Author Topic: An Arnold Board  (Read 44946 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Re: An Arnold Board
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2008, 04:51:31 AM »
Haha, oh brother - all we get is a sticky on the "Positive Board" devoted to Arnold.  ::)

This an insult to the Greatest of All Time.

I refuse to post on it.  >:(

I'm with ya there. Amen to that!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2008, 04:53:05 AM »
thanks, but if you have a sticky everything will get mixed up again.

On a board, you could nicely divide it into different threads.

psst...Donkey Kong. Don't bother telling Chaos that. It'll fall on deaf ears.  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

Until then, feel free to help the 'Arnold thread' flourish, grow like Alps Bizeps ;D

How about until Ron comes to his senses.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2008, 05:20:55 AM »
psst...Donkey Kong. Don't bother telling Chaos that. It'll fall on deaf ears.  ;D
This is what I get for being a nice guy? >:(

Have it your way Pullcock. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2008, 06:40:48 AM »
i will hit the "report to moderator button on every post with a good argument for an Arnold board from now on.

Ron cannot escape this!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »

Seriously, give me the synopsis of an Arnold Board, and who would be a mod to make sure its stay relevant and noteworthy.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »
Seriously, give me the synopsis of an Arnold Board, and who would be a mod to make sure its stay relevant and noteworthy.

OK, Ron. The Arnold Board would be ALL things Schwarzenegger. Whether it's threads, videos, the latest news - anything and everything about The King. Members wouldn't have to search high and low through the Getbig site for Arnold threads, etc., they could just go straight to the source - The Arnold Board!

As for who would mod it? A few people have expressed on this thread that I would make a great mod if such a board was to be created...I tend to agree.  :)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »
OK, Ron. The Arnold Board would be ALL things Schwarzenegger. Whether it's threads, videos, the latest news - anything and everything about The King. Members wouldn't have to search high and low through the Getbig site for Arnold threads, etc., they could just go straight to the source - The Arnold Board!

As for who would mod it? A few people have expressed on this thread that I would make a great mod if such a board was to be created...I tend to agree.  :)

Good sales pitch!  8)

I also nominate Pollux for Arnold Board mod Ron - I would also do it myself too but obviously I'm not on Getbig every single day like some people but I would put the effort in to make sure it runs well. There's probably a few other worthy contenders who could throw their names into the hat too.

As for position on the site - I recommend it should be placed somewhere between the G&O and the Positive Board.  ;D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2008, 12:16:50 AM »
Yep, the board would just simply be all about Arnold. Arnold pics, training, comp history, stories, current news, politics you name it.

Mods, im sure whoever will do it would do a good job. Hell, even i would like to do it. It would be a great board, a great POSITIVE board.
No doubt about it...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2008, 01:26:31 AM »
Yep, the board would just simply be all about Arnold. Arnold pics, training, comp history, stories, current news, politics you name it.

Mods, im sure whoever will do it would do a good job. Hell, even i would like to do it. It would be a great board, a great POSITIVE board.

Yep, and i also vote for Pollux and BigJ to mod it with a strong hand, like the natural board and the supplements board.

No spamming, no flames!

Just Arnold!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:06 AM »
I see Arnold is having a toast to my nomination.  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2008, 12:29:55 PM »
So how 'bout it, Ron. Are we one step closer to having The Arnold Board?  :)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
So how 'bout it, Ron. Are we one step closer to having The Arnold Board?  :)

I think that after six pages Ron's now giving it some serious thought for the first time. I reckon we are just days away from having the Arnold Board.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2008, 03:34:46 PM »

Yes, looking into it more.

And how will we keep it more positive, and interesting, just in case if Arnold does look at it?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
how will we keep it more positive, and interesting, just in case if Arnold does look at it?

As moderator, I'd keep things in check.  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
Not that it matters to The Great Ronaldo, but I think Pollux would make a great mod for an Arnold board. And I can move the existing Arnold thread there to get it started................. even though "Pollcox" boycotted it. ::)

;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Not that it matters to The Great Ronaldo, but I think Pollux would make a great mod for an Arnold board. And I can move the existing Arnold thread there to get it started................. even though "Pollcox" boycotted it. ::)

;D

Wow! Wasn't expecting that from you. Thanks to you and everyone else who's supporting me to be a mod.  8)

So there you have it, Ron. Getbig members want The Arnold Board, and think it would be a great addition to the site! You've got the synopsis; you've got who would be mod. What the hell else do ya need?  ???

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »
Wow! Wasn't expecting that from you.

You've got the synopsis; you've got who would be mod. What the hell is do ya need?  ???

I do think you'd make a good mod.

Where does an Arnold Board go? Should it be a child board of the Positive Board? I think that may be the holdup. Although one of these boards hasn't been posted on since April 22........... ::) Maybe that one could go away and an Arnold Board could be put in it's place?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »

Yes, looking into it more.

And how will we keep it more positive, and interesting, just in case if Arnold does look at it?

The Arnold Board would definitely be positive - I wouldn't want it any other way. I would post on it as if Arnold himself was looking at it. Besides, even when Getbig has been at its bitchiest on the G & O, Arnold rarely gets a bad press on here.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »
The Arnold Board would definitely be positive - I wouldn't want it any other way. I would post on it as if Arnold himself was looking at it. Besides, even when Getbig has been at its bitchiest on the G & O, Arnold rarely gets a bad press on here.

Spot on!

Also, keeping things positive isn't really hard here.

Besides the G&O and the alphabet boards, all boards are properly moderated and positive.  ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: AN ARNOLD BOARD DAMNIT >:(
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »
I don't see the need. There are already too many boards spreading the content too thinly.

Plus he hasn't been great in forever!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »
Plus he hasn't been great in forever!!

When you're given the IFBB Gold Order as the GREATEST bodybuilder of the 20th century and win poll after poll as the greatest bodybuilder of ALL TIME, I'd say you're a lil off base.  ;)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »
I feel good about this. I think Ron may actually give us The Arnold Board - sooner than we think!  8)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2008, 05:31:35 AM »
I'm not gonna let this thread die till we get The Arnold Board.  8)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
When you're given the IFBB Gold Order as the GREATEST bodybuilder of the 20th century and win poll after poll as the greatest bodybuilder of ALL TIME, I'd say you're a lil off base.  ;)

So he deserves a schmoe forum? :)