Author Topic: question for bob chick.....  (Read 2441 times)

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
question for bob chick.....
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
bob,
what does your training and diet look like now you are not competing. many pros shrivel up and fade away and its cool to see you still maintain your size and stay pretty lean. i have met you many times at shows while competing and even now you still have some good size on you. do you feel its from training for so long? some have told me even after stopping drugs one can mantain size and strength to a degree but just loose that "on look". how do you feel about eat big to be big? at some shows ive see some pros so busy they dont eat like all day. once at the new englands gunter only had time for a pro bar all day, and said he just does the best he can.
thanks in advance
lucian
T

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: question for bob chick.....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »
one day of light eating here and there isn't going to eat muscle off you if it doesn't happen that often.

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »
yeah i guess so. cant imagine how friggin hungry a 300+lb gunter was at the end of the day with only a bar to eat.
im hungry like 30min later after a bar. but i guess when you are selling dvds,pics and stuff makin all that cash you dont care if you are hungry for a bit.  ;D
T

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »
yeah i guess so. cant imagine how friggin hungry a 300+lb gunter was at the end of the day with only a bar to eat.
im hungry like 30min later after a bar. but i guess when you are selling dvds,pics and stuff makin all that cash you dont care if you are hungry for a bit.  ;D
He did a good job of going over this in a pretty candid manner in the "War for the Worlds" series on bodybuilding.com

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:06 PM »
All Genetics baby "Livin the Dream". ::)

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
not sure how long ago he did those but was hoping to get an update on how he trains and eats right now.
are they reccent?
T

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
bob,
what does your training and diet look like now you are not competing. many pros shrivel up and fade away and its cool to see you still maintain your size and stay pretty lean. i have met you many times at shows while competing and even now you still have some good size on you. do you feel its from training for so long? some have told me even after stopping drugs one can mantain size and strength to a degree but just loose that "on look". how do you feel about eat big to be big? at some shows ive see some pros so busy they dont eat like all day. once at the new englands gunter only had time for a pro bar all day, and said he just does the best he can.
thanks in advance
lucian

I still train 5 days a week most of the time, the exception being on the road and filming....eating big to be big only works in regards to pre competition training. Most guys over eat because they like eating....the body will only use so much protein at a given time...

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »
Would you say you were a 30grams or 50grams of Protein assimilation at onetime or are 100grams Bob???.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
Would you say you were a 30grams or 50grams of Protein assimilation at onetime or are 100grams Bob???.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »
How much carb and what Fat ratio.Do you do a 40 / 50 / 10. Protein carbs and fat ratio???.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »

More misinformation. 

A recent study by the University of  New England found it to be 30.

One hundred students, 50 of which were placebo.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »
How much carb and what Fat ratio.Do you do a 40 / 50 / 10. Protein carbs and fat ratio???.

Carbs were based primarily on what you looked like at a given point in the program....No pro bb that I know uses percentages to calculate their intake. Grams are used based on various factors.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »
More misinformation. 

A recent study by the University of  New England found it to be 30.

One hundred students, 50 of which were placebo.

Awesome...how many of them were a winner of the USA?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »
You don't know many Pros do you Bob? Milos says a 70/25/5 Ratio but I guess you have said here before he doesn't count as he has not competed in many years and no longer has an IFBB Pro card.Point taken.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
You don't know many Pros do you Bob? Milos says a 70/25/5 Ratio but I guess you have said here before he doesn't count as he has not competed in many years and no longer has an IFBB Pro card.Point taken.

You CAN assign %'s to it...but it's unneccessary. It also changes along the way, which would change the % ratio.....

can't get ready for a show on a calculator...

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
What about weighing food.Do you do that??

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »
What about weighing food.Do you do that??

Sure did....can't make proper changes when you don't know exactly how much of any one thing your ingesting....common mistake among amateurs.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »
Carbs were based primarily on what you looked like at a given point in the program....No pro bb that I know uses percentages to calculate their intake. Grams are used based on various factors.

Exactly, I have seen so many screw up (myself included) by not adjusting properly. A percentage is just that, a percentage.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »
Sure did....can't make proper changes when you don't know exactly how much of any one thing your ingesting....common mistake among amateurs.

Bingo!!!
\

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
bob do you do a high volume workout now or low volume high intensity? do you still have to train real heavy or do you use a lil bit lighter wts now?
T

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 09:33:12 AM »
bob do you do a high volume workout now or low volume high intensity? do you still have to train real heavy or do you use a lil bit lighter wts now?

I use considerably lighter weights now....preservation of the joints after 30 years of lifting is piority. We use 3 sets per exercise, 10-12 reps per set (sometimes more) 3-4 exercises per bodypart.

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
How high is your HRT chick? Doses?
500mg EW?

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »
How much do you weigh these days and for the point of comparison, how much did you weigh in the offseason when you competed?

Thanks for your time

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 02:23:45 PM »
Bob do you think if you had paid Milos $500 an hour you would have got your Pro card quicker or do you think you would have ended up Sick like some of his guys with the 3year Flu????.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
How much do you weigh these days and for the point of comparison, how much did you weigh in the offseason when you competed?

Thanks for your time

I just stepped on the scale today at 260....looking to get leaner for upcoming projects.

Never weighed more than 275...