Author Topic: The B&A Show -  (Read 34243 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: The B&A Show -
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2008, 03:11:53 AM »

what Vince  saying is that the NPC is really an Organization to be proud of!!!
When this is all over I have a lot to say and it ain't no pretty,
We had to send our kids to Europe for safety reasons................. .........

No, what I'm saying is my opinion as I don't have control or say in NPC or IFBB policy.  However, when they make an announcement to all of its athletes to not compete at a particular show, you better not do it if you value your continued success in that same league.

That's the same for all professional sports organizations, NPC policy is that an amateur athlete cannot compete for prizes.  Those who ignore the rules have to pay the consequences which would extend beyond a 1 yr suspension.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »
Sean Allen competed in another organization and did his 1-year suspension.  He weighed the consequences and to him, it was worth it.  He got to stand onstage alongside Lee Priest and Sami and Frey in front of 1500 people in New York City.  He got some coverage and exposure and he got to share the stage with Lee Priest, one of the best ever.  And Sean held his own up there.

Sean did his time.  He came back and he won Jr Nats.  He's a favorite for top 5 nationals or USA, and could win a pro card.  With his height, if he nails conditioning, he might win, even though his legs are a little behind.

If someone wants to do this show and lose 1 year of eligibility, it's their choice.  I don't see what it matters to most of you... If Joe Blow wants to quit working at teh cracker factory and work at the box factory, do you tease and threaten him?  Or do you just let a man be a man, and make his choices to find some dollars?

I'd say we sit back and watch the ride.

Sean Allen will not win no matter how well he shows up.  Sorry, but I'd doubt the judges will allow him to turn pro although I can always be wrong. 
A

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2008, 03:34:02 AM »
before speaking well of the IFBB read this:

less then 1%  bodybuilders become IFBB professionals

90% of the IFBB professionals doesn't earn in the career a single dollar in prize money

less than the 1% of the money from the bodybuilding industry go to bodybuilders

this in USA, Italy and everywhere

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

No, what I'm saying is my opinion as I don't have control or say in NPC or IFBB policy.  However, when they make an announcement to all of its athletes to not compete at a particular show, you better not do it if you value your continued success in that same league.

That's the same for all professional sports organizations, NPC policy is that an amateur athlete cannot compete for prizes.  Those who ignore the rules have to pay the consequences which would extend beyond a 1 yr suspension.

Vince you haven't had any success in BB or anything.  You should do the show.  You could be the joke in this show too like you are in the other shows you entered (not to compete but see guys in thongs backstage and apply Protan).  You aren't exactly someone who should preach about anything that has "sucess" involved.  Hope this helps.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
Sean Allen will not win no matter how well he shows up.  Sorry, but I'd doubt the judges will allow him to turn pro although I can always be wrong. 

Although it's not a direct path to a top placing at the USAs in the same calendar year, Big Sean just won the NPC Jr. Nationals, one of the top-5 NPC/IFBB (amateur) events each year. 

Please take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.  If what you're trying to claim about the judges was true, he would not have won the show.  They obviously judged what they saw on the stage last weekend in Chicago and did not just his past.

That's what professionals do, Goodrum.  Get with the program. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »
Although it's not a direct path to a top placing at the USAs in the same calendar year, Big Sean just won the NPC Jr. Nationals, one of the top-5 NPC/IFBB (amateur) events each year. 

Please take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.  If what you're trying to claim about the judges was true, he would not have won the show.  They obviously judged what they saw on the stage last weekend in Chicago and did not just his past.

That's what professionals do, Goodrum.  Get with the program. 

How can he get with a program he is can't relate too.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »

it is amazing how a gay black man can be such a conformist, have such deference to 'the man'.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »
Vince,

What evidence do you have that there will be lifetime bans for B&A athletes?

You said the same thing about PDI athletes.  Priest is back this year at the Atlantic Pro, Sean Allen is back and winning one of the top amateur shows.

Is the person who asked you to share the BA info, the same person who asked you to share the PDI info?  If so, why do you consider them reliable when they were proven wrong last time?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
Vince,

What evidence do you have that there will be lifetime bans for B&A athletes?

You said the same thing about PDI athletes.  Priest is back this year at the Atlantic Pro, Sean Allen is back and winning one of the top amateur shows.

Is the person who asked you to share the BA info, the same person who asked you to share the PDI info?  If so, why do you consider them reliable when they were proven wrong last time?

The show hasn't taken place so the answer is obviously none.  No rules have been broken yet...... ::)

However NPC rules clearly state that any NPC athlete that competes in a bodybuilding event for prizes will forfeit their status as an amatuer athlete as they would be considered a professional. 

The NPC and IFBB have also advised the athletes not to compete in this show, what more does anyone need to know that they are serious.

Honestly the B&A show would not be an issue except that the promoter is running the show on the very same weekend in the same area and in similar venues as the NPC USA.  Obviously it was done to piss off the NPC and IFBB which they accomplished and very pathetic in my opinion.  Using the USA event as leverage to promote his own show.

So if an NPC athlete values their career, they had better not be stupid enough to enter the B&A show....period.  Or they'll face the consequences which could be anything and everything.  You might get a slap on the wrist or they may throw the book at you.  Point being is competing in the B&A will be detrimental to their career.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »
it is amazing how a gay black man can be such a conformist, have such deference to 'the man'.

The NPC a bodybuilding organization that has rules and its a pretty simple rule to not compete in a show that isn't sanctioned by the NPC.  If you don't want to follow the rules then don't join the NPC and save 95 dollars..... ::)

Its not the fucking N.A.A.C.P or G.L.A.D so don't make it out like that..... ::).     
A

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »
you are obsessed with the IFBB and want us to have your same obsession

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »
The NPC a bodybuilding organization that has rules and its a pretty simple rule to not compete in a show that isn't sanctioned by the NPC.

you need to keep your rules straight.  the 1982 settlement between the AAU and Manion makes it illegal for the NPC to discriminate against those who enter 'non-sanctioned' events.   It is perfectly ok to enter a NABBA or Musclemania contest, which are not 'sanctioned' by the NPC.  the only thing with the B&A event that the NPC can harp on is that there are prizes, which they claim makes it a pro event.    what has been discussed to death in this thread is whether amateur vs pro has any meaning today.   Pros athletes compete in the Olympics.  And the NPC would have no problem with a pro from another sport entering an amateur contest.  that the NPC has been very inconsistent in enforcing any amateur vs pro rule makes it difficult for them to enforce it in the future.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
you need to keep your rules straight.  the 1982 settlement between the AAU and Manion makes it illegal for the NPC to discriminate against those who enter 'non-sanctioned' events.   It is perfectly ok to enter a NABBA or Musclemania contest, which are not 'sanctioned' by the NPC.  the only thing with the B&A event that the NPC can harp on is that there are prizes, which they claim makes it a pro event.    what has been discussed to death in this thread is whether amateur vs pro has any meaning today.   Pros athletes compete in the Olympics.  And the NPC would have no problem with a pro from another sport entering an amateur contest.  that the NPC has been very inconsistent in enforcing any amateur vs pro rule makes it difficult for them to enforce it in the future.

That lawsuit was between the NPC and the AAU with its amateur league did not offer prizes or a winnings purse. 

The B&A show however is not.

See the difference???  Now why don't you go and find a job???
A

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2008, 11:02:55 AM »
That lawsuit was between the NPC and the AAU with its amateur league did not offer prizes or a winnings purse. 

which is what I wrote, and not what you wrote.  I'll get a job when you learn to read.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

Hey Monkey, cause you won the Best Black guy at the recent Dipshit County Faire and your very ugly pale white retarded boyfriend gets paid for Bukake sessions, does that make you a professional.  Just wondering.  And why do you insist on making a fool out of yourself by posting anything related to bodybuilding.  Thanks in advance

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
Vince , you are not doing the show because it will ruin your chances of turning pro ?

he isn't allowed to do any show cause he would ruin that show.  The only reason why any promoter would let Goodrum enter is because it is free money and they save on buying a trophy cause they know he will never win.  Goodrum is the ONLY person I have ever seen brag about taking 5th place out of 5 entrants.  I can guarantee he will NEVER ever place at any contest higher than the last entrant in his class.  That is 100% guaranteed.

Moosejay

« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
he isn't allowed to do any show cause he would ruin that show.  The only reason why any promoter would let Goodrum enter is because it is free money and they save on buying a trophy cause they know he will never win.  Goodrum is the ONLY person I have ever seen brag about taking 5th place out of 5 entrants.  I can guarantee he will NEVER ever place at any contest higher than the last entrant in his class.  That is 100% guaranteed.

The problem is, many shows, anyone, I mean anyone, can enter.

No qualifier necessary.

We had a kid who was so bad once, and was going to enter the day of our show, I figuered he was gonna embarrass himself so badly, it would have been legendary.

I tactfully encouraged him to enter the following year, and had him operate the curtains at that day's show.

Maybe someone here should take this as his cue?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »

Did he really take 5 out of 5?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #393 on: July 03, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »
I hope that none of the passionate people arguing here were the ones that made threats.