Author Topic: The World's Strongest Man Competition????????  (Read 7379 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: The World's Strongest Man Competition????????
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »
Hey I know how some of you save pics of me on your computer.  Do any of you have the one with me and kaz and one other guy and we are on the beach at a tug a war contest.  I lose all my shit and I don't have that pic anymore.  I posted it on here before.  Thanks man

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »
Hey I know how some of you save pics of me on your computer.  Do any of you have the one with me and kaz and one other guy and we are on the beach at a tug a war contest.  I lose all my shit and I don't have that pic anymore.  I posted it on here before.  Thanks man

No...but can you remember the topic?

Maybe you can search it

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »
Cool shit Keith, thanks for posting!!
X

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 07:13:01 PM »

You are referring to the 1980 competition. It was Kaz against the Swede: Lars Hedlund.

In any case, this is what I got back as a response, after taking Squadfather's advice:

"Dear Sir:

Thank you for your inquiry.  World's Strongest Man is actually a TV production owned by TWI and they have never, to our knowledge, produced a video of the production--they do air them on ESPN2 during the year and you can probably get a schedule of the shows from them.  We hope this information is helpful—sorry we don’t have better news!

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Hammond

IronMind Enterprises, Inc."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 11:56:19 PM »
You are referring to the 1980 competition. It was Kaz against the Swede: Lars Hedlund.

In any case, this is what I got back as a response, after taking Squadfather's advice:

"Dear Sir:

Thank you for your inquiry.  World's Strongest Man is actually a TV production owned by TWI and they have never, to our knowledge, produced a video of the production--they do air them on ESPN2 during the year and you can probably get a schedule of the shows from them.  We hope this information is helpful—sorry we don’t have better news!

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Hammond

IronMind Enterprises, Inc."

Yes TWI is Trans World International.  My friend competed in 1979 I think.  To this day he is still the youngest competitor ever in the WSM at 19.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 01:00:49 AM »

KAz was just insane strength, mariuez is probably the better athlete but KAZ is the better strng man. HAs anyone seen the new FLEX magazine, they have a list of the 10 greatest strong men of all time and KAZ is only third and they have mark henry in second, and maruisz didnt even make the top ten

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 01:38:02 AM »
Kaz was the Arnold of Strong Men.

My top 3 are:
1. Bill Kazmaier
2. Jon Pall Sigmarasson
3. Geoff Capes

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 05:32:51 AM »
I have most of them taped and have tried recording them on my computer but
due to the age of the tapes and damage from playback over the years the audio video sync is terrible.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 05:37:01 AM »
Try and find the footage of a strongman contest where Kaz is throwing beer kegs onto a flattop truck the kegs weighed 178lb he threw them like coke cans.Fukka was STRONG.

Thats on this one.
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
I got the years that Kaz won off a guy on ebay,he had every year as well as the Show of Strength.If i can find the seller on my ebay page i`ll post it.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »
I`ve just checked my ebay page and the sellers name was unclerockuca,but it now says he`s no longer a registered user.Might be worth contacting the guy who put the Kaz clips together on youtube,his names Elliot Storey.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 08:08:06 AM »
Try and find the footage of a strongman contest where Kaz is throwing beer kegs onto a flattop truck the kegs weighed 178lb he threw them like coke cans.Fukka was STRONG.

Yeah, I've been looking for that on youtube and can't find it anywhere.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »
Thats on this one.
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
I got the years that Kaz won off a guy on ebay,he had every year as well as the Show of Strength.If i can find the seller on my ebay page i`ll post it.

2:07 of the first video is the keg loading.  Just awesome

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »
even the mighty Kaz say's Mariusz could be the strongest man ever

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:49 AM »
I found it on the History Board.  It is of a Tug O War event we put on in Honolulu.  It was awesome.  Everybody wanted me to start a Tug O War league it was so fun.  We had hundreds of people watching this.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
My favourites are the look in his eyes in the 1980 one just as he`s about to squat,when he does the 2 reps in the deadlift in the 1981 contest and the shot of his traps in the sumo wrestling.Still the greatest strongman of all time.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »
My favourites are the look in his eyes in the 1980 one just as he`s about to squat,when he does the 2 reps in the deadlift in the 1981 contest and the shot of his traps in the sumo wrestling.Still the greatest strongman of all time.

Agreed.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
While I enjoyed watching KAZ completely anihilate ALL the competition, you know that Capes was just coming up the ranks during that time (1979-1982). When Kaz was forced to no longer compete in 1983, Capes was REALLY finding himself, but there was a 24 year old man by the name of Jon Pall Sigmarsson who was making a HUGE name for himself. I LOVE the 1984 and 1985 events, where it was literally 6'6" 375 pounds Capes (who was getting HUGE) against 6'3" 295 Jon Pall. This was more exciting to watch then KAZ just dominating everyone. I loved the head on head competition between these guys from 1983-1986. They took turns winning the titles. I also love the 1990 competition: Jon Pall's last one (shortly before he died in 1993), where he went head on head with the 406 black american powerlifter. They pushed each other to do better. It was so fun to watch the VIKING in action!!!! What memories.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
even the mighty Kaz say's Mariusz could be the strongest man ever

Didnt he also say that Mark Henry would be the strongest ever if he took his training seriously?

Danimal: Check torrent sites. You may get lucky and find a couple of episodes.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »
While I enjoyed watching KAZ completely anihilate ALL the competition, you know that Capes was just coming up the ranks during that time (1979-1982). When Kaz was forced to no longer compete in 1983, Capes was REALLY finding himself, but there was a 24 year old man by the name of Jon Pall Sigmarsson who was making a HUGE name for himself. I LOVE the 1984 and 1985 events, where it was literally 6'6" 375 pounds Capes (who was getting HUGE) against 6'3" 295 Jon Pall. This was more exciting to watch then KAZ just dominating everyone. I loved the head on head competition between these guys from 1983-1986. They took turns winning the titles. I also love the 1990 competition: Jon Pall's last one (shortly before he died in 1993), where he went head on head with the 406 black american powerlifter. They pushed each other to do better. It was so fun to watch the VIKING in action!!!! What memories.
O.D. Wilson crushed Sigmarsson on pure strength.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »
O.D. Wilson crushed Sigmarsson on pure strength.

do you have a video to prove it?

otherwise it's bullshit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
do you have a video to prove it?

otherwise it's bullshit
hahahahaa, what are you weighing here muchacho? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN NNNNNNNGGGGGG ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »
hahahahaa, what are you weighing here muchacho? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN NNNNNNNGGGGGG ;D

knny187 is actually Kevin Levrone in real life!? :o

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »
knny187 is actually Kevin Levrone in real life!? :o
no he's the beanner shaking hands with him.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
no he's the beanner shaking hands with him.

Oh, I see. :-X