Author Topic: Best IFBB historian - Tim Fogarty or Joe Roark?  (Read 14358 times)

Moosejay

Re: Best IFBB historian - Tim Fogarty or Joe Roark?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »
hey, this thread is suppose to be about me.

people with power want to hold on to that power, and often make decisions that are not in the best interest of society as a whole. (that's my definition of a conservative)    the ethnicity or religion of those people is immaterial. 

now, whether people in power are using superstition (Rapture being just around the corner now) to further their personal gains is something that can be debated.

same can be said for liberal...all the politicos are the same in this respect

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:33 AM »
Tim Fogarty is a great IFBB historian  :)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 01:22:41 AM »
Tim Fogarty is a great IFBB historian  :)

my website is about all of bodybuilding since the 1930s.  the IFBB is only a part of that.   Joe Roark is the official historian of the IFBB.   I've never been a member of the IFBB or the NPC.  I've never even met a Weider.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 01:25:16 AM »
my website is about all of bodybuilding since the 1930s.  the IFBB is only a part of that.   Joe Roark is the official historian of the IFBB.   I've never been a member of the IFBB or the NPC.  I've never even met a Weider.

Now it all makes sense......
HAHA, RON.....

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 01:26:31 AM »

Joe has the official title and knows his stuff.  I imagine I could probably have a conversation about business with 240 or Bust and hold my own, just as I imagine you could probably do the same with Joe in terms of bodybuilding knowledge.  Joe is extremely good with knowing dates and correct spellings of names, contest weights, and all sorts of other details, but I compared you to him because I think you would be someone who possibly knows just as much of these details that he does.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 01:31:45 AM »
IFBB should be to invite Tim Fogarty as another historian.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 01:33:27 AM »

Or perhaps mention him in an article sometime.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:09 AM »
but I compared you to him because I think you would be someone who possibly knows just as much of these details that he does.

the difference between Joe and me is that he know these things off the top of his head.  I need my computer.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 01:40:19 AM »
the difference between Joe and me is that he know these things off the top of his head.  I need my computer.

Fair enough.  Henry Ford was once speaking on the measure of a man's intelligence and that the ability to be resourceful and acquire the information quickly is itself a matter of intelligence.  I'm tired right now, but that sums it up accurately enough.  Your wealth of knowledge is probably close to his.  Aside from just heights, I do know a lot of things about a lot of bodybuilders also, and maybe one day I will know as much as both of you, unless I were to lose interest in following the sport hobby.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »

After Joe and Ben and Jim have all left the scene, I'd like to sit down with Eric, the rule book, and a red pen.

Or maybe be editor of Ironman for one issue

Or perhaps mention him in an article sometime.

http://www.musclememory.com/wiki/index.php?title=MuscleMemory_Press

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 07:06:35 AM »
Not True. Tim has done a colossal amt of work...Melvin, I am started to see why you are held in so much contempt by so many

No he doesn't.  Its no more than data entry work.  Joe Roark is a true bodybuilding historian

BTW, maybe you didn't know but Tim has been bashing my business for years so don't expect me to feel sorry for his ass.
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 07:09:21 AM »
Why can't the Getbig gay guys get along? They keep squabbling with each other.
O

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »
Would you suck a penis for 1 million dollars? (including swallowing the sperm)

check your PM's
$

BRN_Champ

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »
I think tim has very good website

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »
BTW, maybe you didn't know but Tim has been bashing my business for years so don't expect me to feel sorry for his ass.

No, I have not.  I have bashed scam supplements, which many people sells.   And I have criticized your net persona, which you've admitted in PM is just an act that is meant to be provocative, i.e., a gimmick.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
Why can't the Getbig gay guys get along? They keep squabbling with each other.

you don't know the half of it.  Bay and I have had some very heated discussions in PM.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
Is it just me or everytime he posts does anyone else think Tim 'faggoty' and laugh to themselve ;D

LOL

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
Is it just me or everytime he posts does anyone else think Tim 'faggoty' and laugh to themselve ;D

wow, I haven't heard that since 9th grade

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »

I just messing around my friend. You have to see some irony in the fact that not only does your name sound like 'faggoty' but you are in fact a gay ;D

LOL. Very funny for me.

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »
No he doesn't.  Its no more than data entry work.  Joe Roark is a true bodybuilding historian

Melvin, I generally see value in everyone., respect most opinions, and am an easy going guy.

But saying he is just engaging in data entry work is disingenuous on your part.

I don't know you like others here...but just what is...exactly, your deal?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »
I just messing around my friend. You have to see some irony in the fact that not only does your name sound like 'faggoty' but you are in fact a gay ;D

LOL. Very funny for me.

That's what I like about you; your mind is so subtle.

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »
No, I have not.  I have bashed scam supplements, which many people sells.   And I have criticized your net persona, which you've admitted in PM is just an act that is meant to be provocative, i.e., a gimmick.

You bashed my company because I distribute homeopathic supplements and alternative medicine without putting up any information that wasn't bias.

I'm a licensed naturopath and trainer, that's what I do for a living, Tim.  Homeopathic supplements have been  approved and regulated since 1938.

And I stand by my assessment of Muscle Memory.  You're not a historian but a data entry clerk.  Anyone can post results of contests, doesn't take up much time in a day. 

That is the reason why you've only gotten a $50.00 dollars in donations in the last 6 months.  A homeless person could have made in a week begging for spare change.  Just because you got some blue stars from Ron doesn't make you special.   

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »
You bashed my company because I distribute homeopathic supplements and alternative medicine without putting up any information that wasn't bias.

I'm a licensed naturopath and trainer, that's what I do for a living, Tim.  Homeopathic supplements have been  approved and regulated since 1938.

I bash homeopathy.  so what?  The scientific method doesn't support it's claims.  that's not the same as bashing you or your company.    I've bashed that other controversial psuedo-medical field too.   That's not the same as bashing the people who practice it.

And I stand by my assessment of Muscle Memory.  You're not a historian but a data entry clerk.  Anyone can post results of contests, doesn't take up much time in a day. 

and if you read my first reply to this thread, I said I was a statistician.   And anyone can do what I did, assuming they know computer programming and database design (which obviously the people at MD don't).  I've averaged about 10 hours a week on the project, every week for the last 11 years.    At my average billing rate over that time, that comes to over $300k.  All donated to preserve the history of the sport.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
I bash homeopathy.  so what?  The scientific method doesn't support it's claims.  that's not the same as bashing you or your company.    I've bashed that other controversial psuedo-medical field too.   That's not the same as bashing the people who practice it.

and if you read my first reply to this thread, I said I was a statistician.   And anyone can do what I did, assuming they know computer programming and database design (which obviously the people at MD don't).  I've averaged about 10 hours a week on the project, every week for the last 11 years.    At my average billing rate over that time, that comes to over $300k.  All donated to preserve the history of the sport.

Statistician....fancy name for a data entry clerk. 

And don't fancy yourself with your time being worth $300,000 dollars.  If that was the case then you wouldn't be looking for a job,  Your work is worth $50 every six months... ::)

You may have a lot of people that give you props for your website but they don't give you jack shit for the website. 

The people obviously have spoken...nobody gives a shit about MuscleMemory.com.  If they did, then you would have more money than $50 dollars.  That doesn't even pay for your hosting fees, bro.  Why throw money at something people don't care about?? 
A

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

Hadn't you heard it on USENET?  The YouTube PM system reminds me of a shit 1995 version of it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com