Author Topic: Why are there no shows in the MD/DC/VA areas  (Read 7201 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Why are there no shows in the MD/DC/VA areas
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »

tougher than benching over 400+ raw.

i've never benched over 225..even when i weighed 210  :-\

i have however shoulder pressed 185 for 10 reps...

go figure..

i had the big shoulders flat chest big legs n back but no arms syndrome :-\

nowa a days i'm a skinny fat 170 ...sigh :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 03:45:29 PM »

there r plenty of big black doods lurking in every fucking PG country gym..

Shit I've asked this myself. There is some national level dude that's out of Gold's Gym in Annapolis. Then there is another national ranked dude out of Gold's gym in  Rockville. Hell, There were some extremely good dudes that were based out of Levrone's World gym in Millersville. As a mater of fact he was this Italian dude that had legs like Levrone as well. The PG, Glen Burnie, Baltimore and DC areas all have some fierce dudes, that never compete.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »
Shit I've asked this myself. There is some national level dude that's out of Gold's Gym in Annapolis. Then there is another national ranked dude out of Gold's gym in  Rockville. Hell, There were some extremely good dudes that were based out of Levrone's World gym in Millersville. As a mater of fact he was this Italian dude that had legs like Levrone as well. The PG, Glen Burnie, Baltimore and DC areas all have some fierce dudes, that never compete.

ever heard of big rod smith..a friend of mine.. 5 10..350..i kid you not!
..he ws big when kev ws up n coming..kev knows him..

the greenbelt golds although ghetto is also full of some big strong guys..
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »
they need a good venue..the bodyrock ws soo far from DC ..at georgemason U...i mean get a friggin proper venue..

university of MD would been a better choice with all the hotels bars and food choices in the area..

yonnie show every yr is in the same spot ..crap brain fart on where it is but i never go to the night show.. :-\

If it was at U of MD, you might get TV coverage...from all the drunkards that would there...or have it at Ocean City, kinda like a Muscle Beach type of thing. And do it in during the summer months, where tourist will spend there money on attractions, or detractions, whichever the way you want to look at it, with steriods all in the news. You also have remember that certain parts of MD are very conservative.

ever heard of big rod smith..a friend of mine.. 5 10..350..i kid you not!

friend of mine..he ws big when kev ws up n coming..kev knows him..

the greenbelt golds although ghetto if also full of some big strong guys..

Yeah, i have, where is based out of, cause there was another dude similar name, like Rodney or something based out of the Gold's in Annapolis....which used to be a Luskins store...

I've haerd about the Greenbelt Gold's...Sometimes the most ghetto-est gyms have some of the best dudes...it light a fire under your ass.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 04:03:49 PM »
If it was at U of MD, you might get TV coverage....
you r prolly right

You also have remember that certain parts of MD are very conservative.

college park is hardly conservative! ;D

Yeah, i have, where is based out of, cause there was another dude similar name, like Rodney or something based out of the Gold's in Annapolis....which used to be a Luskins store...

rodney used to train with paoppse and tamali...rodney is in jail..odney could never keep out of trouble..

carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
you r prolly right

college park is hardly conservative! ;D

rodney used to train with paoppse and tamali...rodney is in jail..odney could never keep out of trouble..

Probably was hanging around them fools from Freetown and what not...Papoose was too small, but he has a kid to raise anyway...

Annapolis is what I mean by conservative, you have muscles, shit u get look at like you are shit stain... and don't let you have a pit bull...everybody (whose got money) in Annapolis has a Lab, and then you have the idoits who live out their boats.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
Probably was hanging around them fools from Freetown and what not...Papoose was too small, but he has a kid to raise anyway...

Annapolis is what I mean by conservative, you have muscles, shit u get look at like you are shit stain... and don't let you have a pit bull...everybody (whose got money) in Annapolis has a Lab, and then you have the idoits who live out their boats.

i like annapolis although it does have a bit of a hippie feel and people are REALLY REALLY white there  :-\

;D
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
i like annapolis although it does have a bit of a hippie feel and people are REALLY REALLY white there  :-\

;D

Told ya sooo...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
college park at least has a metrorail stop

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 06:32:05 PM »
college park at least has a metrorail stop

bingo!
carpe` vaginum!

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
i thought maryland has a show

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
if you are going to hold a show in DMV it has to be in VA. If you want a good gym you need to come to my gym in manassas(the city of manassas does suck ass) but my gym is awesome, Olympus Gym. There is a local natty show in woodbrdige(hoodbridge) in july

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 05:19:15 AM »

There are a lot of natural shows in the DC Metro area, if you find those interesting, lots of OCB shows there as well as NGA.

Musclemania used to have a good show too but that got cancelled.

I used to live in MD for almost 10 years, loved going to the BodyRock, its a shame they cancelled it, was an awesome show, and always had lots of guest posers!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 05:35:34 AM »
The NPC Lenda Murray is coming back to Va Beach on August 18th.

There's a new VA NPc chairman, so (from what I understand) things are a bit unorganized right now.  I also heard that the State show is to be 2 weeks prior to that.

If anyone needs info, PM me and I'll try to get the name of the promoter.  I think he's at East Coast Gym on Indian River Road in Virginia Beach.  I don't live there anymore, so it's hard to keep up with everything.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 05:37:05 AM »
There are a lot of natural shows in the DC Metro area, if you find those interesting, lots of OCB shows there as well as NGA.

Musclemania used to have a good show too but that got cancelled.

I used to live in MD for almost 10 years, loved going to the BodyRock, its a shame they cancelled it, was an awesome show, and always had lots of guest posers!
Problem with the OCB is that (I've been to 3 shows by 3 different promoters) they are a clusterf*ck.  Worst run shows ever.  I went to one in MD in 2005, and it started 2 hours late!  And that was just the beginning...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 05:49:19 AM »
if you are going to hold a show in DMV it has to be in VA. If you want a good gym you need to come to my gym in manassas(the city of manassas does suck ass) but my gym is awesome, Olympus Gym. There is a local natty show in woodbrdige(hoodbridge) in july

I know that Gym. it's a pretty nice place. I used to be a member of Olympus gym in maryland. they closed that gym a couple years ago, it is now Gold's Gym, so I ended up became a member of Gold's since. the D.C, Maryland and Virginia area has about 39 gold's in total, I think
Get Big, or Die Trying

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 05:58:53 AM »
Which one do you train at?  I'm at Ballston, and sometimes S. Glebe.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
I Live in maryland now, I'm in silver spring. they have 4 gold's within 15 minutes from each other. I used to workout at the Gold's in Tyson Corner, and connecticut ave. great atmosphere
Get Big, or Die Trying

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:28 AM »
natty show

i dont visit male strip clubs... >:(

carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »
I Live in maryland now, I'm in silver spring. they have 4 gold's within 15 minutes from each other. I used to workout at the Gold's in Tyson Corner, and connecticut ave. great atmosphere

anyone remember capital fitness (aka fitness factory) in riverdale MD??
carpe` vaginum!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »

i dont visit male strip clubs... >:(

No thats right...you prefer your men....big...large....& packing

;D

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
I like that one.  I do my cardio at the Gold's in the AM at Rockville town center, close to office.

I wish there were some more hardcore gyms in the area, but with my travel, I guess Gold's is the best choice...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »
I like that one.  I do my cardio at the Gold's in the AM at Rockville town center, close to office.

I wish there were some more hardcore gyms in the area, but with my travel, I guess Gold's is the best choice...
hey man i saw your little profile in MD this month, congrats.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »

anyone remember capital fitness (aka fitness factory) in riverdale MD??

never been in there. I heard about it. does anybody knows which Gym Yonnie Shamburger works out? someone said he was a regular at World Gym in Largo, Maryland. I don't know what this Cat have been up to lately.
Get Big, or Die Trying

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »

I heard the clarendon golds is really good, i remember in one of the battle for the olympias kamali was complaining that golds in tyson does like bbers? Thanks for the good things you said about my gym. We just got new owners, they are awesome, the gym just went 24 hours, they put in a MMA cage. And they going to replace most of the hammmer strength and nautilus equipment

It is the funny the old owner has a told asshole, John Andrews, he was a bbers too, he won the overall Bodyrock in 2003 and 1997. I am glad he sold the gym