Author Topic: Alert!!- Breed Bans!!  (Read 6096 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: Alert!!- Breed Bans!!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
but if they realize they might get booted next voting time they may listen.

Plus if nothing else bombarding them with emails, letters, faxes and calls will annoy them. 
  :)

I am not disagreeing with you, it needs to be done.  But trying to do it gets very frustrating because more often than not, what you do falls on deaf ears or they do something else even dumber. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »
I am not disagreeing with you, it needs to be done.  But trying to do it gets very frustrating because more often than not, what you do falls on deaf ears or they do something else even dumber. 

Well I feel that way in some other areas too, but I will keep saying stuff to try and get people to think.   ::)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »
  Well I feel that way in some other areas too, but I will keep saying stuff to try and get people to think.   ::)

:-*

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Selmer, Tennessee
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »
Selmer, Tennessee

Wed May 7, 2008 7:10 pm (PDT)

The city of Selmer, Tennessee has proposed a ban on pit bulls. It  is my understanding that the ban will be on the agenda of the May 13, 2008 city council meeting.

Selmer is a small town of under 5,000 people in West Tennessee. There isn't a particular incident that sparked the proposed ban, but rather, the city is experiencing ongoing problems with individuals who train their dogs to be aggressive and who are otherwise irresponsible with their dogs. In light of this, aside from informational materials regarding why breed specific legislation is ineffective, we might want a focus of our correspondence to the city officials to be on responsible dog ownership and holding irresponsible dog owners accountable - regardless of what kind of dog they have.

Please emphasize to the Selmer city council that pit bulls are DOGS - nothing more, nothing less - and every dog is a product of its  owner and environment. Obviously, because the Selmer officials are focused on the DOGS - rather than their irresponsible owners - passing a pit bull ban cannot and will not address the problems the city is experiencing.

Please send your polite and respectful opposition to breed specific legislation, as well as educational materials, to the Selmer city officials listed below.