Author Topic: Why don't the *pros* post on getbig?  (Read 13039 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Why don't the *pros* post on getbig?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 01:39:51 AM »
Exactly! I am a Joe Blow nobody and I get sick of some of the retarded, really negative crap on here. If I were a pro I would be wtf? and move on. Howard

Yeah Howard, I'm sure the pros would love your posts/threads.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 02:57:33 AM »
Someone else corrected you.  I simply pointed out that a spell check would not have solved that error as you commented.  I did it tongue in cheek, to.  Making several eras.   Hence, my surprise that ewe would take it so seriously and still bare an epic grudge.  Clearly we are dealing with an individual who takes himself far too seriously.

I do not think you are in any way superior, sport.  Quite the opposite.  As previously mentioned I know (read: not think) you are a pseudo intellectual shit talker (not to be confused with the good nonsense that often arises on this board) with little actual substance, sadly, looking for validation on a bodybuilding board.  I also know (and you will deny, of course) that you are purposely writing in such a manner to enthuse these comments of intellectual superiority.   
Rocket, oh Rocket, oh Rocket. Will you ever learn?
First, I know (read: not think[copyright Rocket]) that you must see me as some sort of intellectual icon that you would love to be. Why? As you constantly draw reference to it in your writings, without any alluding to that fact by myself.
Second, with regard to the so-called " epic grudge" that you draw reference to, in my eyes it appears that you are the one holding the " epic grudge," as indicated by your absolute refusal to let the issue go, and the increasingly aggressive tone of your responses, that, again in my opinion, provide an opaque surface, behind which lies your intellectual jealousy.
With regard to my writing style, indeed, it may have a slightly formal feel, but like a signature, it simply is my own way of expressing myself and may arise from the fact that I have studied mathematics and one seems to become conversed to writing in a formal manner, when exposed to it constantly (theorems, proofs etc).
Finally, with regard to me possessing "little actual substance," well again your comment is idiotic (no surprises there then?). Indeed, we have communicated a few times via an internet board, not at all in person, or via any other telecommunication means (telephone etc), hence, that would in no way provide sufficient *evidence* to reach the conclusion/verdict that you have. For the record, despite your obvious jealousy towards me, I could not make any statements regarding your personality (IE substance issues), given the above mentioned facts.
As a final footnote, Rocket, you may now feel free to thoroughly dissect this post in the hunt for errors. A student of English I am not, hence I'm sure that there are a few in HERE. As I mentioned, the big 6 are not infallable.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 03:01:15 AM »
Howie is a real "Joe Blow." :-X

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 03:20:19 AM »
the guy who started this thread is a closet homo for sure
A real thoughtout evaluation there. It is amazing how you have the wisdom to come to such conclusions with effortless ease.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:29 AM »
First, I know (read: not think[copyright Rocket]) that you must see me as some sort of intellectual icon that you would love to be. Why? As you constantly draw reference to it in your writings, without any alluding to that fact by myself.
Second, with regard to the so-called " epic grudge" that you draw reference to, in my eyes it appears that you are the one holding the " epic grudge," as indicated by your absolute refusal to let the issue go, and the increasingly aggressive tone of your responses, that, again in my opinion, provide an opaque surface, behind which lies your intellectual jealousy.
With regard to my writing style, indeed, it may have a slightly formal feel, but like a signature, it simply is my own way of expressing myself and may arise from the fact that I have studied mathematics and one seems to become conversed to writing in a formal manner, when exposed to it constantly (theorems, proofs etc).
Finally, with regard to me possessing "little actual substance," well again your comment is idiotic (no surprises there then?). Indeed, we have communicated a few times via an internet board, not at all in person, or via any other telecommunication means (telephone etc), hence, that would in no way provide sufficient *evidence* to reach the conclusion/verdict that you have. For the record, despite your obvious jealousy towards me, I could not make any statements regarding your personality (IE substance issues), given the above mentioned facts.
As a final footnote, Rocket, you may now feel free to thoroughly dissect this post in the hunt for errors. A student of English I am not, hence I'm sure that there are a few in HERE. As I mentioned, the big 6 are not infallable.

Anybody can go through your posts and see you constantly belittling people as if you're going to find ardent intellectual discussion on this board.  Whether I have sufficient evidence to confirm my assertions hardly matters, you and I both know you are attempting to bolster your ego doing it.  I wouldn't expect you to admit it of course - just as in the past, when I did it (and I'll not deny it) - I wouldn't have admitted it.

Even when I presented simple facts to you couldn't help but pick a fight.  The difference between you and I is that I was not aggressive until I was sure your intentions were to do so.  I have been civil to you right up until I was sure you were not truly interested in frank discussion.

And this, presumptuous little tangent was enough for me.

If it is an evaluation by yourself, i have serious doubts concerning it's truth. You have a long, long history of spraying junk over the board.

Date Registered:     February 21, 2008, 02:05:52 AM

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 05:08:02 AM »
Anybody can go through your posts and see you constantly belittling people as if you're going to find ardent intellectual discussion on this board.  Whether I have sufficient evidence to confirm my assertions hardly matters, you and I both know you are attempting to bolster your ego doing it.  I wouldn't expect you to admit it of course - just as in the past, when I did it (and I'll not deny it) - I wouldn't have admitted it.

Even when I presented simple facts to you couldn't help but pick a fight.  The difference between you and I is that I was not aggressive until I was sure your intentions were to do so.  I have been civil to you right up until I was sure you were not truly interested in frank discussion.

And this, presumptuous little tangent was enough for me.

Date Registered:     February 21, 2008, 02:05:52 AM

Rocket, as of yet you have clearly not grown tired of coming up short each and every time.
Let us go through you most resent response, as it is riddled with inconsistencies.
First, I have not "belittled" you or other posters. I have respond with an appropriate tone when the case requires it, usually as a result of defence against petty remarks that the likes for yourself frequently make. Hence your statement is incorrect. What is amusing is that you make such allegations, only to contradict yourself in the next sentence by stating that "Whether I have sufficient evidence to confirm my assertions hardly matters." :-\
Next, you are again presumptuous in your writing by stating that I am "attempting to bolster my ego." Incorrect again. I am merely making posts on a board that (in the most part) involves a past time of mine, IE, bodybuilding. Occasionally posters such as yourself feel intellectually threatened and decide to direct derogatory comments and false assumptions towards me. My defence for such allegations does not constitute "ego boosting." Thus, you are incorrect again (which is becoming a regular event).
Finally, with regard to your quote, which I *presume* is alluding to the fact that I could not be aware of your long, long history of spraying rubbish on the board, by virtue of the fact that I have only recently become a (better) member of the board. To this comment I address the fact that one can routinely scan a good proportion of your postal history by simply clicking on to your log on name, and following the steps, together with PM information that has been relayed to me by other posters regarding this issue (which, admittedly would not constitute sufficient evidence). Furthermore, one can analyse the board without being an actual member. Rocket, who knows just how long I viewed the board before i decided that it was worthy of me (and the other big6 members) saving it?

[Again feel free to scan this response for incorrect use of the English language. As stated, I have never claimed to be a good student of the subject.]

{You inferred in your respone that, in the past, you *attempted* to display an intellectual air amongst the board, as indicated by your quote: "I wouldn't expect you to admit it of course - just as in the past, when I did it (and I'll not deny it) - I wouldn't have admitted it."
You being intellectual Rocket, well, I really am scratching my head over that one.}

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:39 AM »
LOL. More hot air than the Hindenburg.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 05:13:47 AM »
LOL. More hot air than the Hindenburg.
Well, if you say so, dr. chimps, then it must be correct.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:35 AM »
Occasionally posters such as yourself feel intellectually threatened and decide to direct derogatory comments and false assumptions towards me. My defence for such allegations does not constitute "ego boosting."

I will only continue this discussion if you prove that I made the first derogatory comment towards you.  Or even a false assumption. 

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 06:08:53 AM »
I will only continue this discussion if you prove that I made the first derogatory comment towards you.  Or even a false assumption. 

Finally your postal tone suggests cessation and your surrendering on this issue.
Rocket, I would adore it if you would cease discussion to with me.

One derogatory comment: "you are a pseudo intellectual shit talker."

One false assumption? Well, you really amaze me on this one. What has a major  content of my most resent respones consisted of? Me finding inconsistencies in your wild assumptions/false truths. Examples?
1) Try "Anybody can go through your posts and see you constantly belittling people as if you're going to find ardent intellectual discussion on this board." False-no I am not.
2)" I also know (and you will deny, of course) that you are purposely writing in such a manner to enthuse these comments of intellectual superiority." False-no I am not. 

You are beyond belief this time, Rocket.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 06:19:30 AM »
Finally your postal tone suggests cessation anmd your surrendering on this issue.
Rocket, I would adore it if you would cease discussion towards me.

One derogatory comment: "you are a pseudo intellectual shit talker."

One false assumption? Well, you really amaze me on this one. What has a major  content of my most resent respones consisted of? Me finding inconsistencies in your wild assumptions/false truths. Examples?
1) Try "Anybody can go through your posts and see you constantly belittling people as if you're going to find ardent intellectual discussion on this board." False-no I am not.
2)" I also know (and you will deny, of course) that you are purposely writing in such a manner to enthuse these comments of intellectual superiority." False-no I am not. 

You are beyond belief this time, Rocket.

You asserted that I post junk prior to me pointing this out.  That is conjecture and derogatory.  If you are the victim of unfair treatment and your general attacks are valid defense, prove that I attacked you with such commentary first. 

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
... because of posts like this. ;)

seriously though, most pros have websites. if a serious fan wants to get in contact with them, they can just send them an email. its less of a bother to read through a bunch of nice, ego boosting emails than sift through some of the stuff that is posted on here just to get to one question about them.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 06:29:30 AM »
You asserted that I post junk prior to me pointing this out.  That is conjecture and derogatory.  If you are the victim of unfair treatment and your general attacks are valid defense, prove that I attacked you with such commentary first. 
I refer you to the thread, started by myself, entitled "What is muscular maturity?"
A poster asked me a question concerning the getbig big6. You, out of the blue, posted (and did not quote me) "The getbig big6 is a manifestation of his own imagination.  Thats how." The post was written by yourself with no prior interaction between us (save for the infamous *grammatical* event that you drew reference to, a few weeks ago). The interaction was originally between the poster involved and myself, and had nothing to do with you. You clearly posted in an attempt just to instigate confrontation.

Need anymore Rocket?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 06:33:29 AM »
I refer you to the thread, started by myself, entitled "What is muscular maturity?"
A poster asked me a question concerning the getbig big6. You, out of the blue, posted (and did not quote me) "The getbig big6 is a manifestation of his own imagination.  Thats how." The post was written by yourself with no prior interaction between us (save for the infamous *grammatical* event that you drew reference to, a few weeks ago). The interaction was originally between the poster involved and myself, and had nothing to do with you. You clearly posted in an attempt just to instigate confrontation.

Need anymore Rocket?

Yes, I do.  As you did make up the getbig6.  That is truth.  Keep trying.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:28 AM »
Yes, I do.  As you did make up the getbig6.  That is truth.  Keep trying.
No, but you asked for an "attack." This is such an attack. It is a comment laced in sarcasm that was written purely for the purpose of internet confrontation.

For another example, take the original "grammatical" post. I had never undertaken any prior contact with you, still you felt the need to direct derogatory and sarcastic comments in my direction.
Essentially, Rocket, subtract your unprovoked initial "attack" posts, and there is no exchange between us. That is simple fact.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:34 AM »
Well, if you say so, dr. chimps, then it must be correct.
Oh brother. Look, I'm just here for the entertainment. You should be as well. Those who take themselves too seriously - the 'listen-to-me-because-I'm-sooooo-intelligent-and-I-will-tell-you-so-in-every-post,' like MattC, bigbobs and Vince B. crowd - just get twisted up in frustration and eventually eaten by the machine. There are lots of intelligent people here on board and out of those there are some who are 'wise' - a big difference! Look for the witty ones; those are truly smart ones, not the ones who pontificate on their accomplishments, etc.  :) 

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »
Oh brother. Look, I'm just here for the entertainment. You should be as well. Those who take themselves too seriously - the 'listen-to-me-because-I'm-sooooo-intelligent-and-I-will-tell-you-so-in-every-post,' like MattC, bigbobs and Vince B. crowd - just get twisted up in frustration and eventually eaten by the machine. There are lots of intelligent people here on board and out of those there are some who are 'wise' - a big difference! Look for the witty ones; those are truly smart ones, not the ones who pontificate on their accomplishments, etc.  :) 

I acknowledge the tone of your post in diffusing any potential war of words. I am also here for the entertainment, it is only occasionally that certain posters (and i do not mean yourself) purposely go in for confrontation. Thus no hard feelings and enjoy the board.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
No, but you asked for an "attack." This is such an attack. It is a comment laced in sarcasm that was written purely for the purpose of internet confrontation.

For another example, take the original "grammatical" post. I had never undertaken any prior contact with you, still you felt the need to direct derogatory and sarcastic commets in my direction, which resulted, if I recall correctly, my accurate deduction of your country of birth.
Essentially, Rocket, subtract your unprovoked initial "attack" posts, and there is no exchange between us. That is simple fact.

In the spell check comment I had zero intention and did not word it in such a manner that begged confrontation.

I do however accept that the getbig6 comment is confrontational.  I would not consider it in any way derogatory and leveled at myself I would not respond with an attack - but since we're talking about your perception and not mine I will accept that your insults have come from an actual gripe.  Whether it is necessary to be unable to have a civil conversation without insults thereafter is up to your discretion.  You are oversensitive by this boards standards, which does go a long way to explaining your conduct here.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2008, 07:20:29 AM »
I acknowledge the tone of your post in diffusing any potential war of words. I am also here for the entertainment, it is only occasionally that certain posters (and i do not mean yourself) purposely go in for confrontation. Thus no hard feelings and enjoy the board.
Back at ya, although that last bitty infers ownership. That's definitely gonna get some people up on their hind legs.  :D

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
Those who take themselves too seriously - the 'listen-to-me-because-I'm-sooooo-intelligent-and-I-will-tell-you-so-in-every-post,' like MattC, bigbobs and Vince B. crowd - just get twisted up in frustration and eventually eaten by the machine. There are lots of intelligent people here on board and out of those there are some who are 'wise' - a big difference! Look for the witty ones; those are truly smart ones, not the ones who pontificate on their accomplishments, etc.  :) 

Translation: these guys are all way too intelligent for me to debate with and I always get owned by them when I try. So I pretend I dont take it seriously and am witty because I am clearly their intellectual inferior by quite some distance

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
Back at ya, although that last bitty infers ownership. That's definitely gonna get some people up on their hind legs.  :D
No need to be oversensitive. By definition, *you lot* reading posts from getbig big6 members is, by definition, going to be exciting and enjoyable for you.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2008, 07:43:10 AM »
No need to be oversensitive. By definition, *you lot* reading posts from getbig big6 members is, by definition, going to be exciting and enjoyable for you.
Hehe. Privileged are we, now? Well, let the show begin.  :)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
In the spell check comment I had zero intention and did not word it in such a manner that begged confrontation.

I do however accept that the getbig6 comment is confrontational.  I would not consider it in any way derogatory and leveled at myself I would not respond with an attack - but since we're talking about your perception and not mine I will accept that your insults have come from an actual gripe.  Whether it is necessary to be unable to have a civil conversation without insults thereafter is up to your discretion.  You are oversensitive by this boards standards, which does go a long way to explaining your conduct here.
Your original quote from early March, regarding the *grammatical error:"
"Yeah, you sure are, around 'hear'."
We see that it is (yet another) post that is laced in sarcasm and is indeed written to provoke confrontation. You may protest to the contrary of course, but given you have finally admitted an act of aggressive internet attack (virtue of your admittance that the post regarding the getbig big 6 was indeed meant for confrontation), your previous *record of bad character* goes against you.
Your own conduct on the board is one of frequent inticing of internet confrontation, as can be deduced from your postal history. Your jealousy towards me is very apparent and you clearly feel intellectually threatened (proved by my initial comments on this matter, with you sudden cessation of this point after i drew reference to it).
Finally,my advice would be to learn by these exchanges, learn how to conduct yourself in a more appropriate way, and not always in such a constantly aggressive manner. Enjoy being able to interact with superior posters like myself and the other big6 members. Enjoy the fact that if we were not members on this board, neither would you be.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »

Sharma's confession (in a roundabout way)
these guys are all way too intelligent for me to debate with and I always get owned by them during my futile attempts. So I pretend I know what I'm talking about because I am clearly their intellectual inferior in any given situation.

Thanks for clearing that up "Sharma" ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
Sharma's confession (in a roundabout way)
these guys are all way too intelligent for me to debate with and I always get owned by them during my futile attempts. So I pretend I know what I'm talking about because I am clearly their intellectual inferior in any given situation.

Thanks for clearing that up "Sharma" ;D
Sharma likes to single me out for a little criticism, every now and again. I figure, if he keeps it up he might actually believe what he's saying.  ;)

/dude has zero sense of humour. and by dude i mean bobs/nasser.