
     Iodine
     Bronchodialators
     Energy boosters
     Iodine crystals

Lab equipment - including tubing, unmarked Mason jars with tubes attached, stained coffee filters, 2-liter pop bottles, blenders, camera batteries, wooden matches, propane cylinders and hot plates - are tip offs to the production of Meth.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »
Their home page FOXnews.com contains new stories that happened today.

Why would a serious new organization like FOX leave reporting of stories like this to its pundits, instead of reporting it as news, as Drudge and CNN.com did? 

Is there some benefit to having the news reported with an admitted slant, 3 days late, instead of when it happens?

Because they don't like to admit that CNN exist.

Just like any other big media outlet, they all try to ignore each other.

As much as possible.

But I would like to see Intensone's take on why CNN is reporting on this and FoxNews is not.
As empty as paradise

The Coach

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
Meth has to be the funniest drug

Ingredients in Meth 
 Would you swallow a spoonful of drain cleaner?  Does the thought of injecting brake fluid into your arm appeal to you? Care to top off your dessert with a bit of rat poison?

These are just a few of the common ingredients in Meth.  One reason behind the explosive growth in Meth labs is the availability of the components.  When users smoke, inject or drink Meth, this is what they are sending to their brain, cardiovascular system and throughout their bodies:     

Some Common Meth Ingredients Alcohol -
Gasoline additives/Rubbing   Alcohol
Ether (starting fluid)                 
Benzene
Paint thinner                     
Freon                             
Acetone                   
Chloroform
Camp stove fuel
Anhydrous ammonia
White gasoline
Pheynl-2-Propane
Phenylacetone
Phenylpropanolamine
Rock, table or Epsom salt        Red Phosphorous
    Toluene (found in  brake cleaner)
     Red Devil Lye
     Drain cleaner
     Muraitic acid
     Battery acid
     Lithium from batteries
     Sodium metal
     Ephedrine
     Cold tablets
     Diet aids
     Iodine
     Bronchodialators
     Energy boosters
     Iodine crystals

Lab equipment - including tubing, unmarked Mason jars with tubes attached, stained coffee filters, 2-liter pop bottles, blenders, camera batteries, wooden matches, propane cylinders and hot plates - are tip offs to the production of Meth.

Freaking halarious :-\ ???

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »

Because they don't like to admit that CNN exist.

Just like any other big media outlet, they all try to ignore each other.

As much as possible.

But I would like to see Intensone's take on why CNN is reporting on this and FoxNews is not.

If you look at CNN's ratings compared to Fox's..............they don't exist :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »

We've been talking about their websites.

According to Alexa, CNN.com gets 5 to 6 times the traffic of FOXnews.com

is Alexa.com lying, and if so, is it part of some larger liberal agenda?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »

All three cable news networks — CNN, Fox News and MSNBC — have enjoyed ratings bumps during the primaries. But CNN is able to brag about something it had not been able to since 2001: it topped Fox News in the prime-time ratings for a single month in the 25 to 54 age category, the group most coveted by advertisers.

In February, CNN attracted an average of 750,000 viewers in that category during prime time, compared with 550,000 for Fox News and 363,000 for MSNBC, according to Nielsen. (Across all age groups Fox News remained No. 1, with an average of 2.2 million viewers in prime time, compared with 2 million for CNN.)

Fox gets most of the republican viewers, while CNN and MSNBC have to split the dem voters.  Odd that FOX is getting beaten all of a sudden.  Liberal conspiracy, Joe?

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
We've been talking about their websites.

According to Alexa, CNN.com gets 5 to 6 times the traffic of FOXnews.com

is Alexa.com lying, and if so, is it part of some larger liberal agenda?

Talking about TV ratings Rob, I have no idea who "Alexa" is or what she wants :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »
Talking about TV ratings Rob, I have no idea who "Alexa" is or what she wants :)

Okay. 

My last post showed that FOX is no longer the ratings monster it once was.

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
All three cable news networks — CNN, Fox News and MSNBC — have enjoyed ratings bumps during the primaries. But CNN is able to brag about something it had not been able to since 2001: it topped Fox News in the prime-time ratings for a single month in the 25 to 54 age category, the group most coveted by advertisers.

In February, CNN attracted an average of 750,000 viewers in that category during prime time, compared with 550,000 for Fox News and 363,000 for MSNBC, according to Nielsen. (Across all age groups Fox News remained No. 1, with an average of 2.2 million viewers in prime time, compared with 2 million for CNN.)

Fox gets most of the republican viewers, while CNN and MSNBC have to split the dem voters.  Odd that FOX is getting beaten all of a sudden.  Liberal conspiracy, Joe?

What year? link please

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
What year? link please

March 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/business/media/05cnn.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

And if you try to claim the NY Times (and Project for Excellence in Journalism) fabricated these numbers, I'm going to ask you to source the actual numbers, as that claim won't fly without evidence.

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 02:49:17 PM »
March 2008

And if you try to claim the NY Times (and Project for Excellence in Journalism) fabricated these numbers, I'm going to ask you to source the actual numbers, as that claim won't fly without evidence.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/default.asp

The Coach

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
March 2008

Wait, I just opened this link and I see "Presidential Primaries Lift CNN" Rob, WTF did you expect? You have 2 libs running against each other, of course libs are going to tune in to a lib network for results.............but they still lost to Fox.

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
The meth ingredient list looks pretty nasty.  It's easy to see how a "bad batch" could be just that.

The end result is supposed to be reduced ephedrine - meaning that the oxygen has been removed - crystallized into a salt form.  Shit like drain cleaner, etc., is simply used to extract active ingredients from inactive ones.  But it probably doesn't make for good impurities. 

The fact that it's largely being produced with real lab equipment now would be a good thing for the user's health...if it weren't being made to be more addictive than ever. 
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
Wait, I just opened this link and I see "Presidential Primaries Lift CNN" Rob, WTF did you expect? You have 2 libs running against each other, of course libs are going to tune in to a lib network for results.............but they still lost to Fox.

I didn't claim CNN ruled the game.  But they did rule the #1 demo for a month.  yes, FOX still wins overall, but they're losing ground since 2003, this cannot be denied.

Do you still feel this way?  They lost february (and will likely lose march in this same group).  "They don't exist" isn't accurate.  More like, a #2 that is closing fast on #1.

That's like McD saying Burger King "doesn't exist".  They certainly existed enough to win the top demo for February.

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »
........it would have been front page news in the Liberal media and he would have been held WITH bail and would face jail time;

NEW YORK - A CNN reporter was arrested Friday in Central Park with a small amount of methamphetamine in his pocket, but he avoided jail time by agreeing to undergo drug counseling and therapy.

Richard Quest, 46, was arrested around 3:40 a.m. on a count of possession of a controlled substance — a misdemeanor that usually refers to a personal use amount of a drug. He was also charged with loitering; the park officially closes at 1 a.m.

When police saw and detained Quest, he told them, "I've got some meth in my pocket," according to the complaint filed in court. The complaint said he had a plastic sandwich bag containing methamphetamine in a jacket pocket.

Quest, who is British, is a correspondent for CNN International and is known for his reports on business travel. He hosts "CNN Business Traveler" and "Quest."

At his arraignment in Manhattan's Criminal Court, Judge Anthony Ferrara told Quest that if he attends the counseling and therapy designated by prosecutors for the next six months, his case will dismissed.

The judge allowed Quest to leave court without posting bail. He warned that if Quest failed to comply with the counseling schedule, he could be back in court and on his way to jail.

Quest's lawyer, Alan M. Abramson, said his client "did not realize the park had a curfew. He was returning to his hotel with friends."

CNN had no immediate comment on Quest's arrest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_en_tv/cnn_reporter_charged

Joe you are so very correct here.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

Musa you are so very ignorant everywhere.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »

maybe you can answer why FOX didn't report it.

Yet CNN and Drudge did.

You just inherited Coach's argument.  I await your response :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 02:37:15 AM »

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Your initial post on this thread complained about how it would have been front news in the "Liberal" media if it was a Fox News reporter.
But only CNN wrote about it. Fox didn't cover it at all.

So my question to you is why you think Fox didn't report it at all and CNN did?
As empty as paradise

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2008, 03:04:45 AM »
Why the hell are you guys talking about meth?  The guy had a rope tied around his nuts and a dildo in his boot!  Somehow, that tidbit was left out of the story you linked.  Just in case you missed that, it was:

- A rope tied around his nuts.
- A dildo in his boot.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=450282

Re-discuss.