Author Topic: Chris Cormier 200 pound dumbbell presses  (Read 14381 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Chris Cormier 200 pound dumbbell presses
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
This guy benches 308 lbs drug free. Sonny bill Williams Rugby league star

that tattoo looks terrible, how could anybody think it looks good ???

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
Cormier never squatted 800 frickin' pounds. Get serious. Dude had a big photo feature in one of the mags years ago with him squatting 675, and...they weren't even close to being "legal" depth. 

It's like when Dillett once stated that he doesn't do squats because leg presses work better for him, but if he did squat, he'd easily use 700 pounds. As if.

Do people have a clue what kind of feat of strength a 600+ squat is? Hell, the guys actually raw squatting with this much weight have trained specifically for this task for years and years. Guys like Paul think just because they're huge they can do it. Seven hundred pounds would have snapped Dillett like a twig.   

;)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
poor knees :-\
tank u jesus

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
what's with the tampax on the bar?

BIGDADDYD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
I did 140's for 8 reps this week. I am only 220. Shit you better do 200's when you weigh 300lbs.

Oh that is drug free also. So once it is time to gear up then at least i will do the 180's.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Why were they mean to you?  :(

Because some of those guys over there just aint very nice people. :'(

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 02:43:12 AM »
that tattoo looks terrible, how could anybody think it looks good ???

E

He is Maori, it's a traditional tattoo. Getting a tattoo for the Maori/pacific islander peoples seems to be more of a rite of passage rather than something you do to look 'cool'.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:04 AM »
Yes, he did. Awesome. But even his reps were not legal depth, and he was wearing a power suit and wraps, as well. To raw squat 700 or 800 pounds to depth is an utterly incredible achievement. 

Few powerlifters can raw squat 800 pounds, and I'll tell you more, I don't know any powerlfiter capable of doing 2 reps with 800 pounds at 4% bodyfat... The depth that Ronie did is perfectly legal, I saw powerlifters with legs wide open not going so far... Ronnie, Platz, Eddie Robinson, Ruhl could easily wipe out most powerlifters ass... with 3 months training...
S

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 04:22:25 AM »
Hahahhhahaa what a pussy Chris is, well compared to Ron anyway....

that shit makes you want to run to the gym and crank out a few reps...Ronnie was the best

that was from the Unblievable video..probably the best "training" video ever made
I

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
;)
Here's your proof. Anyone who knows anything about squatting can see Chris didn't hit any degree of depth with these reps; not with technique like this! Hell, his knees would explose if he went below parallel. Not to mention he'd probably pitch forward before that happened and crash land his face into the floor.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »
Few powerlifters can raw squat 800 pounds, and I'll tell you more, I don't know any powerlfiter capable of doing 2 reps with 800 pounds at 4% bodyfat... The depth that Ronie did is perfectly legal, I saw powerlifters with legs wide open not going so far... Ronnie, Platz, Eddie Robinson, Ruhl could easily wipe out most powerlifters ass... with 3 months training...
You're right. Few powerlifters can raw squat 800 pounds. Ronnie ain't doing it, either. He's got a suit and wraps on. But I do think with proper training he perhaps could have.

Please don't suggest his depth was legal. It was not. Not in a legit federation. Forget those ones where an inch above parallel is perfectly acceptable. He was close, though; I'll give him that.

Many bodybuilders from the past and present would make great powerlifters, yes. Hell, when I squatted with Platz in 1994 it was obvious how gifted he is. To see Coleman lift in person is a thing of wonder. I used to train at the gym where Robinson lifted in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, and, according to the older members, yes, the stories of his strength are true. Extremely powerful man.

Coan could hit a triple raw with 800-plus at single-digit bodyfat, no doubt. And weighing well under 240, too. Dude deadlifted 903 at 229 pounds about 15 years ago! The true elite powerlifters lifting in legit feds like the IPF, etc. are capable of ENORMOUS feats of strength.