Author Topic: New Orleans mayor Ray Nagan becomes a dem superdelegate  (Read 3644 times)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
Re: New Orleans mayor Ray Nagan becomes a dem superdelegate
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »
I made a perfectly nice post at first and coming back rude [and wrong] to begin with

Criticizing my English, when for a non native speaker most people think my English is quite good - and good enough for you to take me as a Brit lol.

Telling me to STFU twice, when not one man on this board has ever addressed me like that in all the years I have posted here, despite varied opinions we have had.

Oh well, sad lack of manners on your part which only reflects on you. :-\

Does that mean you will shut up now, or do women from your country with no wars and less airports than the UK never stop talking?  I'm not generally rude to people, but when a person sticks their nose into a topic they have clearly done zero research on the topic, then set out to annoy and insult me, (1) I get irritated and (2) I return the insults.

I asked you to supply some objective info to the topic at hand from my very first response, and you ignored it in favor of playing games about the fact you are not in the UK with "everyone knows where I come from 'cause I am so damn important here" type comments, with additional comments that made no sense, which...drum roll....tend to get a negative response from me.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »
Quite the man arnt we?Don't get angry with a woman just because you spent 20 minutes typing

About 2-3 minutes, and I  respond to men or women who make dumb ass condescending comments like

"It made a modicum of sense at least - despite the mashed up quoting abilty"

"most people that post on the politics board have a basic grasp of world affairs."

"Pretty basic points tbh. But hey, if you fancy yourself an expert go for it."

Guess what sport, those are insults and she deserved the response she got. Finally, I guess this will come to a shock both both of you, but where she is from is irrelevant to the topic, so her using this issue as some sort of useful argument  other then the fact I mistook her for a Brit, tells me she's f-ing clueless or being a dink on purpose. She's not a Brit. I thought she was. Stunning stuff there...

So, she - or you - can (gasp) actually add something objective to the topic of gun crime, gun stats, etc., and move on from the revelation she's not a Brit...

You dig? Being neither she nor you seem to actually be able to add something objective here, I will. Countries with the stricter gun laws have HIGHER rates of murder and violence, which was just published in Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694):

"Appearing in the current issue of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694), the Kates/Mauser report entitled "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence" is a detailed look at gun ownership and how it does not relate to the incidence of murder and violence. They conclude that

"nations with very stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those which allow guns."

The Abstract:

Abstract

The world abounds in instruments with which people can kill each other. Is the widespread availability of one of these instruments, firearms, a crucial determinant of the incidence of murder? Or do patterns of murder and/or violent crime reflect basic socio-economic and/or cultural factors to which the mere availability of one particular form of weaponry is irrelevant?

This article examines a broad range of international data that bear on two distinct but interrelated questions: first, whether widespread firearm access is an important contributing factor in murder and/or suicide, and second, whether the introduction of laws that restrict general access to firearms has been successful in reducing violent crime, homicide or suicide. Our conclusion from the available data is that suicide, murder and violent crime rates are determined by basic social, economic and/or cultural factors with the availability of any particular one of the world’s myriad deadly instrument being irrelevant.

Full paper downloaded here:

http://law.bepress.com/expresso/eps/1413/

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »
That makes no sense to me. Please translate into English.

Again, you are not making any sense.......

It appears you know very little about your own crime rates

It seems if you go back and reread the thread then you will find it was you who started the attacks.The poster was clearly speaking in English and although not perfect it was easy to understand what she was saying, you felt the need to try and belittle a woman for whatever reason.Why so angry?Not getting much at home?Maybe try and lose the manboobs and the stupid goatee.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »
It seems if you go back and reread the thread then you will find it was you who started the attacks.

Then your reading comprehension skills are as bad as hers. I said she didn't know the crime rates of the country I thought she was from. That's not an insult. She then followed up with the insulting thread, a few comments of which I posted.

The poster was clearly speaking in English and although not perfect it was easy to understand what she was saying, you felt the need to try and belittle a woman for whatever reason.

No stupid, I really didn't understand what she was saying. I have no idea what her first language is, nor do i care. She said:

"How we are less civilised than people who shoot each other, and need guns to protect other people from shooting them?"

I asked for an English translation of that statement. Please translate that for me, 'cause I don't understand it. You claim you do and it as "easy to understand."

Maybe try and lose the manboobs and the stupid goatee.

Ah, sow now a physical related  insult because neither she or you appear able to actually debate the topic. Feel free to post a pic of your huge ripped self before making comments about others.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »
Then your reading comprehension skills are as bad as hers. I said she didn't know the crime rates of the country I thought she was from. That's not an insult. She then followed up with the insulting thread, a few comments of which I posted.

No stupid, I really didn't understand what she was saying. I have no idea what her first language is, nor do i care. She said:

"How we are less civilised than people who shoot each other, and need guns to protect other people from shooting them?"

I asked for an English translation of that statement. Please translate that for me, 'cause I don't understand it. You claim you do and it as "easy to understand."

Ah, sow now a physical related  insult because neither she or you appear able to actually debate the topic. Feel free to post a pic of your huge ripped self before making comments about others.

Nicely glossed over, again she was clearly speaking english and what you said was clearly an insult.There is no debating this.You started the stupid attacks and now cannot take it when its dished back to you.Karma is a bitch eh?

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
Nicely glossed over,

Nothing glossed over (sure you even know what that means?) as I addressed every comment.

again she was clearly speaking english and what you said was clearly an insult.

I posted exactly what she wrote, and asked for a translation, which you didn't supply, as it appears you don't understand that jibberish either!

There is no debating this.

Incorrect.

You started the stupid attacks

Incorrect yet again

and now cannot take it when its dished back to you.Karma is a bitch eh?

That's the best you can do? personal attacks on my looks  and then lame as talk of karma? Wow, your parents must be proud. Now run along and play while the grownups talk, ok sport?