Author Topic: Health foods & testosterone  (Read 3375 times)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Re: Health foods & testosterone
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »
Candidizzle, do you have any opinions on DHEA regarding test boosting properties?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
Candidizzle, do you have any opinions on DHEA regarding test boosting properties?

heres is what i know

cholestrol > dhea > androstenedione > testosterone

at least i am pretty sure thats correct

BUT, i dont know if it converts into test when you take it supplementally.

usmokepole would be the better guy for this question.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:28:12 AM »
heres is what i know

cholestrol > dhea > androstenedione > testosterone

at least i am pretty sure thats correct

BUT, i dont know if it converts into test when you take it supplementally.

usmokepole would be the better guy for this question.

If I remember correctly, about 6 percent of androstendione gets turned into testosterone. The question is what percentage of DHEA gets turned into andro.

DHEA is quite cheap. I've seen 60-tablet bottles of Natrol's DHEA (50 mg) for as little as $5. My guess is that you'd have to take quite a bit of it to get any "kick" from it.

Bill Phillips claimed, in his 1997 Sports Supplement Guide, that "This is just my opinion, but if you take 200 milligrams a day and don't 'feel it', you ain't gonna--at any dose."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 10:55:25 AM »
If I remember correctly, about 6 percent of androstendione gets turned into testosterone. The question is what percentage of DHEA gets turned into andro.

DHEA is quite cheap. I've seen 60-tablet bottles of Natrol's DHEA (50 mg) for as little as $5. My guess is that you'd have to take quite a bit of it to get any "kick" from it.

Bill Phillips claimed, in his 1997 Sports Supplement Guide, that "This is just my opinion, but if you take 200 milligrams a day and don't 'feel it', you ain't gonna--at any dose."

Here's what I found, from the guy who helped bring andro to the market, Patrick Arnold:

The king of the prohormones is a steroid known as 4-androstenediol, or Androdiol®.1 It's a direct precursor and metabolite of testosterone. You might not have heard of 4-androstendiol (also abbreviated as 4-AD) because it's not a common androgen metabolite and, as such, isn't discussed in the literature as much as androstenedione and DHEA. However, it's formed in several tissues, such as placenta, uterus, testicles, adrenal cortex, hypothalamus, and pituitary, but it doesn't stick around very long because it quickly converts to testosterone.2

For those of you who have at least a little bit of a chemistry background (or even care), it converts via the enzyme 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD). The conversion is rapid and much more efficient than that of other prohormones, resulting in considerably more testosterone production. Take a look at the following comparison of the conversion rates of various prohormones:

Compounds and Percent Testosterone Formed*

DHEA: 0.35%
5-Androstenediol: 0.19%
Androstenedione: 5.61%
4-Androstenediol: 15.76%

*The amount of testosterone formed upon incubation in human blood. (Source: Blaquier, J., Forchielli, E., and Dorfman, R., Acta Endocrinologica, 55, 697-704)

It's no contest. This data shows 4-AD to be far superior to androstenedione in regard to testosterone conversion. To illustrate it another way, 4-AD is 281% more efficient in T conversion than its closest competitor, androstenedione.

http://www.netrition.com/androdiol.html

If the DHEA figure is correct, it would take 1000 mg of DHEA to get 3.5 mg of testoterone (assuming there are no other conversion things happening).

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
 now THAT is some good info. thanks for that contribution mcway !

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »
try androtest. you can get it on prosource wbesite.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »
try androtest. you can get it on prosource wbesite.
just looked it up. it will make you feel good. but thats about it

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
i beleive it works on LH.

suicide inhibitors are not all peaches and cream however.

Can you explain?  I was considering exemestane for PCT use, or possibly novadex.  What are the drawbacks?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »
Can you explain?  I was considering exemestane for PCT use, or possibly novadex.  What are the drawbacks?

well real serms have a list of sides, but the ones i was referring to if cycled as a monotherapy was low libido, and possible lethargy, and mood related issues.

for pct, it should be fine as it is a compensated state.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Can any of these legal health food products actually end up reducing test levels and produce estrogen? 

I read this sometimes under "side-effects" and I don't understand if it applies to these non-pharmaceutical replacements, or just to the actual drugs.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »
Can any of these legal health food products actually end up reducing test levels and produce estrogen? 

I read this sometimes under "side-effects" and I don't understand if it applies to these non-pharmaceutical replacements, or just to the actual drugs.

lol no dude eggs red meat olives macadmia nuts fruits.. all fo them - testosterone

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
Candidizzle, I was referring to the products mentioned in this thread, such as DHEA, Trib, Novadex, Gaspari products, Stak 2 by Universal, etc.  I was just wondering if this was an issue.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 03:02:03 AM »
well real serms have a list of sides, but the ones i was referring to if cycled as a monotherapy was low libido, and possible lethargy, and mood related issues.

These are the symptoms of low estrogen in males. Paradoxically, high estrogen causes similar symptoms.
Suicide inhibitors easily drive estrogen too low.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 08:32:49 AM »
These are the symptoms of low estrogen in males. Paradoxically, high estrogen causes similar symptoms.
Suicide inhibitors easily drive estrogen too low.
i think if your worried about your health you should stay away from anything that unnaturally messes with the endocrine system anyways......    the way i see it is super low estrogen levels= dry dry dry lean ripped physique...   super high estrogen levels = fat, watery, muscled physique