Author Topic: I gained 6 pounds in one week  (Read 13230 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: I gained 6 pounds in one week
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »
Can one of the Steroid experts weigh in here and let us know what kind of stack Rob would have to do to make these type of gains?

Thanks,

sS

first, you have to be realistic about your goals.

given the last pics he posted at age 31, you are anywhere from 12 to 15% bf at 175 pounds. we'll use the number of 15% for this example to make things easier.

to be at 10% his true bodyweight would be 10 pounds less than where he is right now, leaving him at around 165ish @10%, which is a decent level of bodyfat and prolly you'd be happy with that.

that leaves you gaining 35 pounds of lean over the next year, very ambitious no matter what kind of course you run.

that being said, this isn't going to happen, so take it slow and easy- you could get by on anywhere from 500mg- 750 mg of test, and 400mg deca a week. you won't need agents like winstrol or fina etc at first. these will come into play as you near the end of your goal. stick to the basics for what you are looking for.

most guys, even on will tell you to gain that kind of muscle in 2-3 years would be well done, without the addition of gh and insulin.

my advise is to just take things slow. it's cool to set goals. but set them too high and you may only serve to frustrate yourself.
b

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:58 AM »
240, youre a fatass. 

HTH 

:D
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »
YOU COULD NOT GAIN 13 lbs of muscle even on HRT.  Natural you will be lucky to gain 2 lbs even with all of that bulking, I think .5 lbs of muscle would be more likely.  

You already look chubby by BBing standards.  Why are you fixated on size?  Don't you realize that muscularity is an illusion created by leanness.  Zane competed at 180 and wasn't that much shorter than you.  You are already too heavy.

Also I don't mean any of this as an insult (I harbored similar dillusions myself when I was at 185).  I like you a lot and always enjoy your humor and enthusiasm for the "sport."

I dont think hes as dumb as he's making himself out to be here.I think he does this shit for attention and in some ways gets off on looking retarded and having us respond ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
Can one of the Steroid experts weigh in here and let us know what kind of stack Rob would have to do to make these type of gains?

Thanks,

sS
that depends if 240 is a "phil heath" or if 240 is a "mike arvilla/billy gunz"

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2008, 11:29:26 AM »
I dont think hes as dumb as he's making himself out to be here.I think he does this shit for attention and in some ways gets off on looking retarded and having us respond ;)

Well I always enjoy replaying this debate even though I never succeed in convincing any perma-bulkers that they are deluded.  People have to see the difference for themselves.  Even TA refused to believe me that he had a ton of weight to lose until he actually tried dieting.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

Thanks,

sS

Well he's no phil heath, but why drag Arvilla and gunz into this they are obviously both natural.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »

Well he's no phil heath, but why drag Arvilla and gunz into this they are obviously both natural.
;D ;D

body88

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »

Judging by this picture, I would have a hard time believing your waist is 29 inches. Do you realize how small that is? Judging by this picture, if you got rid of that lower stomach fat / lower back fat you would have a waist that was about 27 inches. Thats just not accurate IMO. You don't have good genetics ( not saying this to insult you) so eating to much food will lead to fat for you, period. However, you don't have bad genetics (see Mower), so you can make some legit gains if you work. You should focus on getting in shape, eating enough calories to grow, but not so much that you get fat. For your body type, its a long marathon - not a sprint. You are about 8 - 10 years of solid training /diet away from 200 lbs at a low bodyfat (naturally). I'm talking squats, benches, deads, cleans and dumbell work. Forget the bullshit. Don't listen to people who juice, they are delusional from the juice. They can eat more and train less with nice gains. Big gains are hard to come by natty if you are not a genetic beast. Especially if you have been training for a long time, which you have. Lean mass is all that matters, 20 lbs of slop is a waste of time.

If you gained 6 pounds in one week, in that condition, it was mostly water and fat. Just being real with you bro, I did it with myself long ago, and I have a better physique today because of it. Bite the bullet, and drop ALL the fat. When you are lean (for real) start eating again and train HARD. It's important you don't eat to much, it will just turn to fat. Enough to grow, that's it.

Constructive criticism my friend, I would expect nothing less from you if I was asking. You are doing a good job, just keep working.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2008, 12:08:27 PM »

Judging by this picture, I would have a hard time believing your waist is 29 inches. Do you realize how small that is? Judging by this picture, if you got rid of that lower stomach fat / lower back fat you would have a waist that was about 27 inches. Thats just not accurate IMO. You don't have good genetics ( not saying this to insult you) so eating to much food will lead to fat for you, period. However, you don't have bad genetics (see Mower), so you can make some legit gains if you work. You should focus on getting in shape, eating enough calories to grow, but not so much that you get fat. For your body type, its a long marathon - not a sprint. You are about 8 - 10 years of solid training /diet away from 200 lbs at a low bodyfat (naturally). I'm talking squats, benches, deads, cleans and dumbell work. Forget the bullshit. Don't listen to people who juice, they are delusional from the juice. They can eat more and train less with nice gains. Big gains are hard to come by natty if you are not a genetic beast. Especially if you have been training for a long time, which you have. Lean mass is all that matters, 20 lbs of slop is a waste of time.

If you gained 6 pounds in one week, in that condition, it was mostly water and fat. Just being real with you bro, I did it with myself long ago, and I have a better physique today because of it. Bite the bullet, and drop ALL the fat. When you are lean (for real) start eating again and train HARD. It's important you don't eat to much, it will just turn to fat. Enough to grow, that's it.

Constructive criticism my friend, I would expect nothing less from you if I was asking. You are doing a good job, just keep working.

This is right on the money.  Although I don't think that 200 is attainable for him naturally at a low BF, assuming you mean under 15%.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2008, 12:59:31 PM »
when i stopped drinking soda i dropped about 20 lbs, and then put it back on in mostly lean mass in about 3 months.  Now the only caffeine i have is about once a week i have a cup of black coffee.  I sleep better now too.  B vitamins and taurine wake me up more than caffeine anyways and don't crash.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »
when i stopped drinking soda i dropped about 20 lbs, and then put it back on in mostly lean mass in about 3 months.  Now the only caffeine i have is about once a week i have a cup of black coffee.  I sleep better now too.  B vitamins and taurine wake me up more than caffeine anyways and don't crash.

wow 20 lbs of muscle in 3 months  ::)

I bet the one cup of coffee a week feels great.  That's what I do, no caffeine except before my sunday workout, which always kicks ass.

body88

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
This is right on the money.  Although I don't think that 200 is attainable for him naturally at a low BF, assuming you mean under 15%.

I think 240 said he was 6 foot in the past? If he is shorter than 5'11 you are correct, more like 180 - 190 ripped. 240 don't take that as an insult. With your frame, you would be more than happy at 185 lbs shredded. Look at some pictures of flex wheeler when he was light. He looked dynamite ( I know he was on the sauce) just saying.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »
I think 240 said he was 6 foot in the past? If he is shorter than 5'11 you are correct, more like 180 - 190 ripped. 240 don't take that as an insult. With your frame, you would be more than happy at 185 lbs shredded. Look at some pictures of flex wheeler when he was light. He looked dynamite ( I know he was on the sauce) just saying.

i'm 5 10.  maybe 5'11 if i don't slouch.  my legs are disproportionately big/long for my skinny upper body.  i'm taking daily waistline measurements, def not going to get fat like last time, just adding 3 cups rice to what i'm doing.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
i'm 5 10.  maybe 5'11 if i don't slouch.  my legs are disproportionately big/long for my skinny upper body.  i'm taking daily waistline measurements, def not going to get fat like last time, just adding 3 cups rice to what i'm doing.

You are the same height as Zane, maybe 1" taller.  He was juiced to the gills.  He competed at 180, why do you think that you should be 20lbs heavier?

Can I get a reality check?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »

Check Jrod that posts here. And Layne Norton. Both naturals that have reached beyond 200 pounds without going near 15% bf. Of course, they are young and stuff, but still..

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »
Check Jrod that posts here. And Layne Norton. Both naturals that have reached beyond 200 pounds without going near 15% bf.

Jrod's natural status is questionable and I would bet that Layne was north of 15% at 200, post pics showing otherwise.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2008, 02:18:44 PM »
Jrod's natural status is questionable and I would bet that Layne was north of 15% at 200, post pics showing otherwise.

Layne has competed at 190+, thus, he has gone past 200 while staying under 15%. He actually measured in under that at 220 (albeit, the accuracy of the calipers can be questioned).

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
Layne has competed at 190+, thus, he has gone past 200 while staying under 15%. He actually measured in under that at 220 (albeit, the accuracy of the calipers can be questioned).

I find this doubtful.

Even if it is true, I don't see how it relates to 240's goals.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
It`s what a persons physique looks like,not what it weighs.

Just train harder,get leaner and you`ll look bigger even without gaining weight.

You can also change your body composition by losing fat and building muscle.

You look way better than you did in the past so you`re doing something right.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
If i can do this (with Shit Genetics)
why can't you do something similar?

he's not on steroids.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »
I find this doubtful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne40.htm

From that article:

" am currently weighing in at 197 lbs upon waking in the morning and am usually around 200 lbs at night. Caliper readings place me at 3.0% body fat. Calipers however, always measure around 2-4% lower than what one's actual body fat is, so I figure I can still lose another 1-2% body fat. This should put my competition weight anywhere from 193-195 lbs."

He is not making that up.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »
197lbs if he's 6' 5" maybe.  ::)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2008, 02:33:12 PM »
197lbs if he's 6' 5" maybe.  ::)

That picture is from he was 18 or something.

Ps: How's that Dianabol working for you? Gotten any new friends lately? :D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »

You look way better than you did in the past so you`re doing something right.

yea he lost weight.  now he thinks that gaining a pound every day is a good sign. lol

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »
That picture is from he was 18 or something.

Ps: How's that Dianabol working for you? Gotten any new friends lately? :D

just you, fruitcup.