Author Topic: Professional Panhandling makes 26,000 dollars a year tax free for this person  (Read 4797 times)

The Coach

You do realise that most of Europe is paying $6 to $7 a gallon for gas right? And that's on top of lower wages and higher taxes... you whinging Americans make me sick.

The Luke

Don't include me in that........I'm not whining.

Moosejay

You do realise that most of Europe is paying $6 to $7 a gallon for gas right? And that's on top of lower wages and higher taxes... you whinging Americans make me sick.

The Luke

I agree.

As long as we have the big problems we do with obesity, for instance, then there certainly is no 'crisis'.

To thinbk so is pathetic.

If people are eating enough, indeed, severely OVEREATING...then the US is fine.

I think gas should be higher.

We have had it very easy here for a long time.

Denmark has gas prices approaching 8 bucks, and have had this for years.

Quit buying the starbucks lattes, and driving these ridiculously huge, penis-replacement vehicles.

And we will all be fine.

The Coach

They need it, though. They do not get social security and have to put in a minimum 35 years...contrast that with police or firefighters, who need only 20.

The true value is usage of time, and, unless you really love it, 35 years is a long bout of hard labor.

35 years? I'm not sure it's that long here (Cali) but if that true Lori wouldn't recieve retirement benes until she was 77 :'(

knny187

• Getbig V
It's all good right now, she won't be able to apply for at least another year until she finishes the credential program.

Maybe...maybe not.

They are laying of hundreds to thousands of teachers (potentially).

A year from now....what is going to give her more eligibility than those that were laid off?

Things in the school systems are done by experience & years of service.

Moosejay

Yes...here in Connecticut...but I guess it varies from state to state.

Anyway, if you love what you do (As I do and I think you do) then it really doesn't matter....you won't worry, and when the dust settles on your work career, you will be fine with money.

Moosejay

Maybe...maybe not.

A year from now....what is going to give her more eligibility than those that were laid off?

Also, there is a movemnet in CT to banish teachers whose kids do poorly on testing.

So, it may actually be a boon to GOOD teachers...in that they will always be employed.

Remember ONE THING the mnedia will not tell you about unemployment...

And that is:

The numb er of people who are simply UNEMPLOYABLE.

The Coach

Maybe...maybe not.

She could teach at a private school?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
what's the cost of living in Cali?  Is it really that high? 

Milk in Fla is $3.79, gas is $3.57... what are thes items there?

Those prices are cheaper than here in Vegas.  And they are way off compared to Hawaii.  especially milk.  Milk is cheap here I love it

Moosejay

Yes...private schools are generally known for beiung very bloyal to their teachers...in many catholic schools here in CT you can have a job for life.

However...

The pay is considerably lower than public schools.

they are, after all, almost entirely privately subsidized.

By the way, Coach...if the gym did double your rent, and you plan on training people for at least ten -15 more years...you should buy your own place.

knny187

• Getbig V

& make even shittier money

I know a teacher right now teaching at a private school & took the job because she was a new teacher & getting in a public school was too tough.

Same thing will apply though.....

where do you think all these teacher's will go when they get laid off?

You have to remember...two-three years ago California started their massive employment push for teachers & eductation.  This are the ones that are going to get laid off first because lack of years.

I want to be clear & tell Lori to keep going forward with the plan.  Nothing is set in stone at this point.  But there is a crisis going on right now if Arnold's Bill goes through.

knny187

• Getbig V
Yes...private schools are generally known for beiung very bloyal to their teachers...in many catholic schools here in CT you can have a job for life.

However...

The pay is considerably lower than public schools.
they are, after all, almost entirely privately subsidized.

By the way, Coach...if the gym did double your rent, and you plan on training people for at least ten -15 more years...you should buy your own place.

bingo

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Coach,

I really think that every American should spend a year living and working in France.

America...
-average working week: 50 hours
-major cost for most households: health insurance
-20% of population has no health insurance
-the healthcare system is ranked 37th in the world
-one of the worst educational systems in the developed world

France...
-average working week: 35 hours (with a minimum of 5 weeks holidays, even for part timers)
-unlimited sick days (by law)
-a statutory benefits package that even American CEOs would be envious of
-major cost for most households: mortgage and discretionary spending (fun money)
-ALL INCLUSIVE healthcare... the homeless go on the same waiting list as the president
-the BEST healthcare system in the world (despite spending a fraction of Americas per capita spending)
-one of the best education systems in the world, which is completely free from kindegarten to PhD

...but if any American politician tries to raise these issues they are dismissed as being "French thinking"!

What are American voters concerned about? Panhandlers... Mexicans... Gays... terrorism...

At the very least every American voter should read Jared Diamond's "Collapse".

The Luke

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Yes... closer to 8 or 9 when you add in that $2 tax also, right?

Yes, I know we're being some whiny shites here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think gas should be higher.

You do know that everything you buy will be higher too, right?

Your statement should read "I think food should be higher", because trucks use gas to get the food to stores.

Moosejay

There are some private, upper-echelon prep schools in places like CT, NH, VT and Maine that pay so-so, but they provide teachers with housing and meals.

If you are single or have a wife or husband who works...this can be a great deal. You can tutor on the side and freelance during Summers.

I have a friend who had his own clinical psychology practice for 20 years...retired from that, and now does the decribed as above,

By the way, I will NEVER donate $ to the two Universities I graduated from.

They don't njeed the money...they are financial juggernauts.

I will and do always donate to my private highschool...I agree with their nononsense ideals, and they are always in true need.

Moosejay

Coach,

I really think that every American should spend a year living and working in France.

America...

France...
-average working week: 35 hours (with a minimum of 5 weeks holidays, even for part timers)
-major cost for most households: mortgage and discretionary spending (fun money)
-ALL INCLUSIVE healthcare... the homeless go on the same waiting list as the president
-the BEST healthcare system in the world (despite spending a fraction of Americas per capita spending)
-one of the best education systems in the world, which is completely free from kindegarten to PhD

...but if any American politician tries to raise these issues they are dismissed as being "French thinking"!

What are American voters concerned about? Panhandlers... Mexicans... Gays... terrorism...

The Luke

Maybe...

But...

The French system obviously does not stimulate any motivation for anyone to create anything...with so many guaranteed 'perks'...

And that 37th rank in healthcare is very dubious, Luke...

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Yes... closer to 8 or 9 when you add in that $2 tax also, right?

Our tax is added to everything... it's already in the price.

In actual fact we've had a 400% tax on gasoline for about three decades now. You buy €10 of petrol and you get two dollars of gasoline and pay €8 of tax.

The Luke

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Pvt schools pay less, often require higher degrees (they gotta have some phds on staff to justify charging so much).

Many of them have the religious slant too.

Education budgets will be severely cut in 2008/9 nationwide.  My wife is a teacher and they're cutting everything in her school - assistants, supplementary programs, etc.  And they're letting everyone go without 2 years of experience.  

It used to be, people from up north came to FL to get teaching experience.  Now they're moving out west, as the jobs here are getting slashed big time.  

I used to teaching web design nights to adults... it was $40 to $50 per hour and easy work... all those programs got cut statewide too :(

Moosejay

You do know that everything you buy will be higher too, right?

Your statement should read "I think food should be higher", because trucks use gas to get the food to stores.

I know 240...my father was a teamster/trruck driver for 40 years (talk about a great pension)

And I LIKE paying taxes.

It means I am making a lot of money (The more I pay)...and doing so helps lubricate the wheels of the economy.

Call me crazy, but that's just me.

Moosejay

Coach,

America...

France...

The Luke

Luke, what do the French pay for taxes...when you say FREE educationb...I am just curious what you do about your tax base....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I know 240...my father was a teamster/trruck driver for 40 years (talk about a great pension)
And I LIKE paying taxes.
It means I am making a lot of money (The more I pay)...and doing so helps lubricate the wheels of the economy.
Call me crazy, but that's just me.

I don't mind high prices for food/gas too much... I work from home, rarely drive, and buy all my food from costco in bulk for super cheap.

But the problem is that 25% of the population will suddenly have a hard time eating/driving.

Robberies go up.  Domestic violence goes up.  Child neglect goes up.  All these ripple out, because poor people don't have the elasticity with spending that you do.  And as a result, they bring down society's property value

Moosejay

I don't mind high prices for food/gas too much... I work from home, rarely drive, and buy all my food from costco in bulk for super cheap.

But the problem is that 25% of the population will suddenly have a hard time eating/driving.

Robberies go up.  Domestic violence goes up.  Child neglect goes up.  All these ripple out, because poor people don't have the elasticity with spending that you do.  And as a result, they bring down society's property value

Correct.

I don't have to go into the reality  of choice...I know you know this. You are a product of your actions...blah blah blah...

Doesn't help that people will suffer...

But at any given time in history, there arte those who thrive, those whgo suffer

The cycle goes on and on

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Correct.
I don't have to go into the reality  of choice...I know you know this. You are a product of your actions...blah blah blah...
Doesn't help that people will suffer...
But at any given time in history, there arte those who thrive, those whgo suffer
The cycle goes on and on

yeah, we're totally on the same page.  Smart people saw all this coming months ago and tightened budgets/planned accordingly.  People without elasticity in spending and some savings are going to be in for a rough spell soon. 

keanu

• Getbig IV

The Luke

We will be at those gas prices in 3 years. Our taxes are most definately going much higher. Our economy is entering a serious term of stagflation. The middle class is getting smaller. There will be a divide between rich and poor.

Moosejay

yeah, we're totally on the same page.  Smart people saw all this coming months ago and tightened budgets/planned accordingly.  People without elasticity in spending and some savings are going to be in for a rough spell soon. 

Yes.

Some will actually grow from the harshness and end up doing well in the longrun.