Author Topic: Ultimate Warrior Returning To The Ring This June  (Read 10055 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ultimate Warrior Returning To The Ring This June
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
if Ric flair is still around, why not the Ultimate one.... ;D

Because Flair relies on wrestling holds, leverage, technique, and a charsimatic character. He can adapt as the years go by. Warrior, on the other hand, relied on pure brute strength and explosiveness. As he gets smaller and weaker, his lack of in-ring skill becomes more apparent. Plus, he hasn't really change his character, as have guys like Flair and Hogan.

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »
Hey, if he can make money and keep the flame going... good for him.  You can never make enough money.  Anyone would do the same.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »
Because Flair relies on wrestling holds, leverage, technique, and a charsimatic character. He can adapt as the years go by. Warrior, on the other hand, relied on pure brute strength and explosiveness. As he gets smaller and weaker, his lack of in-ring skill becomes more apparent. Plus, he hasn't really change his character, as have guys like Flair and Hogan.

I'd agree with you. he will definitely need those things
Get Big, or Die Trying

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »

Exactly!  For all his past appeal, Warrior was a one trick pony.  Look at those arms; the trick (no pun intended) is over. Time to move on.  Like Lex Luger, this guy made a pretty penny in his day; he should be lying on a beach somewhere eating bonbons. Or at least have moved on to something outside the squared circle.  I like old muscle dudes as much as the next guy but seeing him in the ring at 49 trying to play the same game from twenty years ago is not pretty.  :-[

Why can't these guys find wives, girlfriends (or boyfriends) that can help them better manage their earnings?  You'd think by now they would all realize that it's a short ride.  ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »
AHHHH!!! The rumor that just won't die is back.

This all started back in the early 90s. In 1991, he got fired from the then-WWF, for threating not to show at SummerSlam, unless he got paid (reportedly his $500,000 salary) in advance. Vince McMahon, after staving off a plot by Hulk Hogan to beat Warrior up in the locker room, reluctantly agreed to his request but fired him immediately after the PPV.

The Ultimate Warrior returned at WrestleMania VIII in 1992. However, he'd cut his hair and was about 20-25 lighter than he usually was. That's how the rumor got started.

There is (and has been) only one Ultimate Warrior. And that's the man, born Brian James (Jim) Helwig, who legally changed his name to "Warrior" in 1993, shortly after being fired from the WWF a second time.

Dayum!!!

Feel like I've been verbally bitch-slapped by a Star Trek nerd for ignoring some essential trivia, LOL!

The guy was pretty limited but entertaining for a really short gag. He just didn't have the charisma of  Hogan, Flair, Stone Cold, etc...

I will admit having been more of a Legion of Doom fan at that time, LOL! They came, kicked ass and left.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »
In other exciting news, I just took a shit, after eating 12 dozen egg whites with 1 cup of oatmeal.  I also decided to switch back to wearing white socks this week.  The black socks weren't as comfortable.
N

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
In other exciting news, I just took a shit, after eating 12 dozen egg whites with 1 cup of oatmeal.  I also decided to switch back to wearing white socks this week.  The black socks weren't as comfortable.
fuck off homo go look at your pathetic tribal arm band tattoo in the mirror you loser.

The power of the warrior will always prevail.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
if Ric flair is still around, why not the Ultimate one.... ;D

From what I understand, Flair's ex-wife took him to the cleaners in a divorce settlement. That's why Flair had to keep wrestling.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
fuck off homo go look at your pathetic tribal arm band tattoo in the mirror you loser.

The power of the warrior will always prevail.

Sorry I upset you.  I can see the WWF is still a big part of your life..haha, just sad.  And by the 2nd grade put downs in your post, you're either 15, or have a sub par IQ.
It's cool, you're in the majority bro.
N

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »
From what I understand, Flair's ex-wife took him to the cleaners in a divorce settlement. That's why Flair had to keep wrestling.

Could that also spell the return of Hulkamania to the WWE?

Think "Warrior vs. Hogan III" would draw any money?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »
Could that also spell the return of Hulkamania to the WWE?

Think "Warrior vs. Hogan III" would draw any money?

hahah thats like watching my grandpa slap around my grandma

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
hahah thats like watching my grandpa slap around my grandma

Now that's a show I'd buy a ticket for!!  Nothin like an old coot smakin a mouthy broad in the teeth.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »
Now that's a show I'd buy a ticket for!!  Nothin like an old coot smakin a mouthy broad in the teeth.
those silly Asians arent shy about throwing out a good slap or two in public

I remember I was with my boy who was half-chinese, and we spent the day in the city (smoking weed etc...I was in high school) and at dinner we made our way to china town to have a huge dinner with his chinese relatives.  Well I couldnt understand shit, but the food was dope and after eating for a little bit his 90+ yr old grandma said something that annoyed her husband and he straight up hit that bitch in the face with a half hammer punch/ half slap!!!!!!

I almost pissed myself----I had to bite the shit out of my inner cheek to keep from screaming in laughter.  Great Day!!!!!!! ;D